Owen and Viduka

KaKa

Guest Heneage

Xisco has a decent turn of pace, but clearly he's not fit to lace Carroll's boots.

Kinnear seems to think so. He also seems to think Riise is a better option than Enrique at left back though.

You just think what is going so terribly wrong that he can't be tried. He's more proven than Carroll, and looking at some of the goals he scored in a very poor Deportivo side, just adds more validity to why he should be included. I'm all for Owen but if he's not working he's not working.

If Martins is out, i'd like to see Owen and Xisco against Pool, not a c***s chance in hell though.

Hopefully Owen is injured, I've heard whisperings that suggest he may be (and also why Edgar replaced him).

Carroll and Xisco upfront with Nile Ranger on the bench, then. :lol:

If Martins is out, i'd like to see Owen and Xisco against Pool, not a c***s chance in hell though.

Hopefully Owen is injured, I've heard whisperings that suggest he may be (and also why Edgar replaced him).

as s**** as Owen can be (and is, half of the time) it's daft to hope he's injured

as s**** as Owen can be (and is, half of the time) it's daft to hope he's injured

Being cynical I said before the game he'd be injured by the end of it, just in time for the Liverpool game. I was half joking but now I wonder. At least Oba will make every effort to play on Sunday now.

It's Beye I worry about though..... :'(

Guest firetotheworks

Xisco has a decent turn of pace, but clearly he's not fit to lace Carroll's boots.

Kinnear seems to think so. He also seems to think Riise is a better option than Enrique at left back though.

You just think what is going so terribly wrong that he can't be tried. He's more proven than Carroll, and looking at some of the goals he scored in a very poor Deportivo side, just adds more validity to why he should be included. I'm all for Owen but if he's not working he's not working.

Reminds me of Luque under Roeder. Xisco must be terrible/lazy in training.

Both of them were fucking gash. Carroll won more headers in his 22mins than Viduka did in the previous 68 (newsflash Joe, Viduka might be pretty tall but he's NO GOOD when the tactic is to ping the ball at him in the air over and over again) and Owen never had a sniff.

Both of them were fucking gash. Carroll won more headers in his 22mins than Viduka did in the previous 68 (newsflash Joe, Viduka might be pretty tall but he's NO GOOD when the tactic is to ping the ball at him in the air over and over again) and Owen never had a sniff.

Owen looked very disinterested for some reason, sort of wandered through the match without ever showing any sort of urgency.

Chance he had in the first half summed him up. Seemed to hesitate and never even got the shot away. Credit to Scharner for a great challenge, but more often than not Owen at least gets the shot away in that situation.

The problem with Owen and Viduka as a duo is that on their off-days they're both pretty much useless and offer you nothing. So when they both have a bad day, as they did today, then we're fucked.

Owen looked very disinterested for some reason, sort of wandered through the match without ever showing any sort of urgency.

No leadership whatsoever, too.

He never does though tbh, whereas he usually looks alive when the ball is in around the box.

Today he seemed to phone it in a bit.

Was nowhere near as bad as Viduka though, who seemed to really be applying himself to playing shite.

Rivetting stuff ...  :rolleyes:

Whose dream lineup was this again? Optimisitc Nut right?

Pathetic stuff really.

You're a f*cking goon. What strikeforce anywhere could have done anything with the service they got today? The full-backs offered nowt until the last 10 minutes, Duff & Gutierrez's service was shocking, Butt's passing was dire, and Guthrie was the only one who had even a half decent game.

Were we any better or worse in today's 2-1 than we were in the Sunderland & Fulham ones where Ameobi & Martins played? Was there f*ck. You're a prick.

Both of them were f***ing gash. Carroll won more headers in his 22mins than Viduka did in the previous 68 (newsflash Joe, Viduka might be pretty tall but he's NO GOOD when the tactic is to ping the ball at him in the air over and over again) and Owen never had a sniff.

I dont understand this the most especially after the last few years at the club. No one tries to pump up the players or tells them to think on the pitch (granted given will shout at his defence a bit). There is a point where letting your passion take control can be detremental to the game but even a sub giving the players a kick up the arse when they come on to the pitch or someone generally looking arsed would appease me a little.

big mistake making by Keegan making Owen captain like

No doubt, Geremi and Butt would have rallied us to victory much better.

Seemed like the decent choice given what we had. Barton was a non starter. Yes Given would have been great but I dont think a GK carries the same influence as someone outfield.

Or were you a voter for candidate Taylor?

Seemed like the decent choice given what we had. Barton was a non starter. Yes Given would have been great but I dont think a GK carries the same influence as someone outfield.

voted for Beye

When things really aren't going our way, the heads drop. Until the 75th minute we were absolutely woeful in the second half. No leadership whatsoever on the pitch. It looked like the players were happy to be down 1-0.

The leader today, though he didn't have a great game until the last twenty minutes, was Guthrie. Took the responsibility of the comeback solely on his shoulders and I was confident when he was the one to put the ball on the spot.

voted for Beye

Actually I think so did I, forgoten about him tbh! Apologies.

When things really aren't going our way, the heads drop. Until the 75th minute we were absolutely woeful in the second half. No leadership whatsoever on the pitch. It looked like the players were happy to be down 1-0.

The leader today, though he didn't have a great game until the last twenty minutes, was Guthrie. Took the responsibility of the comeback solely on his shoulders and I was confident when he was the one to put the ball on the spot.

:thup:

says it all really. 21 year old Liverpool reject assumes leadership on a pitch full of seasoned internationals.

"whatever you do, pick good people" - SBR

fucking sickening

says it all really. 21 year old Liverpool reject assumes leadership on a pitch full of seasoned internationals.

"whatever you do, pick good people" - SBR

fucking sickening

Why not just praise Guthrie instead mate? 

EDIT: Just spotted who the post was by, you have some serious anger issues Ronaldo  :sadnod: