Owen and Viduka

KaKa

Why not just praise Guthrie instead mate? 

EDIT: Just spotted who the post was by, you have some serious anger issues Ronaldo  :sadnod:

I've got some anger issues tonight, that's what NUFC does to you at times.

Quote from: KaKa on Today at 05:39:19 PM

Rivetting stuff ...  {$default_roll_eyes_smiley}

Whose dream lineup was this again? Optimisitc Nut right?

Pathetic stuff really.

You're a f*cking goon. What strikeforce anywhere could have done anything with the service they got today? The full-backs offered nowt until the last 10 minutes, Duff & Gutierrez's service was shocking, Butt's passing was dire, and Guthrie was the only one who had even a half decent game.

Were we any better or worse in today's 2-1 than we were in the Sunderland & Fulham ones where Ameobi & Martins played? Was there f*ck. You're a prick.

Bet you would have been on here waxing lyrical if they had each sccored three though right  :razz:

You talk as though the service has been so fantastic all season. It hasn't. However, despite this Martins still made things happen when he was out there.

Come on man! You've been harping on about Owen and Viduka being our best possible partnership! I was always going to stick it to you wasn't I  :laugh2:

Oh and another thing ... if they were so good they would be able to manufacture some sort of chances irrespective of the service provided.

Horrible partnership.

Quote from: KaKa on Today at 05:39:19 PM

Rivetting stuff ...  {$default_roll_eyes_smiley}

Whose dream lineup was this again? Optimisitc Nut right?

Pathetic stuff really.

You're a f*cking goon. What strikeforce anywhere could have done anything with the service they got today? The full-backs offered nowt until the last 10 minutes, Duff & Gutierrez's service was shocking, Butt's passing was dire, and Guthrie was the only one who had even a half decent game.

Were we any better or worse in today's 2-1 than we were in the Sunderland & Fulham ones where Ameobi & Martins played? Was there f*ck. You're a prick.

Bet you would have been on here waxing lyrical if they had each sccored three though right  :razz:

You talk as though the service has been so fantastic all season. It hasn't. However, despite this Martins still made things happen when he was out there.

Come on man! You've been harping on about Owen and Viduka being our best possible partnership! I was always going to stick it to you wasn't I  :laugh2:

Oh and another thing ... if they were so good they would be able to manufacture some sort of chances irrespective of the service provided.

Horrible partnership.

It's the first game they've started together this season isn't it? Bit harsh to judge when like I said, it was no worse than Martins/Ameobi in the Sunderland match.

It's the first game they've started together this season isn't it? Bit harsh to judge when like I said, it was no worse than Martins/Ameobi in the Sunderland match.

I know. It came out a bit harsher than I intended.

Just having a little dig. However, I do not think there is any hope for the partnership at all even if they played a 100 games going forward.

Just having a little dig. However, I do not think there is any hope for the partnership at all even if they played a 100 games going forward.

Two of our best chances the last few matches where the two strikers have linked up together, have been when it's Viduka & Owen. Late on at Boro when Owen laid it off for Viduka and forced a good save, and against Spurs where Viduka touched it into Owen's path where 8 times out of 10 he'd have scored. Can't remember too many instances where Martins/Owen, Martins/Ameobi, Owen/Martins, Owen/Ameobi have linked up to create chances like that.

Two of our best chances the last few matches where the two strikers have linked up together, have been when it's Viduka & Owen. Late on at Boro when Owen laid it off for Viduka and forced a good save, and against Spurs where Viduka touched it into Owen's path where 8 times out of 10 he'd have scored. Can't remember too many instances where Martins/Owen, Martins/Ameobi, Owen/Martins, Owen/Ameobi have linked up to create chances like that.

Martins seems to set up a fair few for Owen as well as creating and scoring for himself.

The cross that Owen scored from against Stoke, the cross against Portsmouth that Owen scuffed wide, the cross for Owen to head over the bar against Fulham, that's off the top of my head this season.

Not that they've played much together.

When things really aren't going our way, the heads drop. Until the 75th minute we were absolutely woeful in the second half. No leadership whatsoever on the pitch. It looked like the players were happy to be down 1-0.

The leader today, though he didn't have a great game until the last twenty minutes, was Guthrie. Took the responsibility of the comeback solely on his shoulders and I was confident when he was the one to put the ball on the spot.

says it all really. 21 year old Liverpool reject assumes leadership on a pitch full of seasoned internationals.

"whatever you do, pick good people" - SBR

f***ing sickening

a bit harsh on Guthrie Liverpool have some top players in the cantre of thier midfield.Very hard for him to break into that side

Guest sicko2ndbest

Viduka torn groin ...

Bloody useless this man.

that's it for him then. Hope this means that Xisco will be retained

At the cost of bringing in another player no doubt!

Remember when people had a hard on about the "best transfer window ever" under Big Sam, one of the plonkers is this twat Viduka. Great in possession but offers nowt else. If he gets a new contract the world is mad.

It is not a contest between Owen & Oba as they are our best strikers by some distance, the rest need to improve or sold or contracts not renewed.

I can't say I'm that satisfied with any of our strikers. Carroll and Shola lack pace. Owen and Martins lack skill. Viduka's on his way out and I don't hold out much hope for Xisco, who looked a bit clumsy on his cameo appearances. It's an area we can realistically look to improve without having to spend megabucks.

Guest neesy111

viduka is possibly my most hated player to play for this club.

always injured, fat, lazy and doesn't give a toss about the club, if he gets a new contract then the club can kiss goodbye to my support

viduka is possibly my most hated player to play for this club.

always injured, fat, lazy and doesn't give a toss about the club, if he gets a new contract then the club can kiss goodbye to my support

Kluivert? Ferguson?

I loved Big Dunc like. Mainly just because of the story of him kicking down Ruud Gullit's door. :lol: