West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

People comparing to Barton, but at least Barton hasn't actually got anything on his record for Assaulting Women.

Beating up other men is one thing, but assaulting women is just about as low as you can get.

I may have missed something quite significant but it think it is a little bit early to come to that sort of conclusion.

It is a FACT that Barton stubbed a cigarette/cigar out on another players eye. It is also a FACT that Barton has criminal conviction's for common assault and also assault occasioning ABH.

It may or may not be the case that this time next week Carroll will also have a conviction for ABH but to me there is a big difference between a "woman beater" and someone who has pushed a woman away in self defence resulting in a head injury. As we do not yet know what has gone on here it is a bit early to say.

Comparing which one of the two tossers is the best/worst.  Priceless. :lol:

It is crime poker

I will see your cigar in Tandys eye with a glass above Michael Cook eye & a teamates broken jaw.

Guest neesy111

So when are people going to draw the line with Carroll?

1) Already got a police caution.

2) Court case for glassing someone.  (To which I've been told he's guilty, which if true would see him going down as it's a major incident).

3) Broke Steven Taylor's jaw in training.

4) Now on assault charge for incident with his ex.

Hmm, he's either very unlucky with trouble following him, or he's an idiot in my eyes.

regarding no.3...if i remember correctly most on here were of the opinion it was ok as steven taylor is a bigger t***.

I didn't, but i know where your coming from.  Shouldn't be allowed in football club's.  One reason why I hated Shearer at times when he was known to have done this stuff.

Guest neesy111

Thing is, I have Morals when it come's to this kind of stuff.  I said Barton should of been sacked when he was jailed for his attack.

Carroll is supposed to be a role-model, I'm sure he know's that with the responsability of the number 9 shirt, but he's letting himself, Hughton and club down.

So when are people going to draw the line with Carroll?

1) Already got a police caution.

2) Court case for glassing someone.  (To which I've been told he's guilty, which if true would see him going down as it's a major incident).

3) Broke Steven Taylor's jaw in training.

4) Now on assault charge for incident with his ex.

Hmm, he's either very unlucky with trouble following him, or he's an idiot in my eyes.

regarding no.3...if i remember correctly most on here were of the opinion it was ok as steven taylor is a bigger t***.

I didn't, but i know where your coming from.  Shouldn't be allowed in football club's.  One reason why I hated Shearer at times when he was known to have done this stuff.

What other incidents, other than the Gillespie one, were there?

Thought it was well-known that Gillespie deserved a smack, anyway.

Biggest tragedy of it all? His taste in lasses.

http://www.dcifashion.co.uk/competition_profile.php?id=188

Proper farmers heed.

Thought it was Boy George for a minute :spit: In all seriousness tbh hitting a woman in any circumstances is totally wrong and unforgivable unless you are being attacked yourself and in self defence fair enough ,this lad has a rap sheet as long as Bartons but not the same level of violence so would you say lets give him another chance or get rid ,all Bartons problems by the look of things have been drink related by all accounts so he gave up the drink and has been a good boy and well done to him and imho Carroll is doing the same thing and @ his age it will be harder too stay on the straight and narrow so in my opinion stay off the Drink for starters but by all accounts his temper causes trouble too so he needs experts to sort his life out .

Jesus, punctuate man.

Far as I know, which isn't too far, it doesn't seem to be a drink thing with Carroll, not least seeing as he had his run-ins with Taylor and N'Zogbia at the training ground. Actually, the Taylor thing seemed to push him on last season so given how things have been going, maybe he's done this for the good of the club...

You say "punctuate man" and come up with a statement "maybe he's done this for the good of the club" is that sarcasm or just a stupid comment please elaborate  :undecided:

Run with your sarcasm idea. Maybe surrealism.

Yours was a 147 word sentence :lol:

I just had loads to say and found it easier to irritate people by the lack of punctuation  O0

Cant believe some of the ridiculous excuses made for him on here.  If he banged her head off the floor or the bath, they are both unacceptable.  You cant say the multiple run ins he's been involved in over the last couple of years are all self defence.  If he's charged or if he goes down next week, move him on.  The club are part at fault for not dealing with him properly over the Taylor incident.  Also, which wanker gave him a contract 3 wks before a case at crown court?

She might have banged her head on the bath while he was banging her though.

I personally think this whole story is a load of rubbish and all charges will end up being dropped or he will get off on the self defence plea.

Cant believe some of the ridiculous excuses made for him on here.  If he banged her head off the floor or the bath, they are both unacceptable.  You cant say the multiple run ins he's been involved in over the last couple of years are all self defence.  If he's charged or if he goes down next week, move him on.  The club are part at fault for not dealing with him properly over the Taylor incident.  Also, which w***** gave him a contract 3 wks before a case at crown court?

I personally think this whole story is a load of rubbish and all charges will end up being dropped or he will get off on the self defence plea.

So he's the new Lee Chapman then

Cant believe some of the ridiculous excuses made for him on here.  If he banged her head off the floor or the bath, they are both unacceptable.  You cant say the multiple run ins he's been involved in over the last couple of years are all self defence.  If he's charged or if he goes down next week, move him on.  The club are part at fault for not dealing with him properly over the Taylor incident.  Also, which w***** gave him a contract 3 wks before a case at crown court?

You mean he'll pay her off.  He's obviously just misunderstood

So he's the new Lee Chapman then

Better than the new Lee Stewart.

Cant believe some of the ridiculous excuses made for him on here.  If he banged her head off the floor or the bath, they are both unacceptable.  You cant say the multiple run ins he's been involved in over the last couple of years are all self defence.  If he's charged or if he goes down next week, move him on.  The club are part at fault for not dealing with him properly over the Taylor incident.  Also, which wanker gave him a contract 3 wks before a case at crown court?

Why?

I don't think the story is as cut and dry as it may seem. I wouldn't want to guess what went on but considering Carroll has a track record of breaking jaws when the red mist comes down and she's walked away with only a 'minor' head injury (which didn't stop her from selling her story to a tabloid newspaper within hours of the incident happening but that's by the by) I get the feeling AC9 probably wasn't frothing at the mouth and battering her from sink to toilet bowl on Sunday morning. Sounds like two charvas with history having an argument which became physical.

Obviously if he has intentionally hurt this lass that's not on, he'll be found guilty and then we should look towards taking action. Chances are he may well be telling the truth and he may have been acting in self defence and then the witch hunt will look a bit daft.