West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew took his squad to Faro for a mid-season break yesterday morning, with Carroll on board the flight.

When asked about Carroll’s fitness, Pardew told the Chronicle: “Andy Carroll will be the closest.

But he was less optimistic on centre-back Taylor. He said: “No chance on Steven Taylor for Fulham, and Tiote’s still suspended.

“He’ll (Taylor) be ready for Arsenal, when I think Andy will play.

“It’s just a case of whether Andy makes Fulham.”

Andy is only going across to smash some Portugese lass's hips in.

As we have been trying to buy a striker, it would actually be very wise to lie about it if Carroll is out until April, and in this scenario it is quite possible that we have been lying about it for the past month.

Reason: To prevent being held to ransom on the negotiating table.

What on earth are you going on about now?

Say Andy Carroll really does have an injury that means he is out until April, clubs and agents would be using it to justify higher fees/wages. Think about it.

Pardew took his squad to Faro for a mid-season break yesterday morning, with Carroll on board the flight.

When asked about Carroll’s fitness, Pardew told the Chronicle: “Andy Carroll will be the closest.

But he was less optimistic on centre-back Taylor. He said: “No chance on Steven Taylor for Fulham, and Tiote’s still suspended.

"Carona Me! Carona Me!"

What on earth are you going on about now?

Say Andy Carroll really does have an injury that means he is out until April, clubs and agents would be using it to justify higher fees/wages. Think about it.

Are you some sort of alter-ego made to confuse the hell out of us?

Taylor27 is saying that if Carroll was knackered we wouldn't want other teams/agents to know.

Because if they knew we were desperate for another striker it would weaken our bargaining position.

This would mean we would have to pay "over the odds" for whoever we brought in as a replacement.

Taylor27 is suggesting that the board have been lying about how long Carroll will be out so that it is easier to bring in a replacement.

Guest VegasToon

"Carona Me! Carona Me!"

Andy Carroll doesn't teabag lasses, he potato sacks them.

Could be lying, not have been lying, but I'm glad someone understands :)

We should have him stuffed and mounted.

I'd rather mount then stuff him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/9373739.stm

Aguerro valued at £39m as he's a 22 year old with 7 league goals.

Puts it into perspective how much Carroll is worth.

FFS you can't just look at one season's performance and compare the price. The main similarity between the two players is their age/youth.  Aguerro has been consistently scoring goals in La Liga and Europe for several seasons now

The bid's come from a team outside La Liga, though.

so they are still looking at how he performed in La Liga and Europe as a benchmark, makes no difference. He has been consistently good over several seasons, whilst Carroll is just about to complete his first 'good' season in the Premiership