West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest toonlass

Gutted! Can't believe people would think that Andy Carroll was forced to submit a transfer request by Ashley. Who the heck would tarnish his reputation with the fans by doing that? He has chosen to walk away from his home town club. Feel gutted by it tbh.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Cannit believe I spent all that time making a video for this dick.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Your fault to be honest, that eye catching youtube video...  :angry:

Connor Wickham anyone?

Yep

As much as I am dissappointed, I am going to leaqve my judgement open on this one as far as, bids, Transfer requests etc go as it is media Hype. I mean, Sky reported he was driving to Liverpool until it turned out it was rubbish.

I think that some people are so blinkered on here its untrue, when it was bought about that huighton was sacked and Pardew was taking over people reacted the same way as they are now and throwing out the HATE .

WHat happens Happens and no one here can do anything about it, You never know (and this was said earlier) maybe this could be a Berbatov type deal all over again. The Spuds have been stronger since Berbatov left and maybe we can become stronger. Best might get a run of games (which he needs) and might turn out to be a peach. The same might go for Xisco (I have no idea what is happening with him tbh).

Despite all this malarkey I am still going to bang my missus tonight.

I can't understand why people think he should stay, the lad has a career to take care of and nothing about our club at the moment should be giving him confidence that we can do better than Liverpool. 

Liverpool are a more successful club, clearly have more ambition (given their spending this transfer window) and have a good manager (well certainly better than ours) - add to that he will get a better financial deal and we will get a fee, well above his real valuation. Turn to look at what we can provide him and you've got the fat man, sleezy Pardew and a bare thin squad that isn't getting invested in - not sure where the dilema is?

Reminds me of the time Berbatov went to Man Utd, I sympathise with you.

At least the Spurs fans knew that Berbatov wanted out, I guess not many thought Carroll would go until he put in the transfer request.  Or that's what the poll suggests.

its part of controlling the backlash to Ashley:

a) 'reject' a 2nd bid

b) say he handed in a request.

This

Obviously. It couldnt be more blatant.

So Carroll will be coming out and telling us that request never happened yes?

No. Non-disclosure agreements and money will be the reason why he would never do that. I'm betting that he doesn't mention the transfer request in his press conference, and he doesn't mention it when he's next back at St James'.

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

We rejected an offer to get a better price. It's called negotiating. When we got our price, we were willing to sell him, but Ashley didn't want to alienate the fans, which he would have done for the umpteenth time. So he told Carroll to stick a transfer request in, and now he can say 'look, I rejected a bid and he handed a transfer request in so I just made sure Liverpool paid good money for him'. It's PR, man. You're daft if you think this stuff doesn't happen regularly.

Exactly.

Oh my god!!  This is delusion/stupidity beyond belief.

Why would Carroll agree to come across as a t***? Have a f***ing word man. Any excuse to have a go.

Aye...I can't believe people are even contemplating this as a MA trick. Some are even contradicting themselves in one post.

Exactly. Some people want to have a word with themselves man.

f***ing hell, people on here are thick as mince. This is Mike Ashley. It's been on the cards since Pardew was appointed, in fact this is exactly WHY he was appointed.

The club have accepted a bid and that tells Andy Carroll "you are not as important to us as this money". Same reason Les Ferdinand didn't turn round when Shearer's knee buckled even though he wanted to stay 100%.

hilarious stuff  :mackems:  too bad it's just your imagination

If it's true that Carroll asked for transfer I'm okay with that! He can go...and even better if the fee is as high as told! Just think about the last year...no team in the world would have paid more than 5 million of him...no fucking way he's worth 35million

Gutted! Can't believe people would think that Andy Carroll was forced to submit a transfer request by Ashley. Who the heck would tarnish his reputation with the fans by doing that? He has chosen to walk away from his home town club. Feel gutted by it tbh.

exactly, Ashley has no reputation to protect and the media would have sided with him saying it was to good to turn down.