West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I have to say, Carroll still tugs some sympathy from me simply because he's a young lad jumping out one frying pan into another massive and alien frying pan and I can't help but feel that this whole thing must be totally overwhelming for him.

He looked shell shocked at his medical.

Bet he had alot of doubts and his mind would have been f***ed during the whole thing.  I wonder how he'll fair off the pitch and also on it without the support of our group Nolan, Barton etc.  I can see him going off the rails tbh.

Definantly, he'll be doing life this time next year

Guest neesy111

I have to say, Carroll still tugs some sympathy from me simply because he's a young lad jumping out one frying pan into another massive and alien frying pan and I can't help but feel that this whole thing must be totally overwhelming for him.

Bet he had alot of doubts and his mind would have been f***ed during the whole thing.  I wonder how he'll fair off the pitch and also on it without the support of our group Nolan, Barton etc.  I can see him going off the rails tbh.

He won't be exactly welcomed back on Tyneside as well.

F*** Carroll. I hope his whip gets cut off and he looses all of his powers. In my latest nap I dreamt that Carroll broke Gerrards jaw in a trainingground bust-up, then got beat up by Carragher ending up with a seasonending injury. And..

...in 3 years we sell Ranger for 40m. Newcastle richer and about 500 tattoos poorer.

He won't be exactly welcomed back on Tyneside as well.

and he will be back.  Can see him 'doing a Chopra' and making regular trips back when time allows.

Tbf he has looked pretty shit hot and if he continues as he is (and theres nowt to suggest he wont) then he'll be 1 of the top Premiership strikers for years to come. Although I doubt he'll ever reach the hights of Villa he is like 6-7 years younger, which has to be a factor when determening a players price (Villa has little sell on value for example, whereas Carroll's price may very well increase).

Fucking hell, reading about the new developments makes it seem like Pardew & co were at fault. I reckon Carroll could have stayed if he really wanted but if he was asked to hand in a transfer request then what's he supposed to do?

Still don't quite understand but I can't help but feel Pardew has done a wrong 'un here.

Guest neesy111

Andy Carroll cost more than David Villa. :lol:

Darren Bent cost more than Henry in 2006.

No, he didn't.

2007 apologies was when they moved.

Bent cost 18M, Henry 16M.

Guest neesy111

Fucking hell, reading about the new developments makes it seem like Pardew & co were at fault. I reckon Carroll could have stayed if he really wanted but if he was asked to hand in a transfer request then what's he supposed to do?

Still don't quite understand but I can't help but feel Pardew has done a wrong 'un here.

:kinnear:

It's more of the other way now tbh.

Guest neesy111

Didn't he say 'make sure the fans know I didn't want to leave'?

I don't know, I'm picking up scraps of info from the net. If anyone could fill me in with basic details from today that would be cool :thup:

That is what he's said apparently, that to me though is his cheap shot at using the fans behind him in the whole saga.

I don't know, I'm picking up scraps of info from the net. If anyone could fill me in with basic details from today that would be cool :thup:

Video interview with pardew that's cleared stuff up for myself.

http://bcove.me/bmqzoz2v

That is what he's said apparently, that to me though is his cheap shot at using the fans behind him in the whole saga.

Look at the cunt on the footage, he looks happier then ever, theres no denial this is what he wanted. Of course he'd rather earn £400kpw here, but he's very much happy to gather his £90kpw or whatever in Scouserland.

He just proved to us all to never trust a football player.

Carol wanted more money

MA didnt want to give it to him

Someone offered a British record for an injured, trouble maker kid who went on a good run. We accepted.

MA could have given him loads more money. He didnt.

Carol shouldnt have asked. He should love the club rather.

something to that effect....

Guest icemanblue

:lol: Sorry, I cant stand by an watch ne'esy become the spokesman for this transfer.

So, it goes like this:

Andy Carroll has left to join Liverpool for £35m.

Some blame Ashley.

Some blame Carroll.

Of course he would say that, doesn't mean it's true though.

The simple fact is: he signed a transfer request.  Whatever else went on, he didn't have to sign one, but he did, and he didn't look that gutted afterwards.

Pardew says Carroll didnt have to step on the helicopter but at the same time we didnt have to accept the bid. Maybe they didnt fully push him out the door but i would definetly say that the blame lies at the clubs door. Charlie Adam put in a request over a week ago and the club put their foot down, we could have done exactly the same but the guys at the top saw big money signs in their eyes and as a result, look at the strikeforce we have left. Caroll had a contract for another few years, the power never shifted.

Of course they shifted, man get a hold of yourself. The club accepted an offer which any club would've. The thing is Andy leaving and saying he was forced to leave. End of, he wasn't forced, no one is forced.

If I was a chairman I would also have sold him for that ridiculous sum. Sorry but 8th most expensive players of all time and he has barely played 6 months in this league, it's a joke and yes I understand that the timing wasn't the best. But after all it does feel we're going to stay up, and if we don't we took a massive gamble which failed.

But in all honesty, i feel that sum was to high for a player of his calibre don't forget we got Ben Arfa for 7 times less. Now he's gone and we have to look up and forward!

i would just love if we finished above them in the league, and nothing suggests that's impossible. Carroll still out for another 4-5 weeks AP said.

Pardew says Carroll didnt have to step on the helicopter but at the same time we didnt have to accept the bid. Maybe they didnt fully push him out the door but i would definetly say that the blame lies at the clubs door. Charlie Adam put in a request over a week ago and the club put their foot down, we could have done exactly the same but the guys at the top saw big money signs in their eyes and as a result, look at the strikeforce we have left. Caroll had a contract for another few years, the power never shifted.

Sorry, but while it was too late in the day, didn't Blackpool accept an offer from Tottenham in the end? Not really putting their foot down very strongly if that was the case.

EDIT:

Well, they tried to accept but...

Redknapp - “Apparently the boy was definitely up for coming, but apparently the chairman couldn’t get hold of two shareholders who had to sign the forms as well. It’s just one of those things.” :lol: