West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Charlie Adam put in a request over a week ago and the club put their foot down, we could have done exactly the same but the guys at the top saw big money signs in their eyes and as a result, look at the strikeforce we have left.

If a bid for 15 Million quid was put in, do you think Blackpool will take the higher moral ground and reject the transfer? Its all relative ....

Charlie Adam put in a request over a week ago and the club put their foot down, we could have done exactly the same but the guys at the top saw big money signs in their eyes and as a result, look at the strikeforce we have left.

If a bid for 15 Million quid was put in, do you think Blackpool will take the higher moral ground and reject the transfer? Its all relative ....

Totally agree. A lot of people on here were saying yesterday that they'd accept around a 40mil bid for Carroll, or atleast take it under serious consideration, and now that it's happened people are going on like MA has taken a shit on their doorstep and pissed on their kids. MA is far from a saint, and has seriously pissed me off with some of his actions in the past, but to think he's in totally in the wrong for accepting the offer is insane.

They did accept a bid, and I'm not even sure if it was that high.

Guest johnson293

Pardew says Carroll didnt have to step on the helicopter but at the same time we didnt have to accept the bid. Maybe they didnt fully push him out the door but i would definetly say that the blame lies at the clubs door. Charlie Adam put in a request over a week ago and the club put their foot down, we could have done exactly the same but the guys at the top saw big money signs in their eyes and as a result, look at the strikeforce we have left. Caroll had a contract for another few years, the power never shifted.

Sorry, but while it was too late in the day, didn't Blackpool accept an offer from Tottenham in the end? Not really putting their foot down very strongly if that was the case.

Aye, and the result being they now have a very pissed off Charlie Adam in their squad for the rest of the season.

Sky footage basically showed him pacing back and forth at the Blackpool ground reception all night, waiting to be allowed to speak to another club.

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew says Carroll didnt have to step on the helicopter but at the same time we didnt have to accept the bid. Maybe they didnt fully push him out the door but i would definetly say that the blame lies at the clubs door. Charlie Adam put in a request over a week ago and the club put their foot down, we could have done exactly the same but the guys at the top saw big money signs in their eyes and as a result, look at the strikeforce we have left. Caroll had a contract for another few years, the power never shifted.

You really cant understand the difference??

Reading between the lines of todays comments and reports I'm actually starting to understand why he's left a bit. You can say this and that about hometown club etc, but the fact is Liverpool are bidding for him and probably every top club in England want him and he knows he is gonna double/treble his wages if he moves. He has stated he wanted to stay but wanted a new contract and Pardew has confirmed this. He has every right to ask for a new contract (even with him signing a new one not long ago), if he's on course to dwarf his current salary elsewhere. His stock has increased massively and will continue to do so. If he was on £30,000 a week and he's potentially getting offered £80,000 a week elsewhere and with his ability then we should be bending over backwards to keep get him to sign a new contract again. £80,000 a week is a lot of money but he is a one off, potential world class, and he was the potential new Shearer for us. Why shouldn't he get a contract which shows him the club values him as much as Liverpool do? Its clear that, although the club probably didnt want to sell him, as soon as Ashley seen the pound signs he would have been tempted to sell him, and once he had an excuse to that was it. £80,000 fucking grand a week, for once we would have been paying someone top money who was actually worth it. 22 years old. We will regret.

Guest palnese

Carroll: The first interview

After finishing his first session at Melwood and meeting his new teammates, Andy Carroll sat down with the club's official website to give his first interview as a Liverpool player.

Welcome to Liverpool Football Club, how does it feel to be here?

It's just a great feeling. Liverpool is a massive club and it's nice to be wanted by a club like this, never mind turning up and being here with everyone around.

How did you feel when you first heard of Liverpool's interest?

I was a bit surprised and didn't really know what was going on at the time. When I knew it was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it.

Everything has happened so quickly - has it sunk in yet?

A little bit! Everyone I grew up with is still in Newcastle but as soon as things settle down a bit I'm sure it'll be better.

How did it feel this morning to wake up as Liverpool's new No.9?

It's a great feeling. The No.9 is a big number and the one I wanted. To get it at Liverpool is a great feeling.

It is an iconic shirt at Liverpool with the likes of Rush, Fowler and Torres having worn it - how proud are you to now be following in their footsteps?

That's what I'm hoping for. I want to go out there and play the football that has brought me here. I want to score goals, set up goals and carry on playing football

How much are you looking forward to working with Kenny Dalglish?

That's really exciting. He's a great man, a great manager and I'm looking forward to getting started. He has told me to settle myself in, get fit and get ready to start playing.

We know you're close friends with Kevin Nolan who is a big Liverpool fan - what has he said to you about this club?

I have spoken to him. He is over the moon, really delighted for me. He said it's a big chance for me to go out there and show what I can do with Liverpool, and that's what I'm going to do.

How big an opportunity is this for you at such an early stage in your career?

It's massive. Liverpool is a big club which is going places and this is a chance to show what I can do. What I did at Newcastle has got me here and now I have to carry it on with Liverpool.

You're not the only new signing at the club - how much are you looking forward to linking up with Luis Suarez?

It's going to be great to partner with him. He's a great player but I'm looking forward to playing with all the lads. There are some great players here and I just hope I can fit in well.

You've had a great season at Newcastle - how confident are you that you'll score the goals to take Liverpool forward in the way we all want?

Goals have always been in my game so I'm very confident I can score for Liverpool. I'll bring as much as I can to the team, I'll score goals, create chances, hold up the ball and just try my best really.

How much are you looking forward to making your Liverpool debut?

I can't wait. I just need to get myself fit and then look forward to my debut. I'm just working in the gym at the moment and hopefully will start running soon. I just want to get started.

This is clearly the start of a new era at Liverpool under new ownership - how excited are you at the prospect of being an integral part of it?

It's a great feeling. Everyone has put their faith in me and it's nice to have come to a club that has welcomed me like this.

And, finally, what would your message be to Liverpool fans today?

They have spent a lot of money on getting me here and I just want to repay them for what they have spent. I'll do my best and think I can do it. I want to win trophies with this club and help push us forward.

he can go straight to hell, and stay there.

Andy Carroll cost more than David Villa. :lol:

Darren Bent cost more than Henry in 2006.

No, he didn't.

2007 apologies was when they moved.

Bent cost 18M, Henry 16M.

Hmm.

Still, when you look at it, Bent had established himself in the Premier League with a couple of seasons at Charlton. Carroll's barely had six months so it's an incredible deal.

Reading between the lines of todays comments and reports I'm actually starting to understand why he's left a bit. You can say this and that about hometown club etc, but the fact is Liverpool are bidding for him and probably every top club in England want him and he knows he is gonna double/treble his wages if he moves. He has stated he wanted to stay but wanted a new contract and Pardew has confirmed this. He has every right to ask for a new contract (even with him signing a new one not long ago), if he's on course to dwarf his current salary elsewhere. His stock has increased massively and will continue to do so. If he was on £30,000 a week and he's potentially getting offered £80,000 a week elsewhere and with his ability then we should be bending over backwards to keep get him to sign a new contract again. £80,000 a week is a lot of money but he is a one off, potential world class, and he was the potential new Shearer for us. Why shouldn't he get a contract which shows him the club values him as much as Liverpool do? Its clear that, although the club probably didnt want to sell him, as soon as Ashley seen the pound signs he would have been tempted to sell him, and once he had an excuse to that was it. £80,000 fucking grand a week, for once we would have been paying someone top money who was actually worth it. 22 years old. We will regret.

We may well regret it, but unlike Livepool, established, in Europe, and with massive financial backing, the arguement is sound that in our first season back, we are simply not in a position to give our young players £80 grand a week. Especially when we have just tied half our squad to new contracts that reflect our current standing.

As Pardew hinted at, we would not have a very happy squad if we started making exceptions everytime someones head gets turned.

It's a great feeling. The No.9 is a big number and the one I wanted. To get it at Liverpool is a great feeling.

Just fuck off now please

Howay man, he's talking to the official club site.  He's hardly gonna tell them he's gutted to leave Newcastle and he's only there because of money or whatever. He probably is happy, he's got a huge wage increase, has signed for a massive club and it is a big opportunity. It is all clear that he was willing to stay now though if he got his new contract. If he was desperate to leave he wouldnt have asked for it he would have just said he wanted to leave. Pardew has confirmed he wanted a new contract.

Carroll: The first interview

After finishing his first session at Melwood and meeting his new teammates, Andy Carroll sat down with the club's official website to give his first interview as a Liverpool player.

Welcome to Liverpool Football Club, how does it feel to be here?

It's just a great feeling. Liverpool is a massive club and it's nice to be wanted by a club like this, never mind turning up and being here with everyone around.

How did you feel when you first heard of Liverpool's interest?

I was a bit surprised and didn't really know what was going on at the time. When I knew it was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it.

Everything has happened so quickly - has it sunk in yet?

A little bit! Everyone I grew up with is still in Newcastle but as soon as things settle down a bit I'm sure it'll be better.

It is an iconic shirt at Liverpool with the likes of Rush, Fowler and Torres having worn it - how proud are you to now be following in their footsteps?

That's what I'm hoping for. I want to go out there and play the football that has brought me here. I want to score goals, set up goals and carry on playing football

How much are you looking forward to working with Kenny Dalglish?

That's really exciting. He's a great man, a great manager and I'm looking forward to getting started. He has told me to settle myself in, get fit and get ready to start playing.

We know you're close friends with Kevin Nolan who is a big Liverpool fan - what has he said to you about this club?

I have spoken to him. He is over the moon, really delighted for me. He said it's a big chance for me to go out there and show what I can do with Liverpool, and that's what I'm going to do.

How big an opportunity is this for you at such an early stage in your career?

It's massive. Liverpool is a big club which is going places and this is a chance to show what I can do. What I did at Newcastle has got me here and now I have to carry it on with Liverpool.

You're not the only new signing at the club - how much are you looking forward to linking up with Luis Suarez?

It's going to be great to partner with him. He's a great player but I'm looking forward to playing with all the lads. There are some great players here and I just hope I can fit in well.

You've had a great season at Newcastle - how confident are you that you'll score the goals to take Liverpool forward in the way we all want?

Goals have always been in my game so I'm very confident I can score for Liverpool. I'll bring as much as I can to the team, I'll score goals, create chances, hold up the ball and just try my best really.

How much are you looking forward to making your Liverpool debut?

I can't wait. I just need to get myself fit and then look forward to my debut. I'm just working in the gym at the moment and hopefully will start running soon. I just want to get started.

This is clearly the start of a new era at Liverpool under new ownership - how excited are you at the prospect of being an integral part of it?

It's a great feeling. Everyone has put their faith in me and it's nice to have come to a club that has welcomed me like this.

And, finally, what would your message be to Liverpool fans today?

They have spent a lot of money on getting me here and I just want to repay them for what they have spent. I'll do my best and think I can do it. I want to win trophies with this club and help push us forward.

he can go straight to hell, and stay there.

Very contradictory to what the alleged text messages and Chronicle interview said.

At the end of the day Carroll is just one of the modern generation of footballers where sentiment is plastic and soundbites are delivered for an audience gullible enough to believe them. 'Number 9/great number' bollocks, 'can't wait to play here', 'great club', etc. We've heard it all before.