West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yous are all acting like 16 year old girls who have just been dumped. Get over it. He's not worth £35m. Our owner wanted the money, he was tempted to go, done deal. He didn't force the deal, we didn't force him to stay. How can you spew so much vitriol towards him?

We know you're close friends with Kevin Nolan who is a big Liverpool fan - what has he said to you about this club?

I have spoken to him. He is over the moon, really delighted for me. He said it's a big chance for me to go out there and show what I can do with Liverpool, and that's what I'm going to do.

:tickedoff:

How did you feel when you first heard of Liverpool's interest?

I was a bit surprised and didn't really know what was going on at the time. When I knew it was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it.

Shameless. Telling both clubs differant stories.

Howay man, he's talking to the official club site.  He's hardly gonna tell them he's gutted to leave Newcastle and he's only there because of money or whatever. He probably is happy, he's got a huge wage increase, has signed for a massive club and it is a big opportunity. It is all clear that he was willing to stay now though if he got his new contract. If he was desperate to leave he wouldnt have asked for it he would have just said he wanted to leave. Pardew has confirmed he wanted a new contract.

"When I knew it was real and that there was a chance for me to come here I knew it was a great opportunity and I had to take it."

Didn't need to change his story though.

"After speaking with my agent, I've decided I can't possibly live off £40,000 a week and have therefore decided to hand in a transfer request."

That line a few pages back absolutely cracked me up :lol:

Man, some of you really take all these press conferences seriously, don't you?

Rooney must still love Man Utd, then, given that he's proclaimed his love for them about a thousand times after he signed a new contract. Let's just ignore how nonchalant he's looked on the pitch this whole season, even after signing a new 200k/week contract.

And he's speaking to the official site of his new team. Do you think he's going to be crying his eyes out, mumbling about his boyhood club and losing the opportunity to follow Shearer's footsteps?

Still defending him to the death I see.

No, I expect you to ignore it. Like we all ignore what every new signing says when they get here. Do you think Ben Arfa's going to be all lovey dovey if Barca come in for him 18 months from now? Do you think Enrique will be adamant that he's staying when Real want to make him their new LB this summer? These players have PR people with them almost everyday, coaching them on what to say and what not to say. The honest players like Robbie Savage are the exception, not the rule. Every other play just spouts cliches, and Carroll's no different. The abundance of #9 cliches that he spouted in his time here should be a massive fucking clue to what kind of answers he gives to the media.

And he's speaking to the official site of his new team. Do you think he's going to be crying his eyes out, mumbling about his boyhood club and losing the opportunity to follow Shearer's footsteps?

Just a bit of truth from him would be nice, saying "I never wanted to leave" one hour, then "I had to leave as soon as you were interested" the next just makes him look like a t***.

Those are standard answers. He's not going to alienate his new fans to please his old fans. That would be utterly insane.

I really do not think that Carroll was the innocent young player shipped off to the other side of the country against his will by the evil despot Ashley. However I agree that anything said in an official club interview should be taken with a pinch of salt. 

1  Cristiano Ronaldo  Manchester United  Real Madrid £80 €93.5[4] 2009 £80m

2  Zlatan Ibrahimović[5]  Internazionale  Barcelona £56.5 €66[6][7] 2009 £57m

3  Kaká  Milan  Real Madrid £56 €64 2009 £56m

4  Fernando Torres  Liverpool  Chelsea £50[8] €58 2011 £50m

5  Zinedine Zidane  Juventus  Real Madrid £45 €75[9][10] 2001 £55m

6  Luís Figo  Barcelona  Real Madrid £37[11] €58.5 2000 £46m

7  Hernán Crespo[12]  Parma  Lazio £35.5[13] €55 2000 £45m

8  Andy Carroll  Newcastle United  Liverpool £35[14] €40 2011 £35m

9  David Villa  Valencia  Barcelona £34.2[15] €40 2010 £34m

10  Gianluigi Buffon[16]  Parma  Juventus £32.6[17] €49.2 2001 £40m

11  Robinho  Real Madrid  Manchester City £32.5[18] €49 2008 £32m

12  Christian Vieri  Lazio  Internazionale £32[19] €48.3 1999 £41m

13  Andriy Shevchenko  Milan  Chelsea £30.8 €46.4 2006 £33m

14  Dimitar Berbatov  Tottenham Hotspur  Manchester United £30.75 €46.4 2008 £31m

Just a bit of perspective in case anyones missed it.

That does make it clear. Unproven kid with an offer more than Villa and co? sheeesh. I would probably bite off that hand that offered 35mill. Sucks. But True.

That is a crazy list right there!  O0

Guest neesy111

Nolan too. Driving the fucker down there and selling the club to him. Tit.

Thought they used a helicopter to get him to Liverpool.