West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would I take Carroll back? Unlikely tbh, I still feel betrayed by him leaving like. I don't for one second believe that he was forced out (whatever Steve Wraith says is a load of b*llocks imo). Like Cajun said, both Carroll and the board are to blame for his departure so for him to come back (within the next couple of years) is kinda taking the p*ss.

It's a choice of who you believe, the board or Andy Carroll, only one version of events is true.

Not really. :facepalm:

So it can be true that he was forced to leave and that he wasn't. Get a grip

The Carroll-sale was possibly the worst sort of deal for everyone on here, only Ashleys pocket benefitted. The money was good but we are never gonna see them. Hence its pointless using the amount of quid as an arguement. We lost our best striker and brought no replacement in, not now - not ever.

Horrible deal, horrible for fans, horrible for NUFC. Good deal for FMA.

That depends on how you calculate the expenses. If we include agent fees, salaries during the contract period and sign on fees, we've used all the money. And a very, very important factor is that we used some of those money to tie down Tiote for 6,5 years.

You're not under any illusions why that was done, surely?

Only so we can extract the maximum fee when we sell him in 6 months.

Would I take Carroll back? Unlikely tbh, I still feel betrayed by him leaving like. I don't for one second believe that he was forced out (whatever Steve Wraith says is a load of b*llocks imo). Like Cajun said, both Carroll and the board are to blame for his departure so for him to come back (within the next couple of years) is kinda taking the p*ss.

It's a choice of who you believe, the board or Andy Carroll, only one version of events is true.

So it can be true that he was forced to leave and that he wasn't. Get a grip

It's never been as clear cut as that.

It can be true that he was requested to leave, and also true that he didn't put up much of a fight.

Guest Rainforest

Another thing to consider is the effect selling all our players has on revenue. When that plummets - which it will and which it does - due to the course the board is taking - the wage percentage goes up proportionally, creating an endless downwards spiral where wages ALWAYS seem to be the problem. Tottenham had this problem in the 90s, when they were hovering around midtable turning a tiny profit. At the same time we had 20k+ in waiting line for season tickets. Now its the other way around, with white hart lane being packed and 20k+ in queue for a season ticket, whereas we will shortly experience PL-games where the stadium is 2/3s full. Howay for cheapskate management and "reasonable policies".

The hearing declared that the club had admitted to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United', while the evidence given by owner Mike Ashley and his fellow executives over the course of the two-week hearing was described at one point in the verdict as 'profoundly unsatisfactory'.

How any one can believe the board is beyond me.

http://nufc-ashlies.blogspot.com/

Regarding those two quotes you have again repeated in this thread without context. The first is not even a quote from the tribunal, but from Keegan. The second relates only to the clubs claims that the reason it put out conflicting statements in public regarding him having the final say on trasfers was so as to not undermine him. I don't think the tribunal ever got to the bottom of their actual reasoning, in the end simply concluding that the explanation itself was 'profoundly unsatisfactory'.

No reason to exaggerate or misrepresent the findings, when the findings themselves are damning enough. :thup:

The hearing declared that the club had admitted to 'repeatedly and intentionally misleading the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United', while the evidence given by owner Mike Ashley and his fellow executives over the course of the two-week hearing was described at one point in the verdict as 'profoundly unsatisfactory'.

Carroll is hardly blameless in his departure. Remember that he signed a new contract a few months prior to him leaving. From what I gather, his new contract was hardly the minimum wage and was very reasonable, it seems to me that Carroll's head was swung by the money on offer at Liverpool.

The board of course aren't blameless either. They sold a player who would have been the core of the team in the future (building a team around him and all that) and was also a potential Newcastle legend in the making.

Carroll is hardly blameless in his departure. Remember that he signed a new contract a few months prior to him leaving. From what I gather, his new contract was hardly the minimum wage and was very reasonable, it seems to me that Carroll's head was swung by the money on offer at Liverpool.

The board of course aren't blameless either. They sold a player who would have been the core of the team in the future (building a team around him and all that) and was also a potential Newcastle legend in the making.

Both parties were satisfied, end of.

Hopefully, he wont do that well at Pool and we can get him back at less than what we paid.  Wages likely to be a problem however.

Hopefully, he wont do that well at Pool and we can get him back at less than what we paid.  Wages likely to be a problem however.

Indeed.

Regarding your second paragraph, hf he ever does come back, hope he has a nice long apology prepared.

Indeed.

Regarding your second paragraph, hf he ever does come back, hope he has a nice long apology prepared.

I remember Beardsley waving to the Kop and was mad at the time when he left. All was forgiven when he came back though.

Boy, what a player.

HawK is such a tard :lol:

*links to quote from local player saying he didn't want to leave the place he is going to constantly come back to*

There is no way Andy 'breaks own team mates jaw, hits lass, glasses bloke in club, seen laughing the day after his car is burnt out on team mates drive same day team mate looks devastated' Carroll was forced to do anything.

Now to spell this out again because you obviously can't read..

THE BOARD SPUNKED THEIR PANTS AS SOON AS THE OFFER CAME IN AND MIKE ASHLEY WAS PROBABLY SEEN RUNNING TO THE CHOPPER FASTER THAN USAIN BOLT.

It still doesn't mean Carroll didn't want to go. He clearly did.

Yours,

Mike.

Hawk, you're living in a fantasy land.

Why is it impossible for both the board and Carroll to deserve criticism? Stupid binary thinking is stupid.

Nothing wrong with what Gejon is saying.

*links to quote from local player saying he didn't want to leave the place he is going to constantly come back to*

There is no way Andy 'breaks own team mates jaw, hits lass, glasses bloke in club, seen laughing the day after his car is burnt out on team mates drive same day team mate looks devastated' Carroll was forced to do anything.

THE BOARD SPUNKED THEIR PANTS AS SOON AS THE OFFER CAME IN AND MIKE ASHLEY WAS PROBABLY SEEN RUNNING TO THE CHOPPER FASTER THAN USAIN BOLT.

Yours,

Mike.

Other than the abuse you're directing to me, you still won't answer me on his direct quotes. Of course the board was happy to get a big offer, that is obviously not in dispute and quite why you feel the need to shout this out I don't know? I won't be lead down your garden path of childish behavior.

Carroll has 'clearly' said on more than one occasion that he was forced out.

Yours,

Mike.

Other than the abuse you're directing to me, you still won't answer me on his direct quotes. Of course the board was happy to get a big offer, that is obviously not in dispute and quite why you feel the need to shout this out I don't know? I won't be lead down your garden path of childish behavior.

Carroll has 'clearly' said on more than one occasion that he was forced out.

Yes, "forced to write a transfer request."

http://fourfourtwo.com/interviews/webexclusives/387/article.aspx

Sounds like he was forced out in that article like...

Sometimes I will sit with my girlfriend and think, “I can’t believe I was at Newcastle last year, and now I am here with all this going on around me. But I’m taking it in my stride – that’s the most important thing.

AYE