West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Or somebody like Ben Arfa pulling the strings.

Apparently HBA and Carroll were getting on really well in training. Playing together and linking up etc... Very frustrating to think of what could be.

Wouldn't blame him if he wanted to jump ship. He's been going it alone upfront for the past three games. Countless times, I've seen him hold his hands in the air after losing the ball in a 'Well where the f*** is everyone?' motion.

Imagine a bellamy type player next to him, would suit him perfectly imo.

:sadnod:

We agree again on something :lol:

No wonder he went and got himself banned.

Everyone's for sale at the right price.

We only have 3 sell able assets, Krul, Enrique and Carroll.

But you are right

It applies to every player at every club unfortunately. If City threw £20m at Ashley for Carroll he'd take it in a heartbeat.

Guest neesy111

How fucked we would be if we sold AC9 isn't actually worth putting into words

Very.  It's got Ashley and Hughton out of jail a little for not signing a striker which I think most toon fans said was needed.

Guest neesy111

But you are right

It applies to every player at every club unfortunately. If City threw £20m at Ashley for Carroll he'd take it in a heartbeat.

Considering the pitiful amount we received for Given, he would accept that.

But you are right

if any club offered anywhere near that carroll would be off. would be the clearest possible sign that, by accepting the first fee that comes along for him, we're unambitious, and reason enough for him to leave.

what we need to do is take a good look at the kind of strike partner he needs and go out and try to sign him in january, that way signalling that we're building a side around him.

Guest Ridzuan

I doubt he will want to leave the club unless he is forced to do so. But if the offer lets say is around 30M, maybe we should consider. But i still think his future is with us though!

But you are right

What about the ridiculous amount he managed to receive for Dyer? And Milner?

Plus what the fuck does 'We only have 3 sell able assets, Krul, Enrique and Carroll.' mean?

But you are right

if any club offered anywhere near that carroll would be off. would be the clearest possible sign that, by accepting the first fee that comes along for him, we're unambitious, and reason enough for him to leave.

what we need to do is take a good look at the kind of strike partner he needs and go out and try to sign him in january, that way signalling that we're building a side around him.

:lol:

That reasoning is so circular it makes me dizzy.

But you are right

I love the way that transfer is always trotted out as the example of how we do business when selling players, despite it being the exception rather than the rule.

Seems to me that the rest of the world has already convicted Andy Carroll of being a violent, woman-beating bastard - trial by media had been completed, sentence will be his eternal damnation in the tabloids. Some absolute tosh being spouted on "Sunday Supplement" on SS1 (yeah, I know, I know!) about the "moral issues" involved in selecting Andy Carroll for England.