West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

Seems to me that the rest of the world has already convicted Andy Carroll of being a violent, woman-beating bastard - trial by media had been completed, sentence will be his eternal damnation in the tabloids. Some absolute tosh being spouted on "Sunday Supplement" on SS1 (yeah, I know, I know!) about the "moral issues" involved in selecting Andy Carroll for England.

Did they discuss anything about Jack Wilkshire and his moral issues ??? I'm expecting not.

Seems to me that the rest of the world has already convicted Andy Carroll of being a violent, woman-beating bastard - trial by media had been completed, sentence will be his eternal damnation in the tabloids. Some absolute tosh being spouted on "Sunday Supplement" on SS1 (yeah, I know, I know!) about the "moral issues" involved in selecting Andy Carroll for England.

Did they discuss anything about Jack Wilkshire and his moral issues ??? I'm expecting not.

Course not! :lol:

London press wankas, innit. :hmm:

Rooney-Carroll Fab for Capello

England boss believes duo will be good pairing up front

England boss Fabio Capello cannot wait to pair Andy Carroll and Wayne Rooney up front for the Three Lions.

Newcastle talisman Carroll proved a handful for France when he made his England debut in Wednesday's 2-1 Wembley defeat to Les Bleus.

Rooney was absent for the friendly but made his Manchester United comeback from injury against Wigan on Saturday and Capello is looking forward to seeing the pair play together.

He said: "They will be a good combination.

"Not only is Carroll really good in the air, he has good movement, he can bring other players into the game when he receives the ball, he can dribble and is always looking for the goal.

"When I saw him playing for Newcastle against Arsenal (in which he scored the winner) he surprised me and this week he confirmed what I saw."

More careful

Carroll's private life has hit the headlines in recent weeks and Capello has advised the 21-year-old he needs to be more careful in future.

"I spoke with him and told him what he does is really important because the press, the TV and the photographers will be focusing on him and his behaviour," said the England boss.

"He has to be careful at every moment, when you drink, the friends you choose because he is in the mind, my mind, journalists' minds and supporters' minds."

As for Rooney, Capello believes the ace must now start playing regularly for United to get back to his best.

He added: "Everyone knows that when Rooney is fit and in good form, he is one of the best players in the world.

"He makes a difference.

"Look at France. Without Karim Benzema they are another team.

"Some players are too important.

100 per cent

"But we all know Rooney needs to be fit. When you play at his level you have to be fitter than you would normally. At 100 per cent.

"That is why it is so important for him to play games with United."

Capello also defended the choice of France as opponents, believing his side must play tough games - even in friendlies - to improve.

"When we play at Wembley, if we start well, the confidence is high and everything is easy," said Capello.

"When you start so-so, then the pressure increases and you play without confidence.

"For this reason it's very important that the young players play these games and not in easy games.

"It is our choice. If we want to win we can play against easy sides. If we want to improve we have to play against good ones."

Going back to the selling issue, I can't see a young player who has just broken into the National team, playing first team football for his home club and bang in form wanting to move. It doesn't seem like there's any possible reason for him as a player just yet. Perhaps in a few years when he's looking to advance/get silverware sure, but it doesn't make any sense for him now.

It's a positive that he will have two managers reminding him of what he has to lose (awaits comment about Hughton being too soft frightened to have spoken to him etc...)

Getting boring now

Go somewhere else then. :thup:

Rather stay as there are some good posters.

It's a positive that he will have two managers reminding him of what he has to lose (awaits comment about Hughton being too soft frightened to have spoken to him etc...)

Getting boring now

Go somewhere else then. :thup:

Rather stay as there are some good posters.

Quit moaning then. Because for a start I was only joking, & Jon did ask for it. :thup: