West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is it me who's suddenly noticed that Gutierrez has turned into a miserable b******? He never celebrates when we score, he walks straight off the pitch when we win and in general rarely seems to smile anymore :lol: What's up Jonas?

It pretty much hurt the moment you realize you will never be better then you currently are, no progression what so ever.

He is a good player, but will never be top draw, which might be something he wants/wanted.

This is of course the reason why he isnt smiling.

Just said on Sky Sports he wants to spend the rest of his career here like Big Al. :smitten:

was just thinking about this yesterday. they way i see it he'd be well within his rights to ask for a pay rise at the end of the season unless his form drops drastically.

Just said on Sky Sports he wants to spend the rest of his career here like Big Al. :smitten:

was just thinking about this yesterday. they way i see it he'd be well within his rights to ask for a pay rise at the end of the season unless his form drops drastically.

Would have thought he got that in the contract he just signed?

Exactly.

aye mate. but if he keeps going the way he has been he's significantly more important to us than he was at the start of the season, top scorer, england striker, essential to the way we play, only getting better etc etc. i'm a firm believer in players getting paid what they're worth and i'd hate to see us try and rely on the fact that he's just signed a new deal to not give him what he deserves, coz he'll just fuck off.

Was an interview with him in one of the papers this morning (Mirror or Star I think), he is a confident lad but didn't come across arrogant. Very self assured which is exactly what you need to be in his position.

aye mate. but if he keeps going the way he has been he's significantly more important to us than he was at the start of the season, top scorer, england striker, essential to the way we play, only getting better etc etc. i'm a firm believer in players getting paid what they're worth and i'd hate to see us try and rely on the fact that he's just signed a new deal to not give him what he deserves, coz he'll just f*** off.

Ar aye definitely, bet there'll be clause in his contract with pay increases, goal bonuses, etc. included mind.