West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well, luckily, the only clubs that will offer 30m+ and extremely lucrative wages for Carroll are Man City and Real Madrid, and the latter one does not prefer a player that have had legal issues.

And if Carroll is stupid enough to go to Man City, let it go then.

Andy Carroll is consistently one of our best players on the pitch.

and it seems to me that he improves with every game.

it is a worry that he will leave as I get the feeling that any of our players are up for sale if the money is right, when it comes to ashley.

if somebody come in for carroll with a high enough bid, i'll bet ashley would accept it without even consulting pardew

Andy Carroll is consistently one of our best players on the pitch.

and it seems to me that he improves with every game.

it is a worry that he will leave as I get the feeling that any of our players are up for sale if the money is right, when it comes to ashley.

if somebody come in for carroll with a high enough bid, i'll bet ashley would accept it without even consulting pardew

This may not be popular opinion but I'd take 30M PROVIDED ALL the money is reinvested in strengthening the team in several key positions. For that amount we could get a new striker, play maker, right back and winger.

Guest Loven11

I'd rather keep Carroll than sell him and get another striker.

Play maker....sign Ben Arfa hopefully and Simpson has done good this season imo.

I don't rate Perch or R.Taylor for back-up but as long as that's all they are i suppose and can't see us selling one of them anyway.

Guest Loven11

I'm not sure that Ashley would give us all that £30 million anyway to strengthen the team.

Plus Carroll's only gonna get better and we should try our best to hold on to him.

I'm not sure that Ashley would give us all that £30 million anyway to strengthen the team.

Plus Carroll's only gonna get better and we should try our best to hold on to him.

Agree with this, if you were take our current squad 3 years down the line, I reckon

Krul

Enrique

Coloccini

Ben Arfa

Barton

Tiote

Carroll

is top 6 material. I don't think we'll have many problems with relegation in those years, so even if we slowly fill in the gaps over the next few years, I think we'll have a team that top players will want to come to, and to stay at.

Agree with this, if you were take our current squad 3 years down the line, I reckon

Krul

Enrique

Coloccini

Ben Arfa

Barton

Tiote

Carroll

is top 6 material. I don't think we'll have many problems with relegation in those years, so even if we slowly fill in the gaps over the next few years, I think we'll have a team that top players will want to come to, and to stay at.

Of course if we don't get back the 30M, then selling Carroll is a no go...just saying that all players have a price and we should consider selling if it means that overall the team can be strengthened.

I disagree because I'm not convinced we'll get anyone better than him, but I am confident we can slowly fill those gaps in over the next couple of seasons.

Why can't we get a better striker than Carroll?  :icon_scratch:

Read that back to yourself and then say, "aaaaah right".

No seriously, do you mean that 30M won't be enough to get a better striker or that a better striker won't come to us?

Guest Geordiesned

You should never sell your best players on the assumption that any money coming in will help us stenghten overall. Recent history has taught us this simply doesn't work.

Both.

You are probably right on the second account because we are seen as a below average Premiership club who just got promoted, but there are quite a few better strikers (non English) that would be valued at below 30M. Carrol is good and has age on his side but by no means is he a world class striker, let alone a finished product.

He's 21 ffs. He isn't going to be near his prime for another 5 years. If you think he's worth 30Million now how much will he be worth in 5 years if he keeps improving?

It would be madness to sell him even this summer. The very earliest i would sell him would be 2012. Man i want to keep him so bad :/

Krul

Enrique

Coloccini

Ben Arfa

Barton

Tiote

Carroll

That's what we really have to do. If Ashley really wants to be a success here/sell the club for a lot of money. He has to realise that by selling our best player we're never going to get better. If he can slowly improve the team we might actually do well, which means he can sell, if thats what he wants to do.

Both.

You are probably right on the second account because we are seen as a below average Premiership club who just got promoted, but there are quite a few better strikers (non English) that would be valued at below 30M. Carrol is good and has age on his side but by no means is he a world class striker, let alone a finished product.

Disagree. This season, Carroll has been a world class striker. He's got 11 goals and 3 assists (and IIRC, that's not counting Sholas second in the derby and Bartons vs Liverpool) in 18 games in the league so far, and on top of that, he's winning pretty much everything in the air and I'd say that no defender that we've faced so far has been able to cope with him.

Both.

Disagree. This season, Carroll has been a world class striker. He's got 11 goals and 3 assists (and IIRC, that's not counting Sholas second in the derby and Bartons vs Liverpool) in 18 games in the league so far, and on top of that, he's winning pretty much everything in the air and I'd say that no defender that we've faced so far has been able to cope with him.

Officially 6.

PFA Young Player of the Year?

The award is supposed to be biased towards the first half of the season isn't it? Bale is fantastic but has been hot and cold, Walcott hasn't been his best. Anyone I haven't considered?

The award is supposed to be biased towards the first half of the season isn't it? Bale is fantastic but has been hot and cold, Walcott hasn't been his best. Anyone I haven't considered?

Wilshere and Nasri.

Both.

Officially 6.

Right, I was looking at the ESPN stats. Although they also claim that he's got 39 on his back, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised it wasn't accurate :laugh:

Wilshere and Nasri.

Still don't offer the consistency of Carroll though.

Both.

Officially 6.

So he has gone one game without direct involvement in a goal? Get what we can for him tbh.

Just to qualify what I was saying last night about Carroll going to anyone who comes in with a big bid.

I don't want the club to sell him and if the club was being run by different people then selling him wouldn't be an option, he'd be the one to build the team around. However we all know who's calling the shots and I honestly believe that he'll be sold sooner rather than later to the highest bidder. And there isn't a damn thing we can do about it. Newcastle is Ashley's plaything and he's proved numerous times that he doesn't give a fuck about the uproar his barmy decisions cause. I'm expecting him to be hawked around Europe's top clubs and he'll go this summer.