West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

No idea why anyone would think selling AC for 25m is good business for us when we all know where the cash will go. As for the Aguero comparison, Aguero hasn't done it in the Premier League, and it's a massive "if" that he would make the transition (Shevchenko springs to mind).

The difference being Shevchenko was a lot older than Aguero, plus the fact his legs had already started to go by the time Chelsea bought him.

We have rejected the bid according to SSN. We have descibed the bid as poultry or something.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/hs844.snc4/71097_170098936350252_6512222_n.jpg

;D I thought that when I typed it, but no idea how its spelt.

Message to Arry/Levy: Carroll not for sale. AC not for sale. Geordie striker not for sale. Andrew Thomas Carroll not for sale. The Big AC not for sale. The Bensham Basher not for sale. Thug striker not for sale. Andy not for sale. England striker not for sale. Big striker not for sale. Gateshead lad not for sale. Newcastle number 9 not for sale. Target man not for sale. Geordie nine not for sale. Big Andy not for sale. Spurs target not for sale. Lanky striker not for sale. Geordie boy not for sale. Number 9 not for sale.

Message to Arry/Levy: Carroll not for sale. AC not for sale. Geordie striker not for sale. Andrew Thomas Carroll not for sale. The Big AC not for sale. The Bensham Basher not for sale. Thug striker not for sale. Andy not for sale. Jose Enrique not for sale. England striker not for sale. Big striker not for sale. Gateshead lad not for sale. Newcastle number 9 not for sale. Target man not for sale. Geordie nine not for sale. Big Andy not for sale. Spurs target not for sale. Lanky striker not for sale. Geordie boy not for sale. Number 9 not for sale.

FYP

For one thing, I don't think he'd pass a medical at the moment!

I don't believe NUFC will sell (if this offer is even true).

If we sold him for £25m and had all that money to buy a replacement who could we get? Carroll loves Newcastle. Persuading another striker of quality to come to Newcastle wouldn't be easy. We aren't in Europe, we have just been promoted, we aren't guaranteed to stay up (but I think we will), the club won't pay crazy wages any more, etc.

Tin hat firmly on and I still don't forgive him for shitting on this club and others that care about it much more than he ever will, but if these bids for Carroll are genuine (and it certainly seems that they are) then Ashley deserves a lot of a credit in isolation for resisting them. Say what you like about whether it would go back into the team or not, £25m remains a huge amount of money. Especially considering the way the club is run these days.

Guest Geordiesned

Dan Gosling did and he was held together by double sided sticky tape at the time.

Tin hat firmly on and I still don't forgive him for shitting on this club and others that care about it much more than he ever will, but if these bids for Carroll are genuine (and it certainly seems that they are) then Ashley deserves a lot of a credit in isolation for resisting them. Say what you like about whether it would go back into the team or not, £25m remains a huge amount of money. Especially considering the way the club is run these days.

Agree.

Dan Gosling did and he was held together by double sided sticky tape at the time.

That was because he was free. His insurance is probably very low, so when he fully recovers we'd have to get him reinsured.

Guest Stephen927

£25m is a lot of money but it doesn't seem like enough. We could spend all that money on a replacement but to guarantee goals you need to look at the top band of strikers, most will cost more than double £25m and won't want to come to this club.

I'm resigned to the thought that Carroll won't be here his whole career, it's a more ideal situation though to look at a deal in the summer windows. We could sell AC now, spend the money in the summer, but then we're putting half a seasons work in jeopardy. Money in the bank won't keep a club in the Premiership.

Spurs probably know this, and to leave it this late in the window to make a bid shows a lack of respect for Newcastle United.

Spurs and Harry Redknapp are one of those clubs that have no respect. At the end of the day Harry wants him, and he will try every fucking dirty trick in the book.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harry sent around a load of goons to threaten to break his legs, if he decides to to join Spurs then they won't break his legs, if he doesn't then no one can have him.

I remember when Barton texted Jim White to say he wasn't going anywhere.

Would be great if our whole squad phoned up SSN one by one throughout the day to announce that they are staying.

I remember both Shepard and Ashley being on SSN telling us to stay tuned because we were going to be surprised, both times we got fuck all.

f***ing hell I hate Redknapp. The biggest, saggyest and ugliest wheeler dealer in the world of fotball. Carroll is simply not for sale.

Agree with Mowens words:

I don't think he's worth £25m based on how good he is, I definitely wouldn't take it though. Why should we? He's the most exciting player to come through our youth system for god knows how long, he's great fun to watch and genuinely cares about the club. We could (and have in the past) easily piss away that amount of money, it just isn't worth it. I'm sure at some point in the future he might not be valued as highly but f*** it, we're fans, why would we want money in the club above players who get you off your seat?

Fuck Off. He's not a wheeler dealer, he's a fuckin Football Manager.

I think £23 / £25 million for a player who has had a very good first half of the season in the upper echelons of English football is a good fee but not one he should be sold for. If he progresses in the next half of the season at the same rate he has already does that mean by the end of the season Barcelona will be begging us to swap him for Messi and Xavi ??