West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torres on way to finalise Chelsea move.

Uh oh.

Would be interesting/worrying to see how desperate Liverpool would get if Torres left, and we kept rejecting their bids.

Well there's the flaw in that plan :lol:

Ashley is the kind that can smell desperation a mile off.  If Liverpool have just received £50m for Torres and there's only hours left I can seem him rejecting further bids from them and trying to milk them dry right up to the last hour.  IF we sell.

Guest neesy111

cant wait for this press conference. hurry up.

what press conference ? i've just got in.

3:30 press conference at St James'.  Expecting Ireland signing and Barton contract announcements.

Ashley won't sell him today, he'll be sold in the summer when the £35m+ bids flow in.

It's probably a whoosh, but if you're serious then £35m is only going about cos it's last day of transfers.  No way is Carroll worth £35m. 

Wasn't David Villa a lot less?

He was, but apparently Carroll is worth more than the world's best striker, despite being unproven at Premier League level, because he's "local".

That's the point though, he pretty much is proven at the premier league level, whereas all the big names from abroad aren't necessarily going to adapt or like playing in it. Yes Carroll's only had half a season but any premier manager knows he is pretty much unstoppable whether he scores 10 goals in a season or 20. He causes havoc and that is priceless.

Sorry man, that's bollocks. "Proven in the premiership" means someone like Drogba or Torres or Shearer who has scored consistently over many seasons. Carroll has scored 11 goals across half a season, that's makes him a striker on hot form, but far from a proven premiership striker. As for being unstoppable, that's only true for headers especially from set pieces, besides those attributes his overall game is still average. Are you seriously saying that you'd prefer Carroll to David Villa on the account that we don't know whether Villa can adapt in the Premiership? Are you serious?

The only reason we should not sell is because now it is too late to get a good replacement, otherwise anything above $30M is a fucking good deal.

Guest johnson293

Uh oh.

Would be interesting/worrying to see how desperate Liverpool would get if Torres left, and we kept rejecting their bids.

I don't think it is actually, Ashley is the kind that can smell desperation a mile off.  If Liverpool have just recieved £50m for Torres and there's only hours left I can seem him trying to milk them dry right up to the last hour.  IF we sell..

^ yep, thats what I meant.

Torres gone for almost £50m, Liverpool keep raising their bid, and we keep refusing (£32m... £35m... £37m) how far would they go to not have to play N'Gog up front for the rest fo the season?

David Craig saying Torres going to Chelsea raises the stakes. Newcastle expecting a call from Liverpool this afternoon. Carroll is an integral part of what Newcastle are trying to build here but money talks basically

David Craig saying Torres going to Chelsea raises the stakes. Newcastle expecting a call from Liverpool this afternoon. Carroll is an integral part of what Newcastle are trying to build here but money talks basically

Nowt new then.

Don't think £35m would be a bad deal - don't think we'll get much more in the summer either.

Just don't want to sell him.

That I can respect, at least you're being honest that the reason you don't want him sold is because of emotional attachment, not some bullshit that Carroll is a proven premiership striker that should command more than players twice as good as him.

Uh oh.

I don't think it is actually, Ashley is the kind that can smell desperation a mile off.  If Liverpool have just recieved £50m for Torres and there's only hours left I can seem him trying to milk them dry right up to the last hour.  IF we sell..

^ yep, thats what I meant.

Torres gone for almost £50m, Liverpool keep raising their bid, and we keep refusing (£32m... £35m... £37m) how far would they go to not have to play N'Gog up front for the rest fo the season?

for Torres to be allowed to go. Liverpool must be pretty convinced they will get a bid accepted. they must have heard something.

Even if we do sell him for 35 million, how fucking dumb is it do it on the last day of the January transfer where we have no chance of getting a replacement in. Without Carroll i would say we have one of, if not the worst, striker department in the league.