West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

We rejected an offer to get a price. It's called negotiating. When we got our price, we were willing to sell him, but Ashley didn't want to alienate the fans, which he would have done for the umpteenth time. So he told Carroll to stick a transfer request in, and now he can say 'look, I rejected a bid and he handed a transfer request in so I just made sure Liverpool paid good money for him'. It's PR, man. You're daft if you think this stuff doesn't happen regularly.

Why would Carroll, as a Newcastle fan and a Geordie himself, ever agree to that though?

Exactly. I wouldn't, you wouldn't. He wouldn't.

The fact we've rejected an offer and then accepted after the request suggests to me he wanted to go, absolute knob.

We rejected an offer to get a price. It's called negotiating. When we got our price, we were willing to sell him, but Ashley didn't want to alienate the fans, which he would have done for the umpteenth time. So he told Carroll to stick a transfer request in, and now he can say 'look, I rejected a bid and he handed a transfer request in so I just made sure Liverpool paid good money for him'. It's PR, man. You're daft if you think this stuff doesn't happen regularly.

Why would Carroll, as a Newcastle fan and a Geordie himself, ever agree to that though?

£££

It doesn't make him a bad person and it doesn't mean he wanted to leave the club. Like I said, when the club tacitly accepted the bid, it was like saying 'we'll be better off without you'. Carroll's obviously not going to cry and say he wants to stay, man. He's a confident, young striker who feels like he's king of the world. He's going to say 'fuck you Ashley, I'm off'. He might not even feel like he's deserting the club, but just saying fuck you to the owners. How can you see things as so black and white? It's not 'player wants to stay, player stays'. Things happen. Money talks.

We rejected an offer to get a better price. It's called negotiating. When we got our price, we were willing to sell him, but Ashley didn't want to alienate the fans, which he would have done for the umpteenth time. So he told Carroll to stick a transfer request in, and now he can say 'look, I rejected a bid and he handed a transfer request in so I just made sure Liverpool paid good money for him'. It's PR, man. You're daft if you think this stuff doesn't happen regularly.

And you're daft if you think Carroll would roll over and accept it. "Oh yeah, of course I'll make myself look like a dick Mike. See ya."

£3.5m lump sum +

Treble his ages +

Massive profile/exposure +

Agent Pressure.

= Morals out of the window

Of course, he's a greedy fecker. No loyalty.

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

NUFC is a joke, and i think no one can be surprised that FAT MIKE accepted the offer. We are talking about Joke United.

Guest Tall Striker

http://liverpool.footballblog.co.uk/files/2010/07/andy_carroll_1383194c.jpg

:tiote:

http://www.nufc.co.uk/javaImages/ab/ba/0,,10278~9353899,00.jpg

utterly fucking pointless getting him to sign that 5 year deal in October if we always had the intention to sell.

Not really...looks like it contributed to his record-breaking transfer price. :dontknow: