West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

i'm sure some people are just taking the piss in here now. Carroll wanted to go. deal with it. he ain't a geordie hero. he is like every other footballer. Gone to triple his wages. fuck him

Ashley doesn't give a f*** about us man. Look at the treatment of Keegan, Hughton, etc. If he wanted to sell Carroll he'd have just sold him. I'm sure a few hundred people calling him nasty names outside St James' on Saturday again won't have too much affect on him.

It'd happen with or without Carroll anyway :lol:

Guest thenorthumbrian

United will achieve nothing while the FCB owns the club.

A properly run club with ambition would have made it clear to all the best young players that the club would build the team around them.

With Carroll gone the likes of Tiotti, Enrique, Ben Arfur etcwill be looking over their shoulders.

We are getting rid of our best striker and keeping players who aren't as good.

We might buy a new player before the window but lets see what kind of quality he represents.

To think it wasn't that long ago Newcastle were signing Shearer for a big fee.

We have now reverted back to the days when we sold the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gasgoine.

Why did Newcastle accept the offer ? And why did Andy Carroll acccept to join Liverpool which will probably finish lower in the league than Newcastle ?

I thought he loved your club and was a "geordie" . Maybe i was wrong ... Money seems to be stronger than the "love of the shirt" (sorry i don't know how to translate it correctly).

Very apt putting the word geordie in quotes.

955: I was speaking to a football agent last week, and he told me that if clubs wanted to wrap up deals in time to beat the 2300 GMT deadline for transfers, they really needed to have the player undergoing a medical by 2000 GMT so as to get the assessment done and dusted in time to get the required forms off to the Premier League. Consider this your five minute warning people.

The FA do anything they want, man.

Arshavin

Guest neesy111

i'm sure some people are just taking the piss in here now. Carroll wanted to go. deal with it. he ain't a geordie hero. he is like every other footballer. Gone to triple his wages. fuck him

Exactly.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why did Newcastle accept the offer ? And why did Andy Carroll acccept to join Liverpool which will probably finish lower in the league than Newcastle ?

I thought he loved your club and was a "geordie" . Maybe i was wrong ... Money seems to be stronger than the "love of the shirt" (sorry i don't know how to translate it correctly).

Exactly.

From the Guardian

8.15pm: Andrew Lane has this tittle tattle: "Just a rumour on some NUFC chat, £17m for Bendtner. Heard anything? £17m is way too much for him!!" You're the first Andrew. Thanks. Keep you posted.

I'm sure it's balls, but it's a hideous thought.

If Carroll wasn't a Geordie and was at a different club how many people would be saying that this was a bad deal for the selling club? My guess is none.

I was looking at other clubs forums earlier and everyone of them were calling us mad for rejecting the initial £30m bid.

Yeah, let's see what their opinion of Carroll's replacement is.

i'm sure some people are just taking the piss in here now. Carroll wanted to go. deal with it. he ain't a geordie hero. he is like every other footballer. Gone to triple his wages. f*** him

Sadly, that seems the case. He was tapped up. Still, Ashley could've rejected the bid..

If Carroll wasn't a Geordie and was at a different club how many people would be saying that this was a bad deal for the selling club? My guess is none.

I was looking at other clubs forums earlier and everyone of them were calling us mad for rejecting the initial £30m bid.

Other fans know f*** all about our situation and are stupid enough to believe we'll a) See the full 35million re-invested b) Pardew will chose the replacement wisely. I respect the opinion of other NUFC fans on our club 99 times out of 100 over some other fans.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, we had a great player who would only get better, now we are stuck probably looking at inferior overpaid has beens or never was's. Selling only makes sense if you have a plan B and we don't have the peopel at the club to have a clue how to formulate one.

I love the way people don't believe anything the papers/journos say, even though on an awful lot of occasions since Ashley took over they've been correct with stories we all thought bollocks, but believe everything "official", from a club that have been proven to be liars.

You mean the same journo's who said before the transfer "We've heard Carroll wants to leave".  Now they're saying "He didn't want to leave" but we're supposed to believe these paragons of virtue?

We don't need to believe one side or the other, just make up our own minds.  Unless you're a fantasist its pretty easy to see what's happened here.  We didn't want to sell (of course we'd always be willing to sell at a certain price, everything's for sale), but Carroll got itchy feet and asked to leave.  At which point we accepted the already excellent deal on the table.  No point in rejecting what is a fantastic offer if the players wants to go.  Why we have to bring in Area 51 levels of insane conspiracy into what's a fairly clear situation is beyond me.

United will achieve nothing while the FCB owns the club.

A properly run club with ambition would have made it clear to all the best young players that the club would build the team around them.

With Carroll gone the likes of Tiotti, Enrique, Ben Arfur etcwill be looking over their shoulders.

We are getting rid of our best striker and keeping players who aren't as good.

We might buy a new player before the window but lets see what kind of quality he represents.

To think it wasn't that long ago Newcastle were signing Shearer for a big fee.

We have now reverted back to the days when we sold the likes of Waddle, Beardsley and Gasgoine.

..but he's put a transfer request in. He doesn't want to be here now.

Can anyone tell me how many goals he's created on his own and how many goals Barton floated onto his head this season?

From the Guardian

8.15pm: Andrew Lane has this tittle tattle: "Just a rumour on some NUFC chat, £17m for Bendtner. Heard anything? £17m is way too much for him!!" You're the first Andrew. Thanks. Keep you posted.

I'm sure it's balls, but it's a hideous thought.

Hahahahahahahaha. This is getting worse for every minute.