West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That said, my guess is that Ashley was willing to do that if Carroll wanted to stay.

He put the decision in Carroll's hands, and Carroll told us all to fuck off and followed the money. Hope the cunt turns out to be the next Michael Ricketts, mercenary wanker.

what do you base any of that on dude?

Don't really see why Carroll would put in a transfer request otherwise.

If that turns out to be a lie and he never requested a transfer then I'll change my view obviously, but I doubt even Ashley and Llmabias are stupid enough to lie about that.

That said, my guess is that Ashley was willing to do that if Carroll wanted to stay.

He put the decision in Carroll's hands, and Carroll told us all to fuck off and followed the money. Hope the cunt turns out to be the next Michael Ricketts, mercenary wanker.

If that turns out to be a lie and he never requested a transfer then I'll change my view obviously, but I doubt even Ashley and Llmabias are stupid enough to lie about that.

more than meets the eye to this imo, with the limited info available to me right now and all of the history of ashley & llamblias at the club it beggars belief that anyone would think Carroll forced this unilaterally while Mike & Derek sat there knocking back 35m and saying "naw Aaaaandy dawn't doooo it, daaawn't go, we're ganna bild da clab arawd ya san"

they're behind it somehow

Can't direct my anger at anyone other than Carroll over this tbh.

35m for a player who has had 6 months of good top flight football and has had numerous run ins with the law and is known for generally being a bit of a loose cannon is a very difficult deal to turn down.

He put the decision in Carroll's hands, and Carroll told us all to f*** off and followed the money. Hope the c*** turns out to be the next Michael Ricketts, mercenary w*****.

I don't understand why you have to be angry at anyone. Ashley did what you would expect any club owner to do. Carroll did what you would expect any footballer to do. If anything, my anger lies with Torres/Liverpool/Chelsea for distorting the situation to a ridiculous degree. Even then, I can't be angry with the success of others. Mostly, just disappointed with the situation and how quickly this chapter of NUFC's history has unfolded. As always, I am looking forward.

If we'd offered him improved wages he'd likely have stayed. Theres a big difference in 20/30k a week and 80k. One club is obviously valuing you far more than the other.

I doubt Ashley made any attempt to negotiate with Carroll to keep him, i think he should have. Man Utd kept Rooney in similar circumstances just recently. It would have shown ambition.

If Tottenham were offered 35m for VDV at the end of the window instead im not sure theyd accept, maybe they would. Some players are just better than your clubs current position, Carroll was that for us imo.

it beggars belief that anyone would think Carroll forced this unilaterally while Mike & Derek sat there knocking back 35m and saying "naw Aaaaandy dawn't doooo it, daaawn't go, we're ganna bild da clab arawd ya san"

Youd be suprised how many were sold on that going off of yesterday. Many are convinced that we were batting away bids endlessly & the whole not coming out with a statement like "we're not selling carroll today regardless" was a coincidence. David craig even said bollocks like "Mike Ashley is trying very hard to resist", what does that even mean realistically? It means offer more and hes yours.

it beggars belief that anyone would think Carroll forced this unilaterally while Mike & Derek sat there knocking back 35m and saying "naw Aaaaandy dawn't doooo it, daaawn't go, we're ganna bild da clab arawd ya san"

Youd be suprised how many were sold on that going off of yesterday. Many are convinced that we were batting away bids endlessly & the whole not coming out with a statement like "we're not selling carroll today regardless" was a coincidence. David craig even said bollocks like "Mike Ashley is trying very hard to resist", what does that even mean realistically? It means offer more and hes yours.

yeah i was reading some of the shite last night, fucking pitiful some of it

more than meets the eye to this imo, with the limited info available to me right now and all of the history of ashley & llamblias at the club it beggars belief that anyone would think Carroll forced this unilaterally while Mike & Derek sat there knocking back 35m and saying "naw Aaaaandy dawn't doooo it, daaawn't go, we're ganna bild da clab arawd ya san"

they're behind it somehow

They knocked back 30m apparently. But no matter how much you may want to keep a player there comes a point where you really have to look at the offer on the table and wonder whether rejecting it really is the smart thing to do.

35m for a player who has six good months of football to his name as a professional? That's a crazy amount. I really couldn't blame them for accepting it tbh.

But the fact that Carroll had to actually formally submit a request before they'd accept the offer implies to me that they were willing to turn it away if the player really wanted to stay.

Carroll would have to know that submitting a transfer request would make him the villain of the piece in the eyes of some fans, but he went ahead and did it anyway.

What other motivation could there be for him to put in the request? He wanted out.

35m for a player who has had 6 months of good top flight football and has had numerous run ins with the law and is known for generally being a bit of a loose cannon is a very difficult deal to turn down.

He put the decision in Carroll's hands, and Carroll told us all to f*** off and followed the money. Hope the c*** turns out to be the next Michael Ricketts, mercenary w*****.

I don't understand why you have to be angry at anyone. Ashley did what you would expect any club owner to do. Carroll did what you would expect any footballer to do. If anything, my anger lies with Torres/Liverpool/Chelsea for distorting the situation to a ridiculous degree. Even then, I can't be angry with the success of others. Mostly, just disappointed with the situation and how quickly this chapter of NUFC's history has unfolded. As always, I am looking forward.

Aye, angry is probably not the right word.

I was sad more than anything when it broke.

DL: Liverpool offered 30 million for you.  If it goes up, we are going to sell you.

AC:  But this is my hometown club.  I'm wearing the number 9, something I've dreamed about.

DL:Andy, we are going to sell you whether you like it or not.

AC:  But this is my club.  I came up through the youth system.  I can't leave.

Weekend comes to a close.

DL: Andy, we suggest you leave.  You have no future here.  We can get maybe another 5-10 million out of them.  Your England chances are going to improve.  Think of your future.

AC: I can't leave my hometown club.  And for Liverpool.  Who are they?  A shite has been club on the w..

DL: They will treble your wages.

AC: I would formally like to request a transfer.

Thing is i dont really blame Andy for wanting to leave if a club values him highly enough to offer him 80 grand a week & we turn around and say we arent budging on our valuation of what he should get. I know he just signed a contract so you can say he should see that out, but everything changes when a club values you at 30m. I doubt we'd have had to match that wage to get him to stay.

He wanted out.

well, let's see what the next few days press conferences reveal shall we?  he's already stated publicly he was "forced out" right?

any direct quotes or tabloid bullshit that people are using to justify their views? I would like to hear Carroll give an interview where he comes clean one way or the other. Pardew also owes a lengthy explanation not so much o why Carroll was sold but why he did not have a Plan B and lined up replacements, fucking pathetic management to be honest that we now have to rely on Ameobi and Best as our strikers.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Carroll didn't want to leave and didn't ask to leave but was told to, and the huge hike in wages meant he wasn't going to dig his heels in.

I don't trust Cashley, Liarbias or Fack-U as far as I can spit. Their gamble is wether they come out 35m up at the end of the season, or lose it all in relegation.

Watching the wideboy conman, the slimy weasel and the barefaced liar play (Russian) roulette with our club is sh***.

Would also be interesting to see if Carroll does play against Stoke on Wednesday and Chelsea on Sunday, to see if the injury was real or just a cover up in preparation for the sale. Remember Pardew's latest was that Carroll is definitely unavailable for Fulham and probably Arsenal too, now unless Liverpool has some quick cure miraculous drug/therapy, that timeline should remain. Otherwise it was bullshit all along.

He wanted out.

well, let's see what the next few days press conferences reveal shall we?  he's already stated publicly he was "forced out" right?

If he handed in a transfer request he hasn't got a leg to stand on as far as I'm concerned. I doubt anyone held a gun to his head and forced him to submit the request.

If he didn't then that changes things, naturally, but it'd be insane from Ashley to claim he put in a transfer request if he didn't. Not like people wouldn't find out the truth pretty quickly.

He wanted out.

If he handed in a transfer request he hasn't got a leg to stand on as far as I'm concerned. I doubt anyone held a gun to his head and forced him to submit the request.

If he didn't then that changes things, naturally, but it'd be insane from Ashley to claim he put in a transfer request if he didn't. Not like people wouldn't find out the truth pretty quickly.

on a basic level i agree with you, if you're boiling it right down that far - he requested therefore he's to blame

keegan & hughton (iirc) have both stated how disgraceful the club is ran behind closed doors and they've been found in court to be liars and manipulators of every situation going

i won't believe Carroll forced this on his own until it comes out of his own mouth

He wanted out.

Agreed

This