West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's definitely gone just for the money, no way he's left a shithole of a club with little future prospects to join one with genuine ambition

Here is a transcript of the texts that i made and received.

Sunday 30th January 14:37

SW: Are you leaving mate?

AC: I\'m not going anywhere mate.

Monday 31st January 16:28

SW: Liverpool in for you mate. Any truth in that?

AC: Dunno what\'s happening yet still mate. Thanks.

17:02

SW: Sky Sports say it\'s a matter of time mate. What\'s club said?

AC: they have kind of said we don\'t want u but want me to say I wanna go. And I said I don\'t want to go.

17:26

SW: Have you put in a transfer request?

AC: No I didn\'t that\'s what I mean that\'s what they wanted me to do and I said no.

17:27

SW: So they want you to go?

AC: They said they wanted to accept it.

17:28

SW: So you have no choice?

AC: Looks like it.

17:31

SW: Your agent will be doing ok out of this. When you going?

AC: I don\'t know mate. Gutted tho.

17:32

SW: Any message you want put across to the fans? I\'m happy to do that for you mate.

AC: They said they wanted the money.

17:37

SW: Anything else?

AC: Gutted to be leaving Newcastle but I was kind of pushed out the door.

17:41

SW: That it?

AC: Just what i\'ve just said really. Gutted to be leaving my home club but I was practically told to go. Didn\'t want to leave that\'s why i signed a 5 year deal.

17:47

SW: I will pass these onto the press lads I know.

AC: Sound mate.

17:56

SW: Can you give press lads a call to do an interview when deal done?

AC: I will yeah. I will speak to him later. Bit busy atm mate.

Then why Brad Inman said "Bye Andy" at noon?

Because he is ITK.

Makes you wonder why you still take an interest in football when the one player you felt was 100% committed turns his back on the club. At least we've still got Jose!

Agreed. Loyalty quite simply means fuck all these days. ££££ rules and ££££ talks.

Still devastated though, couldn't get a wink last night. Tbh, I know £35m is a lot but at this point in time I don't think it's even possible to argue that it was a good deal as we've not been able to reinvest and I very much doubt that we'll receive reassurances that that reinvestment will take place in the summer. What's worse is that it might cost us more than that if we go down looking at things as they stand now, we're fine, but most of the sides around us have been able to improve their squad. You know, before yesterday, I thought we were going in the right direction. Trust the fat cunt to fuck it all up.

I hope to god that the boys can keep up some momentum until the end of the season and keep us up.

Nothing  do with the 85k or so a week they were offering you then, Andy?

Was never pushed out. He signed a long term and didn't need to submit a transfer request.

Do you blame him for not turning down a 50k pay increase though? Would any other player show that sort of loyalty, let alone at Carrolls age & from a position of being on a very low wage in relation to what clubs are valuing him at.

Im not sure theres much to have a go about

My point was directed at his viewpoint that he was 'pushed out'.

Guest toonlass

To be honest those texts prove bugger all.

It's not a text conversation between friends, Steve Wraith (an editor of a crap fanzine - i bought one copy outside St James Park, wont be buying another) texted Andy Carroll and asked him what was happening. Andy was never going to say "Aye Steve, I'm leaving because I'll earn more in a week than most people who have a season ticket will earn in 4 years!" Carroll knows that this conversation would probably end up being released (and confirms it can be at the end) so why would he say anything but that he doesn't want to go?

Pardew's press confrence should be interesting this morning.

I imagine it will be 'cancelled'.

Nah, I think Pardew will face them.

Mind you, he'll probably have an 'off record' talk about how they're not talking about Carroll.

To be honest those texts prove bugger all.

It's not a text conversation between friends, Steve Wraith (an editor of a crap fanzine - i bought one copy outside St James Park, wont be buying another) texted Andy Carroll and asked him what was happening. Andy was never going to say "Aye Steve, I'm leaving because I'll earn more in a week than most people who have a season ticket will earn in 4 years!" Carroll knows that this conversation would probably end up being released (and confirms it can be at the end) so why would he say anything but that he doesn't want to go?

And like everything else, it still doesn't say why he handed in a transfer request.

I think hes trying to save face by saying he was forced out, so that when he comes back up here on a night out he'll not be abused by us fans. We'll unlucky Andy you will

Who is going to abuse him? Only cowards from a distance & the stupid will do this.

I think he probably was pushed out but he wasn't exactly struggling.

If we'd wanted to keep him I think he'd be here this morning.

I still can't bring myself to be angry at the club for accepting a 35m offer for him. It's an insane amount for a player who has proven as little as he has, not to mention his 'colourful' personality.

At the end of the day Carroll had the choice and he fucked off. What exactly could the board have done to punish him had he told Liverpool to do one?

Just want to know, it's the 25% sell on clause +  35m cash, or a total value of 35m including both the clause and an unknown amount of cash?

If it's the former one, jesus.  Liverpool is really insane.

Just want to know, it's the 25% sell on clause +  35m cash, or a total value of 35m including both the clause and an unknown amount of cash?

If it's the former one, jesus.  Liverpool is really insane.

I think it's £35m + 25% sell on clause

Guest firetotheworks

and another thing, this 35million offer isn't ridiculous imo. Name another player that we could get for that price who is as prolific in the air, and is still young. I can't think of any, hence the price. It means fuck all to us anyway, you can't play 35m up front, and nor will it be spent heavily within the team. The money means fuck all to me, all I know is the home-grown local number 9, who our entire play is centred around has been sold to Liverpool and taken with him a large proportion of what is good about the whole team, and a large proportion of Barton and Nolan's play.

shearer 'not convinced' carroll wanted to leave, incidentally.

He knows how football deals work. He know Ashley & Llambias. I will go with Al.

KK,Given, Shearer, AC all fall out with club on Ashleys watch. We need to a keep an eye on the Milburn statue.