West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So what was all that shit about my conspiracy theory being a bunch of imaginative bullshit? If those texts are real, shit went down EXACTLY the way I described it, and yet again, the official line from the club is proven to be as reliable as the bible. If those texts are true, of course.

And you might say that this is just PR from Carroll and it may well be, but I know I'd rather trust Carroll than Ashley because it wouldnt be the first time Ashley has tried to lie about the official sequence of events.

This whole episode is symptomatic of football's money malaise and take your pick about who's to blame from Chelsea's fee for Torres to the clubs or the player himself.

Carroll will have had his agent alongside him from start to finish, "advising" him like some hungry car salesman and he seems to be getting off pretty scot-free when "blame" is being apportioned.

Who is his agent anyway ?

Just want to know, it's the 25% sell on clause +  35m cash, or a total value of 35m including both the clause and an unknown amount of cash?

If it's the former one, jesus.  Liverpool is really insane.

I think it's £35m + 25% sell on clause

Bloody hell.  That's really close to Torres' valuation.

Guest firetotheworks

So what was all that s*** about my conspiracy theory being a bunch of imaginative bullshit? If those texts are real, s*** went down EXACTLY the way I described it, and yet again, the official line from the club is proven to be as reliable as the bible. If those texts are true, of course.

And you might say that this is just PR from Carroll and it may well be, but I know I'd rather trust Carroll than Ashley because it wouldnt be the first time Ashley has tried to lie about the official sequence of events.

nor will it be the last.

So what was all that s*** about my conspiracy theory being a bunch of imaginative bullshit? If those texts are real, s*** went down EXACTLY the way I described it, and yet again, the official line from the club is proven to be as reliable as the bible. If those texts are true, of course.

Cannot deny this.  That's the price Ashley gotta paid for his past action.

Just want to know, it's the 25% sell on clause +  35m cash, or a total value of 35m including both the clause and an unknown amount of cash?

No its not. If AC flops & he is dumped for £8million we get £2 million. If this 25% is off any profit made on the fee Liverpool paid he is going to be a legend & only Barca, Real Madrid & Man City will be able to afford him.

Who is saying we have 25% sell on anyway?

I would imagine most of the clauses are linked to goals & CL qualification.

Guest neesy111

Those texts are Carroll trying to scramble back any credit he has with the fans left.  They are texts which his Agent probably told him to do to save face.  He needs to say this in public before I'll believe it.

and another thing, this 35million offer isn't ridiculous imo. Name another player that we could get for that price who is as prolific in the air, and is still young. I can't think of any, hence the price. It means f*** all to us anyway, you can't play 35m up front, and nor will it be spent heavily within the team. The money means f*** all to me, all I know is the home-grown local number 9, who our entire play is centred around has been sold to Liverpool and taken with him a large proportion of what is good about the whole team, and a large proportion of Barton and Nolan's play.

Andy Carroll isnt the be all and end all man. Spurs finished in the top 4 last season and they didnt have an Andy Carroll. There are other players out there. Its a team game, not built round 1 player man. Whatever has gone on, £35 million is great business. He's what? 8th most expensive player of all time? Fucking hell, he's only had 6 months in this league, the deal cant be argued - its how much of its invested that will determine whether I go back or not.

No its not. If AC flops & he is dumped for £8million we get £2 million. If this 25% is off any profit made on the fee Liverpool paid he is going to be a legend & only Barca, Real Madrid & Man City will be able to afford him.

Even Bent got a valuation of 18m nowadays.  I really doubt his next transfer would be less than 10m.

Guest firetotheworks

Those texts are Carroll trying to scramble back any credit he has with the fans left.  They are texts which his Agent probably told him to do to save face.  He needs to say this in public before I'll believe it.

:lol: You'll believe him if he says it out loud, but not in a text?

Give over man AC is not this clever to play the PR game, he was just replying to texts from Wraith who he does know well.

I hope the likes of needy and JH won't be as naive as a 5 year old the next time s*** like this happens at the club.

Classic PR exercise and you just totally fell for it.

(if those texts are real and they represent what actually transpired...)

:rolleyes:

Still no explanation for the transfer request in those quotes? Hmm, wonder why...

Guest neesy111

:lol: You'll believe him if he says it out loud, but not in a text?

Those texts, yeap I believe some texts which someone is SAYING they are from him.  Also like I've said, these are texts which are easy to use to save his own face with the fans.

Guest neesy111

Give over man AC is not this clever to play the PR game, he was just replying to texts from Wraith who he does know well.

Nope, Carroll is a man that clearly is controlled by his agent as well.  Again you all think the club is using a classic PR gag, well Carroll is with these texts.  And still no explanation for the transfer request.

Even Bent got a valuation of 18m nowadays.  I really doubt his next transfer would be less than 10m.

Bent the PL current top goalscorer. His price seems fair atm.  If it £20 million it is another £5 million which makes it £40 million. Still not near £50 million is it.

Again what source are we going off this 25% sell on? Amazing if true if, as we had no clauses with the Milner or CNZ deal.

After being absolutely gutted yesterday I have woken up this morning with a clearer head (still abit gutted though).

After seeing the 'Alleged' Texts, it really would not surprise me if they were true.

I think that the whole transfer request thing is absolute bollocks, I think that Ashley (or whoever) wanted to accept the bid but given that the guy always seems to be walking on thin Ice when it comes to his decision making SOMEHOW managed to Persuade / (Dare i say Blackmail) AC into putting one in OR there is the fact that he did not put a transfer request in at all and the club announced that he had. The players have more than likely got some privacy clauses in their contracts which does not allow them to talk about the club without permission so the player would not be able to refute/Deny any claims that he had put a transfer request in making him to look like the dick instead of Cashley (who we all know deep down IS invoved in this malarkey).

At theend of the day if Cashley was any sort of businessman he would have made sure that there was a buy-back clause included as part of the deal.