West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest neesy111

JH still holding onto the official line as if his life depended on it :lol:

Youre holding on to the titanic, man. It's sinking.

Is that why 45% have blamed the player then in this thread?

practically told to go

they have kind of said we don\'t want u

Hmmmmmmmmmmm not really decisive is it

more realistically "you've agreed a fee, i'll go but i'm not putting in a transfer request"

even he's not too thick to think of this.

JH still holding onto the official line as if his life depended on it :lol:

Youre holding on to the titanic, man. It's sinking.

wtf? I'm not holding onto the official line at all.

I'm not absolving Ashley of all the blame, but the fact is Carroll handed in a transfer request (if that wasn't true, he would come out and say "I didn't hand in a transfer request"). He is yet to explain how anyone could force him to hand in a transfer request, and until he does all I can think is that he did it because he wanted to leave.

and another thing, this 35million offer isn't ridiculous imo. Name another player that we could get for that price who is as prolific in the air, and is still young. I can't think of any, hence the price. It means f*** all to us anyway, you can't play 35m up front, and nor will it be spent heavily within the team. The money means f*** all to me, all I know is the home-grown local number 9, who our entire play is centred around has been sold to Liverpool and taken with him a large proportion of what is good about the whole team, and a large proportion of Barton and Nolan's play.

Andy Carroll isnt the be all and end all man. Spurs finished in the top 4 last season and they didnt have an Andy Carroll. There are other players out there. Its a team game, not built round 1 player man. Whatever has gone on, £35 million is great business. He's what? 8th most expensive player of all time? Fucking hell, he's only had 6 months in this league, the deal cant be argued - its how much of its invested that will determine whether I go back or not.

That's all well and good, but we've no guarantees that all of that money will be invested in the summer or, if it is, if the clowns in charge will invest it in the right areas. The fact that we were seemingly willing to spunk £10-12mil on insominia rather than find a striker suggests that it won't be going in the right areas.

I live in hope that it'll be ploughed back into the squad but right now £35mil does not compensate for the fact that we're still a squad in dire need of depth and for the remainder of the season have to rely on Best, Shoal, Ranger and Loven.

I hope the likes of needy and JH won't be as naive as a 5 year old the next time s*** like this happens at the club.

Classic PR exercise and you just totally fell for it.

(if those texts are real and they represent what actually transpired...)

:rolleyes:

Still no explanation for the transfer request in those quotes? Hmm, wonder why...

i can see where you're going with that, but ashley's got a track record of engineering things to his (and i do mean his and not nufc's) advantage. they admitted in court they'd mis-lead the fans. its all about context, and the spurs bids being denied by harry and the press (sunday supplement). the fact that it came so late we couldnt replace AND with a token bid that we've seen them attempt before, the fact that shearer's now said 'knowing him as i do, i'm not convinced he wanted to leave'. none of this has alarm bells ringing? even though ashley just sacked hughton and APPOINTED PARDEW? none of this seems weird to you? its really a case of oh 35 million is a lot of money for carroll? fucking hell man, i wish life was as simple.

and another thing, this 35million offer isn't ridiculous imo. Name another player that we could get for that price who is as prolific in the air, and is still young. I can't think of any, hence the price. It means fuck all to us anyway, you can't play 35m up front, and nor will it be spent heavily within the team. The money means fuck all to me, all I know is the home-grown local number 9, who our entire play is centred around has been sold to Liverpool and taken with him a large proportion of what is good about the whole team, and a large proportion of Barton and Nolan's play.

It might just have saved us from a decade of Wimbledon 'find the big man' style of football.

Guest palnese

Carroll did mention the transfer request. He said that he didn't hand one in.

CaulkinTheTimes George Caulkin

Carroll was not agitating to leave. He wasn't unsettled. And, yes, the transfer request was a mechanism used by #Nufc. But ... he signed it.

Guest firetotheworks

and another thing, this 35million offer isn't ridiculous imo. Name another player that we could get for that price who is as prolific in the air, and is still young. I can't think of any, hence the price. It means f*** all to us anyway, you can't play 35m up front, and nor will it be spent heavily within the team. The money means f*** all to me, all I know is the home-grown local number 9, who our entire play is centred around has been sold to Liverpool and taken with him a large proportion of what is good about the whole team, and a large proportion of Barton and Nolan's play.

It might just have saved us from a decade of Wimbledon 'find the big man' style of football.

Evidence of it working, in a non-Wimbledon way would suggest otherwise.

Sorry, whether he was forced to leave or not, he was the one that put the fucking pen to the paper.

Carroll has lied to all of us, he has lied to those who questioned that he really battered his ex, and all those rumour in the media. We were the ones betrayed here, not him. Maybe Ashley played a part in accepting the bid. But any Chairman would for a player who in 12 months has gone from being worth arond £4million to £35million. It's a ridiculous fee, I mean we got a much more talented (not saying more important player than Carroll) in Ben Arfa, for 7 times cheaper.  We can only look forward, we have proven that although it takes time we can produce local talents. What we need to do from now on though, is teach our players about ethics. I feel heartbroken to see Carroll and Dalglish smiling, but that's how life is. I sincerely think that with that kind of money we will become much better in the long-term.

For £35 million you could probably buy 5-6 of the World biggest talents and try to build  a team for the future. While they're here, you make sure you put both them and their agents into a fucking classroom to learn ethics.

There are so many players who are worth less than Carroll but are more talented. And while it might be a big risk on them adapting, or even wanting to come here. Who says Carroll would perform in two years? There are so many aspects  that hurts in this deal but only time will tell whether we were wrong or right for him to go.

I believe in the latter, as I believe in this club even though it's been a joke. All we can do now is to keep on fighting for Europe and finish above Liverpool.

Guest neesy111

He's said he'll do an interview, that is when I'll make my own conclusion.  The fact is he could not have been forced to sign a piece of paper, also looks like the word no wasn't used by him at all.

Those texts are Carroll trying to scramble back any credit he has with the fans left.  They are texts which his Agent probably told him to do to save face.  He needs to say this in public before I'll believe it.

Give over man AC is not this clever to play the PR game, he was just replying to texts from Wraith who he does know well.

Nope, Carroll is a man that clearly is controlled by his agent as well. 

He is own man. He put the transfer request in. People harp on about agents like they are mind controllers give fucking over man.

neesy's refusal to acknowledge the very high probability that ashley had planned it all is astounding.

Maybe he did. But the fact remains that Carroll was the one that signed the transfer request, he didn't have a gun to his head and if he wanted to stay that badly he could have refused to do it.

Ashley may have thrown the ball in the air, but Carroll was the one that hit it.

Guest neesy111

Those texts are Carroll trying to scramble back any credit he has with the fans left.  They are texts which his Agent probably told him to do to save face.  He needs to say this in public before I'll believe it.

Give over man AC is not this clever to play the PR game, he was just replying to texts from Wraith who he does know well.

Nope, Carroll is a man that clearly is controlled by his agent as well. 

He is own man. He put the transfer request in. People harp on about agents like they are mind controllers give fucking over man.

Most players are controlled by their agents though.

Guest firetotheworks

IT'S NOT A RIDICULOUS FEE, WHEN OUR TACTICS ARE BASED AROUND HIM AND THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT. How many fucking times,

The club loves to sell late in the window as we have seen with Milner, CNZ, Given & now Carroll so they don't have to spend that cash. I am not classing there late bids for players as them trying to spend the cash either as only a mong would take them seriously.

Guest neesy111

neesy's refusal to acknowledge the very high probability that ashley had planned it all is astounding.

It's people's refusal to put any blame at all in Carroll's court over this is what is astounding.  Players hold of the power these days, they can refuse to join clubs etc.

Guest neesy111

IT'S NOT A RIDICULOUS FEE, WHEN OUR TACTICS ARE BASED AROUND HIM AND THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT. How many fucking times,

Guess you didn't see our league form in January then.  He is replaceable man.