West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Take away the £35 million from the carroll sale (which may or may not be re-invested back into the club. we'll have to see), and those stats don't look anywhere near as nasty as they do there mind. Again factor in our relegation which required a bit of a fire sale and it is a bit of a myth, like.

I don;t know what the net profit was for transfers during Ashleys reign before our relegation, but i'm sure it wasn't too bad.

Those are pre-Carroll I believe.

I might be wrong but I'm fairly sure that includes the Carroll sale. We were definitely higher up the table last time I checked.

Fair enough, thought UV had said at one point that they were pre-AC but I can't be arsed to check.

Whatever happened on 31st January and whatever the reasons behind each decision, Carroll handed in a transfer request and signed on the dotted line for Liverpool.

Whether Ashley really wanted the money or not, whether Pardew wanted Carroll gone or not, whether Carroll actually wanted to go or not, all the management did was accept an offer that they felt they couldn't turn down and protect their position with the rest of the team in terms of contract demands (there was a team to consider after all, NUFC doesn't just revolve around Carroll). It was Carroll's decision right along the line, from signing the request to signing the Liverpool contract.

If we sell Enrique/Barton/Tiote in the summer and they can give proof that they were forced out then I'll hold up my hands and plead to join the Wullie/Colocho revolution. Until then, I won't fully blame/criticise the regime for this transfer.

Proof that they were forced out? :lol:

i.e. refusing to sign a transfer request or it being known that they weren't wanted.

And how will that proof manifest itself? If the club accept an offer that surely that alone is proof that they're not wanted.

I can't say that it is tbh.

It's harder to prove you weren't wanted, but not signing a transfer request is relatively easy. Easier than Carroll made out anyway.

Take away the £35 million from the carroll sale (which may or may not be re-invested back into the club. we'll have to see), and those stats don't look anywhere near as nasty as they do there mind. Again factor in our relegation which required a bit of a fire sale and it is a bit of a myth, like.

I don;t know what the net profit was for transfers during Ashleys reign before our relegation, but i'm sure it wasn't too bad.

Those are pre-Carroll I believe.

Pre-relegation, this is Mike's transfer list (according to this site http://www.footbo.com/Teams/Newcastle/Transfers)

The ones in bold represent who we know went for reletavely big money, the others are all speculation, or 3 million etc.

The combined ammount in bold for bought is roughly £40 million, and sold is roughly £30 million.

I don't know how accurate it is or anything, but pre-relegation he was hardly selling withought investing back into the squad.

IN

Nolan

Taylor

Jonas

Guthrie

Bassong

Coloccini

Xisco

Tozer

Viduka

Barton

Smith

Rozenhal

Enrique

Faye

OUT

N'zogbia

Given

Rammage

Carr

Rozenhal

Faye

Milner

Parker

Bramble

Sibierski

Moore

O'brien

Gate

Dyer

Huntington

Solano

Guest Geordiesned
A man has been arrested on suspicion of setting fire to Liverpool striker Andy Carroll's car.

The ex-Newcastle player was at the house of his then captain Kevin Nolan, in Ponteland, Northumberland, when his Range Rover was set alight in October.

Police said a man, 33, from Whitley Bay, was currently in police custody in connection with the incident.

On Monday Carroll, 22, scored his first goals for Liverpool, against Manchester City, after his £35m transfer.

Carroll moved from Newcastle to the Merseyside club in January.

Aye, you can get the up to date ones here:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/

According to that we have made roughly £50 million post relegation (including Carroll sale), pre-relegation we invested roughly £5 million.

All in all if we were to go by Mike Ashleys previous tenture in the premiership, all of the Carroll money AND more will be invested into the squad. (Ofcourse I realise that this is very unlikely, like.)

Ugh, honestly this whole identical bullshit shouting match that seems to be creeping up in every single thread since February is getting tedious as fuck.

It's like the whole fucking forum has turned into NE5.

Ugh, honestly this whole identical bullshit shouting match that seems to be creeping up in every single thread since February is getting tedious as fuck.

Go then.

You can't blame people for seeing things the way they are.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

yup, tedium beyond belief. Rarely bother in FC because of it. Though I can't say I think this is a new thing, if it wasn't this it'd be something else.

:thup:

Ugh, honestly this whole identical bullshit shouting match that seems to be creeping up in every single thread since February is getting tedious as f***.

It's like the whole f***ing forum has turned into NE5.

Go then.

You can't blame people for seeing things the way they are.

And you're the fucking worst of the lot. At least NE5 didn't seem to be magnetically attracted to every single thing I post.

Just because it's true (or even if it's true) doesn't mean it deserves 3209438209482 pages of cyclical bullshit Dave. You of all people should understand this.

it deserves as much discussion as the members of the forum think it deserves. do you think that people find the intentions of the owner of nufc important enough to talk about this much because it DOESNT impact everything about the way the club is run and what our fortunes are likely to be over the coming years? it's pretty important stuff if you're interested in the club doing well.