West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When he signed he was 26 or 27 in his pomp. By the time his contract is up he'll be in his 30s. No way will be get his current wage here or anywhere else. Spanish clubs where he'd more than likely leave for don't have that sort of wages for players so could see him staying within our structure.

Point is Colocho, we're getting away from that sort of wage and I bet Coloccini's offered nowhere near his current salary when it comes to renewal but it'll still be a fair whack.

Because they deemed him worth £35 million for there plans, we didn't. It's basic stuff.

If you're trying to say it's not possibly to buy 3-4 footballers of Andy Carroll's quality for a combined sum of less than £35 million then I strongky suggest you take a look at some of the transfers over the past year, even withing our own team.

Does £35 million buy you 3-4 players of Carroll's quality and pay the wages?

Add the silly wages he was wanting on top of that sum and it's probably possible, aye.

Do you think Andy Carroll deserves similar wages to Coloccini?

No, we have a wage structure now, and we shouldn't be breaking it for any player tbh. Colo was brought in under a different system.

I understand these points and agree with them in principle. Just out of interest, how much do you think our wage cap is?

50K?

And are we to assume that Ben Arfa and Tiote are on close to this figure? What do we do when clubs come in for them, and naturally they want and improved contract to stay?

Sell them?

Are these other clubs offering near £40 million :lol:

Aston Villa wouldn't have bought Bent if they didn't sell Milner for a daft amount. Is not ambition Wullie, it's business. They did the same with Barry as Everton did with Lescott, in fact if it were Citeh who'd bought him I think we'd all have less of a problem with the deal.

It hurts seeing Carroll at Liverpool but if we manage to get two very good strikers out of it plus fill a couple of holes elsewhere then it's has been a good deal all round. Right now it sucks with no replacement, but at least we can wait till the summer where the prices won't be so stupid.

Point is Colocho, we're getting away from that sort of wage and I bet Coloccini's offered nowhere near his current salary when it comes to renewal but it'll still be a fair whack.

Because they deemed him worth £35 million for there plans, we didn't. It's basic stuff.

If you're trying to say it's not possibly to buy 3-4 footballers of Andy Carroll's quality for a combined sum of less than £35 million then I strongky suggest you take a look at some of the transfers over the past year, even withing our own team.

Add the silly wages he was wanting on top of that sum and it's probably possible, aye.

No, we have a wage structure now, and we shouldn't be breaking it for any player tbh. Colo was brought in under a different system.

I understand these points and agree with them in principle. Just out of interest, how much do you think our wage cap is?

50K?

And are we to assume that Ben Arfa and Tiote are on close to this figure? What do we do when clubs come in for them, and naturally they want and improved contract to stay?

Sell them?

No. Where did I suggest such a thing?

Let's say this time next year, Chelsea show interest in Tiote - they're willing to pay £12 million.

He wants a new contract that would exceed the wage structure, or he'll go. Do we sell him?

When he signed he was 26 or 27 in his pomp. By the time his contract is up he'll be in his 30s. No way will be get his current wage here or anywhere else. Spanish clubs where he'd more than likely leave for don't have that sort of wages for players so could see him staying within our structure.

What if he's still performing to the level that he is now, would he deserve a pay cut?  I would think his next contract should be based around his level of play and also the probability of him going down-hill.  Maybe his contract should reward him at the start and take into consideration that he'll start to decline as the years go on.  I think it will work like that, my doubt is that they'll not reward him from the off and they'll look to cut his wages from day 1 of the contract.

50K?

Sell them?

Let's say this time next year, Chelsea show interest in Tiote - they're willing to pay £12 million.

He wants a new contract that would exceed the wage structure, or he'll go. Do we sell him?

Where did I say you said such a thing? It was a toung in cheek question man, granted it neve had a question mark like :lol:

I would be absolutely livid if we sold Tiote for 12 million, whats your point here?

50K?

Sell them?

Where did I say you said such a thing? It was a toung in cheek question man, granted it neve had a question mark like :lol:

I would be absolutely livid if we sold Tiote for 12 million, whats your point here?

You avoided my second question, which funnily enough was the point of the post.

I'll repeat. If A club is interested in Tiote, he demands an improved contract (which would break the wage limit), what do we do? Sell him?

No we don't.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the debate though :lol: (no it not similar to the board refusing carrolls pay rise and then flogging him for 35 million at all before you bring that up like.)

Do you prefer tomato sauce or mustard?

Of course it has something to do with the debate.

A lot of people think that we should have sold Carroll due to the improved wages he apparently wanted. Do we do the same when HBA/Tiote want improved deals?

Freddie himself said he'd have sold Carroll for that much after just signing a new deal so don't think he'd do that to Tiote.

So not even Freddy is that daft is what you are saying?  :lol:

A lot of people think we should have sold Carroll because of the daft money Liverpool gave us man, nowt to do with the wages he was asking for, that was mearly just an extra reason. To the latter part i've already said no, we don't sell them if they want an improved contract, we do sell them if someone makes an offer that we deem is more than worth there ability and we feel we can afford to let them go. Thats the reality of the football buisness.

I realise you hate Mike like, he stole an apple out your lunch box when you were bairns or summik, I know. But is it realy neccesary to go out your way in trying to prove he's a cunt in every thread?

I know he's a cunt, everybody knows he's a cunt man, i'm just saying that in this case it's a bit unfair to critisise the sale AS OF YET. By all means critisise the fact that we never brought in any replacements, but they were needed even before we sold Carroll.

Not bringing in any strikers in January = Mike's a cunt.

Selling Carroll for British transfer fee = TBC.

Changing tack - and apologies if posted elsewhere - but the MoS have a stats piece today revealing the quickest, slowest and fittest players at each club (based on data from last weekend, I think).

Carroll was Liverpool's quickest. So much for lumbering...

Changing tack - and apologies if posted elsewhere - but the MoS have a stats piece today revealing the quickest, slowest and fittest players at each club (based on data from last weekend, I think).

Carroll was Liverpool's quickest. So much for lumbering...

It has been discussed and Guthrie is apparently the second fittest player in the Premiership. So much for journalism...