West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest north shields lad

Our mob were drinking with him in Blackpool last night. Had a good chat with him. He told us that he didnt want to leave but he was told he had no choice. He came over as a nice lad and very sincere. At the end of the day he is a geordie lad and i wish him the best and hope he is a massive sucsess.

Our mob were drinking with him in Blackpool last night. Had a good chat with him. He told us that he didnt want to leave but he was told he had no choice. He came over as a nice lad and very sincere. At the end of the day he is a geordie lad and i wish him the best and hope he is a massive sucsess.

Of course he was told to leave. Like you I hope he goes on to great things.

I won't ever have animosity towards him - Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias are the people we should be disappointed with.

"Told he had no choice"?

Basically he's either stupid, or a liar.

"Told he had no choice"?

Basically he's either stupid, or a liar.

Is how I see it also.

The truth is somewhere in between what we've been told. Carroll had just signed a new five year deal and could've told the club to fuck off if he didn't want to go but then at the same time Ashley & co would've let it be known they wanted the £35 million. Both benefited from the deal at the end of the day.

I've nowt against him like. I hope he goes on to have a fantastic career and scores loads of goals, none of them against us.

The truth is somewhere in between what we've been told. Carroll had just signed a new five year deal and could've told the club to fuck off if he didn't want to go but then at the same time Ashley & co would've let it be known they wanted the £35 million. Both benefited from the deal at the end of the day.

I've nowt against him like. I hope he goes on to have a fantastic career and scores loads of goals, none of them against us.

Completely agree.

Well summed up.

It's more to do with him saying how he hoped to end his career here and go on to be a geordie hero etc etc tho isnt it, then leaving a couple of months later when he gets offered more money.

And all this bollocks about having no choice to leave, did Mike Ashley march him to Liverpool with a gun to his head? He had a 5 year contract, not like Pardew would have suddenly dropped him, if he wanted to stay he could have stayed.

I have no respect for him anymore and hope Barton or Tiote clatter him on Sunday, it'd even be worth a red card, we're safe anyway, fuck him.

I think its the statements in October or whenever it was stating he never wanted to leave, signing a 5 year contract then going back on what he had very recently said so he could earn a ridiculous amount of money at a team where he's not going to challenge for trophies for at least 2 years.

He could have stayed, quite easily. Yes he'd have gotten less money and been at a team who probably won't finish as high as Liverpool next year... but its what he was adamant he was wanting to do.

He's a cock in my book, like

I think its the statements in October or whenever it was stating he never wanted to leave, signing a 5 year contract then going back on what he had very recently said so he could earn a ridiculous amount of money at a team where he's not going to challenge for trophies for at least 2 years.

He could have stayed, quite easily. Yes he'd have gotten less money and been at a team who probably won't finish as high as Liverpool next year... but its what he was adamant he was wanting to do.

Pretty much this, I think the "he was told he has to leave" thing cushions the blow a little, especially as it's a blame battle between the star local lad and the wankers who run the club.

:thup:

I expect this sort of blame-game shit from the club but I expected him to be a bit more upfront and honest and for me he hasn't been. I'd have more respect for him if he had.

Guest magpie99

I am no fan of Carroll or footballers in general these days as the almighty pound has superceded loyalty years ago.

However, put yourselves in his place.

Offered 3 times his current salary, an offer his current club couldnt even come close to matching

Joining a cliub with a hell of a lot more chance of winning silverware than his current club

Better international prospects

What would you guys do?

HONESTLY

I am no fan of Carroll or footballers in general these days as the almighty pound has superceded loyalty years ago.

However, put yourselves in his place.

Offered 3 times his current salary, an offer his current club couldnt even come close to matching

Joining a cliub with a hell of a lot more chance of winning silverware than his current club

Better international prospects

What would you guys do?

HONESTLY

i'd do everything he did with one exception, not sign the non-disclosure agreement so i could tell it like it is in the press

Guest magpie99

He would have won England caps at Newcastle regardless of our position in the league so you can knock that one off.

And FWIW, no, I wouldn't leave.

Yeah, mate, and so would Darren Bent if he stayed at the scum. Other than Carroll, when was the last NUFC player to represent England?

He would have won England caps at Newcastle regardless of our position in the league so you can knock that one off.

And FWIW, no, I wouldn't leave.

Yeah, mate, and so would Darren Bent if he stayed at the scum. Other than Carroll, when was the last NUFC player to represent England?

Other than Carroll?  What's that got to do with anything?  We're talking about Carroll!