West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Then you are a f***ing muppet, wor lad andy is a geordie through and through.

He just needs to come home.

This aimed at me? He's fucking shite, pure and simple.

The problem is of course LFC's wide play.. They do have Downing, but lack same creativity on the right side.  Carroll would fit perfectly into ManU's style of play. They have plenty of players who're capable of delivering the crossers that Carroll needs.

I'd like him to come back, but not unless he fixes hit attitude.

you're all mental. he's certainly not shite and we'd definitely be a better team with him playing.

I think he's a fantastic talent, but not sure if I agree about us being a better team with him. I'd like to think we've evolved (or begun to evolve) away from a team which is built around him.

you're all mental. he's certainly not shite and we'd definitely be a better team with him playing.

I think he's a fantastic talent, but not sure if I agree about us being a better team with him. I'd like to think we've evolved (or begun to evolve) away from a team which is built around him.

howay mate, i admire your aspirations towards carpet football but we're a team that starts Peter Lovenkrands up front for fucks sake. there's no way on earth that's better than playing Carroll, we wouldnt have to build our team around him at all, it's fairly simple to set the team up to play the same but nick it in to Carroll if there's nowt else on. As a player who's great in the air and taking it on his chest, as well as tidy on the floor and good at bringing others into the game he'd improve us massively.

Peter fucking Lovenkrands ffs.

you're all mental. he's certainly not s**** and we'd definitely be a better team with him playing.

howay mate, i admire your aspirations towards carpet football but we're a team that starts Peter Lovenkrands up front for f***s sake. there's no way on earth that's better than playing Carroll, we wouldnt have to build our team around him at all, it's fairly simple to set the team up to play the same but nick it in to Carroll if there's nowt else on. As a player who's great in the air and taking it on his chest, as well as tidy on the floor and good at bringing others into the game he'd improve us massively.

Peter f***ing Lovenkrands ffs.

Of course anyone would take Carroll ahead of what we've got but if we were really going to go back in for him I would rather spend that money on a different kind of striker instead.

you're all mental. he's certainly not s**** and we'd definitely be a better team with him playing.

howay mate, i admire your aspirations towards carpet football but we're a team that starts Peter Lovenkrands up front for f***s sake. there's no way on earth that's better than playing Carroll, we wouldnt have to build our team around him at all, it's fairly simple to set the team up to play the same but nick it in to Carroll if there's nowt else on. As a player who's great in the air and taking it on his chest, as well as tidy on the floor and good at bringing others into the game he'd improve us massively.

Peter f***ing Lovenkrands ffs.

Of course anyone would take Carroll ahead of what we've got but if we were really going to go back in for him I would rather spend that money on a different kind of striker instead.

that's not the point that was being discussed

howay mate, i admire your aspirations towards carpet football but we're a team that starts Peter Lovenkrands up front for fucks sake. there's no way on earth that's better than playing Carroll, we wouldnt have to build our team around him at all, it's fairly simple to set the team up to play the same but nick it in to Carroll if there's nowt else on. As a player who's great in the air and taking it on his chest, as well as tidy on the floor and good at bringing others into the game he'd improve us massively.

Peter fucking Lovenkrands ffs.

:lol: Fair points.

I do think the temptation to lump it long would hinder our progress as a team. The Barton setpiece-Carroll knockdown-Nolan tap-in routine is over. Enrique no longer here to cross it. Gutierrez not at his most effective when he's putting in crosses from the byline.

Just can't see what other we could play with Carroll spearheading our attack.

Maybe it was bias then, or sour grapes now, but I do think I'd rather have Leon Best starting up front for us now over Carroll :lol: Reading that back, I can see how ridiculous it sounds, and will invite a lot of laughter, but I do think time will justify that statement. I think he's massively underrated as a player and he's more than a deft poacher, and if he can keep his fitness/sharpness he'll do very well for us.  Leon's actually really impressive in the air, and is good at encouraging our midfielders forward.

Interesting times.

My mate works in the boxes in SJP and at the Fulham game someone (not sure who, he told me this when I was pissed) was telling him that Carroll hated it at Liverpool and couldn't settle, he's got hardly no mates and comes back up here whenever he can. I think we'll have him back within 18 months.

My mate works in the boxes in SJP and at the Fulham game someone (not sure who, he told me this when I was p*ssed) was telling him that Carroll hated it at Liverpool and couldn't settle, he's got hardly no mates and comes back up here whenever he can. I think we'll have him back within 18 months.

He'd have to take a substantial wage cut then, no way will we pay him £80k a week.

Someone said it on here not long after he moved, that Carroll and Liverpool were 'an uneasy fit' and he'd be back here one day. I completely agree, it's one of those transfers that completely knacks the momentum of a player. Similar to Benjani who banged in about 10 for Pompey by January and then made a pointless move to Man City where he got about 4 goals in 3 years. He was settled here, and should have dug his heels in and stayed.

I can't believe that there's any debate at all, Andy Carroll would be light years ahead of anything we could field up front right now and there's absolutely no reason to suggest that a big target man cannot play with the team we have. Portugal did it for years with Pinto up front, a striker who's job it was to just hold the ball up while the 3 attacking midfielders surged forward.

I can't believe that there's any debate at all, Andy Carroll would be light years ahead of anything we could field up front right now and there's absolutely no reason to suggest that a big target man cannot play with the team we have. Portugal did it for years with Pinto up front, a striker who's job it was to just hold the ball up while the 3 attacking midfielders surged forward.

indeed, you need balance in a football team and he'd provide us with that. Best being better is wishful thinking in the extreme imo.

Guest Rainforest

I see people here seem to think he wont fit in with our "Carpet fotball" mentality.

Havent seen anything remotely resembling that, yet.

Andy is light-years ahead of anything we can muster up top atm.

Carroll in form is unplayable, end of discussion.

Someone said it on here not long after he moved, that Carroll and Liverpool were 'an uneasy fit' and he'd be back here one day. I completely agree, it's one of those transfers that completely knacks the momentum of a player. Similar to Benjani who banged in about 10 for Pompey by January and then made a pointless move to Man City where he got about 4 goals in 3 years. He was settled here, and should have dug his heels in and stayed.

That's true, but it's a tough call. Without the sale of Carroll it's not sure that we could have afforded Cabaye, Maveraux or BA. In reality we got three potentially very good players for the price of one potentially very good player.  Besides, we need a different kind of attacker than Carroll:fast, poacher and who's capable of beating the offside trap.

I see people here seem to think he wont fit in with our "Carpet fotball" mentality.

Havent seen anything remotely resembling that, yet.

Andy is light-years ahead of anything we can muster up top atm.

Carroll in form is unplayable, end of discussion.

Quite right there. Even if there was carpet football to be played, the lad can hold his own with the ball on the deck. A fantastic talent, and some have really short memories and dicks. He went to an arsehole of a club to play for a cuntbag of a manager. Hope it ends in tears.

Guest Rainforest

That's true, but it's a tough call. Without the sale of Carroll it's not sure that we could have afforded Cabaye, Maveraux or BA. In reality we got three potentially very good players for the price of one potentially very good player.   Besides, we need a different kind of attacker than Carroll:fast, poacher and who's capable of beating the offside trap.

Bollocks, we couldnt afford 4.5 millions + agent fees when we sold Routledge, Nolan and Enrique?

Also disagree about what striker we need. We need a Quality forward, what "type" he is of secondary importance, if he is good enough he is the right type. Besides Carroll is fast, can poach and also beat the offside trap. If we are going by "striker type" then Lovenkrants is excactly what you are prescribing. The problem is he isnt good enough at any of those things.

Watched the Liverpool-Exeter game. He looked pissed off the whole game, even when he scored he didn't even celebrate at all. Was a decent goal but no smiles.

I used to absolutely love his celebration, was absolute class. Loved the way he dragged us through games too, he'll never do that for Liverpool. He'll have great games, score great goals and get a hell of a lot better than he is right now but he'll never be as important as he was here. He was the main reason why I started to feel we were going to push on as a side and I felt absolutely sick on deadline day. When we rejected the £30m offer I was out on my lunch break and was telling these guys in an italian restaurant there was no way he was going, we'd rejected the £30m offer. I got back to work and he was on a fucking copter. Gutting, but we're in good shape now, better shape as a team, just need a top striker and we'll be a quality side.

Still can't bring myself to dislike the guy, followed his progress from when he was sixteen and always wanted him to do well, just wish he hadn't gone to that shithole of a club

Rainforest : Regarding the first point, that is pure speculation of course..But we never know..People should be aware the huge sign on fees and agent fees involved.

Regardig the second point: The whole point of football is to put assemble players that fit together. Players that on paper look great can be shit if they're used on the same team, because they're almost identical in their style of play (eg Gerrard and Lampard on the national team). Ba and Carroll like to participate in the build up play, they're not the kind of players that beat the offside trap. An effective attack (if 4-4-2 is used) is based on two players with OPPOSITE movements. One runs towards the ball while the other runs in space. That stretches the defense. Carroll is not this type of player. So you're right, we need a Loven v10.  

Guest Rainforest

Carroll is slow and his touch is very hit and miss, but I would still have him back here mind.  We're hardly spoilt for choice up front!

His touch is a mental thing I think, he does have a "hoofy" style but it can be very good when he is in form. He might look slow, but he is anything but Imo.