West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What disgusts me is that he turns up at court wearing the club suit and tie.  He isn't representing us in court, he is representing the thug that he is.

Did he? Tbf that is good a thing as most people from G-Head usually pop along to court in the best tracksuit which is usally the Lacoste one.

Have you ever been to Gateshead? I don't own a tracksuit and haven't bought anything lacoste for about 12 years. Lots of posters on here will also live in Gateshead or come from Gateshead and won't like the sterotype/dissing of their town.

Never been to G-Head in my life, I have only herd the horror stories about it & some say it is like North Shields of 70's.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ht09DVXuWwc/SlPm5WI38mI/AAAAAAAAAAc/Ce1-eojrwew/s400/Gateshead-Car-Park.jpg

There you are, you've pretty much been now.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_m7RHCfp3u8s/SQX9HiVOg8I/AAAAAAAADhg/HIt-PGZDb1g/s400/07-08-08+Eldon+Sq+Renovations+%281%29r.jpg

;)

As an expat Gateshead lad, actually, Low Fell, what is happening to the site where the multi floored car park was?

It should be an icon after featuring in the Michael Caine movie Get Carter. Also, does anyone know if Shepherds of Gateshead still exists? I used to work there on saturdays and christmas holidays when I was a kid.

FAO Yanks - Gateshead has a Costco! The only one in northern England AFAIK. By default that makes Gateshead okay.

Good to know. Next time I'm in the North East and I need five ten pounds of peanut butter, I'll know where to shop.

Guest Phil K

That car park eyesore gone now ?

Shows how often I'm in Gateshead.

Was in Costco on Sunday !

Didn't realize they were so rare though.

What disgusts me is that he turns up at court wearing the club suit and tie.  He isn't representing us in court, he is representing the thug that he is.

Did he? Tbf that is good a thing as most people from G-Head usually pop along to court in the best tracksuit which is usally the Lacoste one.

Have you ever been to Gateshead? I don't own a tracksuit and haven't bought anything lacoste for about 12 years. Lots of posters on here will also live in Gateshead or come from Gateshead and won't like the sterotype/dissing of their town.

Never been to G-Head in my life, I have only herd the horror stories about it & some say it is like North Shields of 70's.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ht09DVXuWwc/SlPm5WI38mI/AAAAAAAAAAc/Ce1-eojrwew/s400/Gateshead-Car-Park.jpg

There you are, you've pretty much been now.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_m7RHCfp3u8s/SQX9HiVOg8I/AAAAAAAADhg/HIt-PGZDb1g/s400/07-08-08+Eldon+Sq+Renovations+%281%29r.jpg

;)

As an expat Gateshead lad, actually, Low Fell, what is happening to the site where the multi floored car park was?

It should be an icon after featuring in the Michael Caine movie Get Carter. Also, does anyone know if Shepherds of Gateshead still exists? I used to work there on saturdays and christmas holidays when I was a kid.

http://www.yourtrinitysquare.co.uk/trinity-square-development.asp

Guest sittingontheball

Wasn't the Angel orginally going to be the "Gateshead Angel" before it was the "Angel of the North"?

Gateshead High Street though, now's there's a different shopping experience.

The car park is still there, probably not for much longer though.

They're still wrangling with Tesco about planning, they won't proceed with the demolition until everything is agreed with what is going in its place.

I'll be sad to see it go, would rather have seen it refurbished and made part of the new developments. Will be good to see some shops actually worth going to in the heed though, might help liven up the town centre a bit.

Guest neesy111

They're still wrangling with Tesco about planning, they won't proceed with the demolition until everything is agreed with what is going in its place.

I'll be sad to see it go, would rather have seen it refurbished and made part of the new developments. Will be good to see some shops actually worth going to in the heed though, might help liven up the town centre a bit.

town centre is a hole, and i wouldn't dare even go for a piss in the pubs

Not wrong there.

Last time I was back in Gateshead in 2005, I had to make an emergency dash to a pub at the bottom of the High Street, just opposite Boots the Chemist about lunch time. Jeez, I thought I walking into a fifth world nation ablution establishment. The fucking smell was revolting and guess you could say I never pissed so quickly in my life.

Can't argue with that, but it will get better. Just as in all big cities, the real centre (Newcastle) becomes too expensive and the surrounding areas become more acceptable.

I love Gateshead FWIW, lots of places nicer than people realise. It's mainly the town centre that lets it down IMO.

Not wrong there.

Last time I was back in Gateshead in 2005, I had to make an emergency dash to a pub at the bottom of the High Street, just opposite Boots the Chemist about lunch time. Jeez, I thought I walking into a fifth world nation ablution establishment. The f***ing smell was revolting and guess you could say I never pissed so quickly in my life.

and that's one of the better pubs, the nag's heed

Robert Lewandowski

Off to get neckache at B'burn ain't he?

I'd take Kalinic if they're sacking him off.

Was in Genoa last week watching a game and was apparently due to watch a Blackburn game this week if it hadn't been for the volcanic ashes. No deal has been made though. I reckon whoever gets him is getting a bargain for the reported 4m. He's a real athletic lad and a very much all around striker though I've always been mostly impressed with his ability to make room for himself and hold up the ball  bringing other players into play. Needs to work on his finishing but he could definitely become a very good player with the right training.

Guest neesy111

Still think he's a shocking target man, but as long as he scores i could barely care less. Don't think he'll cut it at all next season though.

we'll shall see