West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

Crouch is much better on the floor at this moment in time, but Carroll is a beast in the air.

Just needs to curb his temper and he'll do well. We need someone lightening fast next to him whenever we can afford it and we'd have a deadly combo.

I'm glad he's come out and said Newcastle are the only team for him. You listening Taylor?

Carroll is nowt like Crouch other than his body shape. Crouch is a decent/good header of the ball but nothing more but he's got some class on the deck about him too, as well as more intelligence and experience.

Carroll is far stronger in the air, and has a more powerful shot on him, but lacks the balance, floor-skill and intelligence of Crouch.

Carroll is nowt like Crouch other than his body shape. Crouch is a decent/good header of the ball but nothing more but he's got some class on the deck about him too, as well as more intelligence and experience.

Carroll is far stronger in the air, and has a more powerful shot on him, but lacks the balance, floor-skill and intelligence of Crouch.

Yeah but he would knock Crouch the fuck out.

Crouch is much better on the floor at this moment in time, but Carroll is a beast in the air.

i'm not sure about that. crouch's close control is better but carroll put some balls in from out wide that we'd have wanked over had ginola put them in and crouch could never even hope to do.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not one to overly get concerned about squad numbers (except for daft ones like a cb wearing 10 etc) so dont care if he wears it tbh, hes is the best candidate for the jersey but at the end of the day its only a number on a shirt

I'm of the sickly 'the number 9 is special' clan, and neither Shola nor Carroll have earnt the shirt yet.

All that 'magic' went when Roeder gave the shirt to Martins. Bizarre decision.

Would mean more to him than anyone else in the squad and it looks like it's going to be that way for a while. It's a huge boost for him like it would any local lad playing upfront for us and we should expect even more heart, effort and commitment from him.

Another thing is it's something money can't buy, and if he acts up again the number can easily be removed from him.

I'm of the sickly 'the number 9 is special' clan, and neither Shola nor Carroll have earnt the shirt yet.

All that 'magic' went when Roeder gave the shirt to Martins. Bizarre decision.

Nahhh...

Criteria:

/ Currently striker performing well enough/scoring enough goals to earn the upgrade

/ Big money signing

Martins was no different to Shearer really going by point B, though Shearer had already proven to be an unreal goalscorer. Oba's goal tally for us overall wasn't bad anyway.

This shit matters aiiyt.