West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't believe we'd want him now, whatever the price he simply wouldn't get in our side. If there is anything in it you'd have to consider whether the manager getting rid of him has a better idea of setting up a football team than the one looking to buy him.

Guest BooBoo

We played more long ball stuff last season that we did for the majority of Hughtons reign. We were playing some great fluid attacking stuff. People have already rightly mentioned that it is the defence that is the problem. Douglas in with Saylor and Colo and a Debuchy in will see the end of this once and for all imo.

Better ball playing defenders will certainly help. It also notably lessened as Santon became more familiar and confident towards the end of the season.

While I'd be reluctant to pay a high price a loan with an option to buy would be ideal. At the moment our striking options are Ba, Cisse and Amoebi. That's one injury away from needing to play Amoebi. Carroll's had a tough time at Liverpool but he's only 23 and clearly has massive potential.

If we actually want to start competing with the big clubs then we need situations where we have good players (such as Carroll) who don't start every game but play their part in all competitions and are good enough to (a) provide excellent cover for injuries and (b) try and prove they're good enough for a place in the first team.

Like I said I think it would be a mistake to pay silly money for him but a loan with an option to buy is something I would be very happy with - it could also lead to the potential situation where he comes on loan, bangs in 20 goals and we use our option to buy him for £15m at the end of the season.

I'll be seriously disappointed if we spend anything more than ten million on andy Carroll. Take the massive fee liverpool paid in January out of the equation and what

are you left with? A player who scored 11 prem goals in 19 appearances with a team that was built around his style of play. Since then he's done nothing to suggest

that that run of form wasn't just a fluke or a purple patch. Andy carroll was never worth 35mill, Liverpool paid that amount gambling on his potential alone in which he

hasn't come close to forfilling. I think we'd me much better off scouring europe for a striker, time and again it's been proved theirs no value in English transfers. 

While I'd be reluctant to pay a high price a loan with an option to buy would be ideal. At the moment our striking options are Ba, Cisse and Amoebi. That's one injury away from needing to play Amoebi. Carroll's had a tough time at Liverpool but he's only 23 and clearly has massive potential.

If we actually want to start competing with the big clubs then we need situations where we have good players (such as Carroll) who don't start every game but play their part in all competitions and are good enough to (a) provide excellent cover for injuries and (b) try and prove they're good enough for a place in the first team.

Like I said I think it would be a mistake to pay silly money for him but a loan with an option to buy is something I would be very happy with - it could also lead to the potential situation where he comes on loan, bangs in 20 goals and we use our option to buy him for £15m at the end of the season.

Well that'd be impressive for a #3 striker. Defoe-esque.

Well that'd be impressive for a #3 striker. What-the-media-would-like-you-to-believe-Defoe-does-the-way-they-go-on-esque.

;)

Well that'd be impressive for a #3 striker. What-the-media-would-like-you-to-believe-Defoe-does-the-way-they-go-on-esque.

;)

:lol:

Niall Hickman was on Talksport earlier saying that we'll end up paying close to £20 for him but in reality as Liverpool didn't pay all £35m for him in one lump sum that we might still be owed money making it easier for us to get him.

He also said that he thought Ba would be off and after 31st July his release fee changes to £15m.

I think its all wank to be honest!

Guest sicko2ndbest

What did SSN say?

Nothing, just went for Fan opinions.

Said Carroll was flying out to States on Saturday

The opinion split is probably based on our perceptions. When comparing it with the £35m, it looks great because we've made Liverpool look stupid. On the other hand, its at least £10m and massive wages on a 3rd choice striker that contradicts our new playing style. Unfortunately, both points are valid.

As funny as it'll be to humiliate Liverpool, I think we can easily find a better and cheaper 3rd choice striker. One that fits the blueprint. We know Carroll will be back one day but I dont think it should be this one.

From the outside looking in you would be inclined to think so based on our recent transfer business. However, if the club is serious about getting Carroll back then it's clearly not proving to be so "easy". The fact we seem to have been completely priced out of a move for a promising Eredivisie striker who is unproven at the highest level is testament to this.

I believe the technical staff have earned our trust in the transfer department. Whatever they do I now fully trust them (in huge contrast to only a year or so ago) that they have got their thinking hat on and are acting in the interest of the club in terms of how far it can stretch financially, whether it represents a good deal in terms of resale value and in their assessment of the on the pitch and off the pitch attributes of their transfer targets. Besides, we all know Ashley likes a gamble, and he's hit the jack pot before a few times, so why not trust him seeing as it will be Mike himself footing the bill if it all backfires.

It's funny I should be the one stressing this as I've been more critical than most, but please everybody stop worrying FFS and give the men in charge some trust. They've more then earned it in the last couple of seasons.

Guest Realist

He also said that he thought Ba would be off and after 31st July his release fee changes to £15m.

Because after droopy told the world it was 7m everyone and their brother is going to wait for it to double before bidding.  :idiot2: :idiot2: Baffles me how he makes a living spouting this crap.

Guest bimpy474

Niall Hickman is a clueless gobshite.

This man said at the start of last season that Sunderland are better than us in all departments.....absolute cunt.

I would like Carroll back, if only so I can wear my Carroll 9 shirt again.  Wore it once before he was sold.  :hmm:

Oh, and all the other pro-Andy arguments too.  Yes.

Lets be honest if Cisse has a season like his half last year Carroll might well get his shirt back because Cisse might well be gone in January, albeit for a bigger fee than Carroll.