West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Probably going against the majority here but would like to see him playing in black and white again, one goal and all would be forgotten, even that pathetic dive.

There's a poll at the top of each page which might give you a clue :thup:

Don't we have a 25% sell on fee? So £20mil would become £15mil?

I'm sure it would be written into the contract that we couldn't benefit from the clause in that way

Think it's 25% of any profit they make. So if they got £45m we would get £2.5m. If they got £35m or less we would get fuck all :pow:

Can we get this pinned to the top of the forum?  :lol:

I'm sure it would be written into the contract that we couldn't benefit from the clause in that way

Think it's 25% of any profit they make. So if they got £45m we would get £2.5m. If they got £35m or less we would get f*** all :pow:

Why on earth would there be a clause for 25% of profit, how much did they think liverpool were going to sell him for  :lol:

This from the same management team that claimed he was worth fuck all. It'll be 25% of any sale

Think it's 25% of any profit they make. So if they got £45m we would get £2.5m. If they got £35m or less we would get f*** all :pow:

Why on earth would there be a clause for 25% of profit, how much did they think liverpool were going to sell him for  :lol:

This from the same management team that claimed he was worth f*** all. It'll be 25% of any sale

Why on earth would there be a clause for 25% of any sale? Liverpool were already giving you 35M for Carroll :lol:. 25% of profit would be considerably more likely.

Guest VegasToon

This from the same management team that claimed he was worth f*** all. It'll be 25% of any sale

Why on earth would there be a clause for 25% of any sale? Liverpool were already giving you 35M for Carroll :lol:. 25% of profit would be considerably more likely.

Do you know who owns us?

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/avs/avatar_9251_1328708376.gif

Five Live still leading strongly with this story and the expectation that we'll be back with a better offer imminently. I know the days are gone when the BBC were massively reliable but I find it strange just how certain they appear to be compared to Sky etc.

Five Live still leading strongly with this story and the expectation that we'll be back with a better offer imminently. I know the days are gone when the BBC were massively reliable but I find it strange just how certain they appear to be compared to Sky etc.

I generally think that Sky need to fill airtime on SSN so they jump over every little thing no matter how ridiculous whereas the BBC can be a bit more choosy with their stories, only reporting when they have something solid.

The Journal are saying that Liverpool want £20m.  They won't get any takers for that sort of price.  It is way over what most clubs other than the top few can afford and none of them have shown any interest.

Pardew quotes on it:

Andy Carroll deal is in the hands of Mike Ashley

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

ALAN PARDEW admits he is hoping to add Andy Carroll to his Europa League-bound Magpies – but says that the process is now very much in the hands of United owner Mike Ashley and the Liverpool board.

Pardew has made it clear to his own board that he would welcome the return of the big Geordie striker, now it appears to be down to whether the American-owned Kop club are prepared to cut their losses and move on.

And, after an initial offer to take Carroll on loan was turned down, United seem prepared to go back in again for the player they sold for £35m in January 2011.

Liverpool are trying to prevent themselves taking a major hit, but Newcastle’s only offer so far is thought to be around the £13m mark.

Carroll was not part of the Liverpool squad that headed to North America yesterday afternoon as he still has an arranged week off after his Euro 2012 commitments.

And it remains to be seen if he will join up with his team-mates.

Pardew – who has already seen a move for Luuk de Jong of FC Twente fall through this summer – told the Chronicle: “That whole process is a little bit more involved with the chairman and the board at Liverpool.

“We’ve got a great team here, a great squad, and if Andy Carroll comes it’ll only add to us.”

Quick Vote

Do you want Andy Carroll to return to Newcastle?

Yes

79.1%

No

20.9%

Ashley is thought to be keen on bringing Carroll back and United fans have already been discussing just what a great coup it would be if he was reintroduced to the squad at less than half-price.

As revealed in the Chronicle yesterday, Carroll has made it clear he doesn’t want to kick his heels at Anfield, where he isn’t wanted by new Kop boss Brendan Rodgers.

And his first choice would be a move back to Tyneside.

Pardew – who guided his side to a 1-0 win over Claudio Ranieri’s Monaco in a pre-season friendly in Germany last night – went on: “It’s simple, really. Sometimes transfers are done at corporate level.

“I’m slightly detached from that. It’ll be what it’ll be.”

But the LMA and Premier League manager of the year knows that the key to any deal is money – for both an eventual transfer fee and the player’s wages, which may have to be supplemented by the Merseysiders.

He went on: “It’s been said that he’s available, and if we’re involved then we’ll be involved because of the figures, not anything else, because we know he’s good enough. I’m slightly detached from it.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/07/17/andy-carroll-deal-is-in-the-hands-of-mike-ashley-72703-31408911/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz20s6V2jJ2

Doesn't sound like he's jumping with joy at the prospect of Andy rejoining..

Doesn't sound like he knew/knows anything about it either.

I'm pretty sure he would have known about it.

Probably after the decision had already been made.

I bet its mostly about Ashley wanting to show everyone what a great deal we did.

"Look, look! I sold him for 35 and 1½ year later I bought him for 15! I'm awesome! Look, look!"

Told ya

Is anyone actually insinuating that we are targeting Carroll because the owner wants him, and is going over the manager's head? :lol:

Pardew.

We don't know everything he said. His quotes in context are basically saying that he's comfortable having him back, but it needs to be a deal we can afford (fee & wages), and all he can do as manager is sit and wait to see what transpires. Don't really see any conspiracy anywhere.

Doesn't sound like he's jumping with joy at the prospect of Andy rejoining..

Keeping his options open

If the pikey signs then Pardew can say he alwys wanted him

If the pikey doesn't sign Pardew can say the deal was out of his hands