West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst case scenario: we lose Ba and play a game of brinkmanship with Liverpool until deadline day then end up empty handed or make a Sibierski/Kuqi style panic signing.

Now THAT's what I call pessimistic. If we lose Ba we'll no doubt go for 2 strikers, as we would then only have Cisse and Shola left..

I'm amazed anyone wouldn't think Carroll wouldn't fit into our style of play. Pardew is absolutely no stranger to humping it long. In fact it used to p*ss me off big style watching big passes come staright back at us because Ba and Cisse just aren't equipped to hold off lumbering centre halfs who simply over run them.

Also, as I mentioned earlier in the thread we're looking at upwards of 55 games this season...

Are we really?

If we do reasonably well in all competitions we will hit somwhere around that mark. I'm sure I read Fulham played what was in effect an extrahalf a season with added UEFA Cup/FA/League

The started in the very first qualifying round, I think. I just don't like presuming we will have loads of extra games when we might not. Perhaps I am just pessimistic.

Seeing as that argument is only really relevant when it comes to the number of strikers, not the actual players, are you happy to go into a full season with 4 competitions with 3 strikers only, one of which can't run for more than half an hour? If you are, you're not nearly as pessimistic as you think..

No, of course not. I recognise we need another forward, not Carroll though.

Although my post wasn't directed at the Carroll debate, more at the general acceptance that we will have loads more extra game. It was slightly irrelevant looking back as we still need another forward.

Think we'll sign him on loan right at the end of the window.

Agree, as if Ashley doesn't know exactly what he's doing. Stick in a first offer knowing full well it'll likely be rejected, but will unsettle Carroll. Then sit back and wait until the end of August, when they're now desperate to get him of the wage bill, to go back in with a lower offer; a lower offer that leaves Liverpool feeling :okay: as the reluctantly accept it. Problem Scouse fags? :troll:

Worst case scenario: we lose Ba and play a game of brinkmanship with Liverpool until deadline day then end up empty handed or make a Sibierski/Kuqi style panic signing.

Now THAT's what I call pessimistic. If we lose Ba we'll no doubt go for 2 strikers, as we would then only have Cisse and Shola left..

It is, and I don't think the club would be that foolish, but Ashley has a history of using brinkmanship when negotiating.

We need to set Liverpool/ourselves our own deadline and then look elsewhere, well before the transfer deadline.

I'm amazed anyone wouldn't think Carroll wouldn't fit into our style of play. Pardew is absolutely no stranger to humping it long. In fact it used to p*ss me off big style watching big passes come staright back at us because Ba and Cisse just aren't equipped to hold off lumbering centre halfs who simply over run them.

Also, as I mentioned earlier in the thread we're looking at upwards of 55 games this season...

Are we really?

If we do reasonably well in all competitions we will hit somwhere around that mark. I'm sure I read Fulham played what was in effect an extrahalf a season with added UEFA Cup/FA/League

The started in the very first qualifying round, I think. I just don't like presuming we will have loads of extra games when we might not. Perhaps I am just pessimistic.

Seeing as that argument is only really relevant when it comes to the number of strikers, not the actual players, are you happy to go into a full season with 4 competitions with 3 strikers only, one of which can't run for more than half an hour? If you are, you're not nearly as pessimistic as you think..

No, of course not. I recognise we need another forward, not Carroll though.

Although my post wasn't directed at the Carroll debate, more at the general acceptance that we will have loads more extra game. It was slightly irrelevant looking back as we still need another forward.

O0

Guest Spiria

People on RAWK thinking we'll off £10 million + one of our crown jewels :mackems:

It's them who will have to 15m £ plus caroll if they want something

And they will get nothing. :knuppel2:

People on RAWK thinking we'll off £10 million + one of our crown jewels :mackems:

So we are basically going to give them their money back now they are desperate to get rid.

Sounds plausible I suppose.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Why would we give them money and one of our best players?

Surely Carroll + £15m would be closer to the mark.

or more realistically it would be a Patrick Bateman calling Dorsia moment where Derek just laughs like a twat at the Liverpool representative and then hangs up.

If Carroll plays his cards right and nobody else intervenes (is this the word?) we'll probably get him for 7-8 million. Too bad Wesh Ham are keen on him. They're such an amateur gang, I can totally see Gold, Sullivan, the bitch and Fat Sam blowing it all on Carroll..say 20 million - 100k a week. Thus f***ing up our plan - the biggest legal con in football history.

Can't see the argument that signing one player is going to dictate the style of football we play next season, and he would definitely improve the squad. A loan with an option to buy sounds incredible and not sure why people would be against that. Anything higher than ten million is excessive like.

Probably going against the majority here but would like to see him playing in black and white again, one goal and all would be forgotten, even that pathetic dive.