West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Reminds me of the Michael Owen transfer actually except West Ham are us and we're Liverpool in this scenario.

Never thought about it like that, but it is quite similar

I give Carroll more credit than to just want to sit on the bench. He may be dumb but I do think he wants to play.

I'm sure he does. I was just pointing out that he can't be forced to leave.

'I'm gutted to be leaving my home town club, i was told to go. I didn't want to leave that's why I signed a 5 year deal. I was pushed out of the door.'

:yao:

They always say that, don't they?

Reminds me of the Michael Owen transfer actually except West Ham are us and we're Liverpool in this scenario.

Never thought about it like that, but it is quite similar

Except that Carroll isn't already past it. Maybe.

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

Transfer update-ish: #NUFC won't get involved in auction after #Whu bid for Carroll. Their bid remains on table but won't be improved.

Expand

Reply  Retweeted  Favorite

GOOD

http://heart.theoffside.com/files/2011/02/Cgood.jpg

Guest bimpy474

£17m. :lol:

I wasn't aware West Ham had that sort of money. Although I'm not used to £1.7m let alone £17m. :okay:

They haven't yet, its £2m loan fee, the rest if they stay up...thats when the new TV deal money kicks in ;)

West Ham will get him imo. Carroll may want to come back here but if the offer's good enough from West Ham, he's off there. If Carroll's worried about settling in, he'll have his mate Nolan to help him get through the good times and bad. Carroll didn't really have much support at Liverpool (unsurprising when you're working with c***s like Carragher, Gerrard, Suarez, Dalglish, etc.) but I really do think Nolan being at West Ham could sway Carroll's decision. Sure, his home is here but he has alienated a lot of the locals so he's going to have to do a lot of work to do if he wants to get himself back in people's good books (mine included, still don't want him back).

:lol: No they won't.  Would be hugely surprised anyway.  Have this post for your sig if I'm wrong.

Well, I really don't want him back so I'm holding out hope that West Ham actually do get him :laugh:

Guest bimpy474

SSN now, Carroll would consider loan move to a English team playing in Europe.........no Wham then.

Guest bimpy474

He's going to dig his heels in isn't he? :lol:

It's a £12m game of chicken.

Think he only wants to come to us........Ashley sure isn't going to blink first. Time to see if Liverpool have the bottle not to.

Think he only wants to come to us........Ashley sure isn't going to blink first. Time to see if Liverpool have the bottle not to.

Precisely, dear boy.

SSN now, Carroll would consider loan move to a English team playing in Europe.........no Wham then.

Just rewording his answer to Liverpool's question of where he wants to go..

Next time.. "Would consider loan move to an English team that finished 5th in the league last year."

"Would consider a loan move to a club with the letters N.E.W.C.A.S.T.L.E. in its name."

Guest bimpy474

Precisely, dear boy.

Boy !!! oooh you are awful but i like you ;D

Guest bimpy474

Just rewording his answer Liverpools question of where he will go..

Next time.. "Would consider loan move to an English team that finished 5th in the league last year."

"Would consider a loan move to a club with the letters N.E.W.C.A.S.T.L.E. in its name."

Think its going to happen as well.

Guest bimpy474

Could maybe see Spuds going for him.

If they dont get Adebayor aye, Chelsea need another striker too.

You're all in denial. The lad wants to come home. One day, after he has eclipsed Shearer's Premiership goal record in our black and white shirt he will confess in his memoirs that it was all one big cunning Mike Ashley plan. The 35 million move, the disappointing performances in the red shirt of Lolerpool, getting Dogleash sacked in the process, refusing to go anywhere else but us, leaving Lolerpool no choice but to sell him back for 3.5 mill to get his wages of the books, and the subsequent re-emergence of the prodigal son. 443 goals in 12 seasons at Newcastle and a complete Premiership and Champions League winning team bought from the proceeds of his transfer, who'd have thought it possible..?

Oh ffs, i really hope we don't get him :angry: ( obviously)

Aye, obviously.  Hopefully Julio Leftsidededforwardo will be brought in for around £7m and will just definitely be better than Carroll could ever dream of being.

People that are openly adverse to this transfer can piss off imo, unless it's mainly based on cost or tactics, which is fair enough and a different argument.