West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

You're all in denial. The lad wants to come home. One day, after he has eclipsed Shearer's Premiership goal record in our black and white shirt he will confess in his memoirs that it was all one big cunning Mike Ashley plan. The 35 million move, the disappointing performances in the red shirt of Lolerpool, getting Dogleash sacked in the process, refusing to go anywhere else but us, leaving Lolerpool no choice but to sell him back for 3.5 mill to get his wages of the books, and the subsequent re-emergence of the prodigal son. 443 goals in 12 seasons at Newcastle and a complete Premiership and Champions League winning team bought from the proceeds of his transfer, who'd have thought it possible..?

Nostradamus obviously.....hello Nos mate ;D

Oh ffs, i really hope we don't get him :angry: ( obviously)

Aye, obviously.  Hopefully Julio Leftsidededforwardo will be brought in for around £7m and will just definitely be better than Carroll could ever dream of being.

:lol: To be fair, he's class on FM

Guest BooBoo

I don't really grasp the hostility to resigning him. For all the trouser wetting about the price, nobody can come up with a suitable alternative who critically, wants to join Newcastle.

I get that we played well last year as a 433  but that was always seemingly a tactic against the lesser sides. When we play on the road or against better teams, it's clear that Pards will favour the more solid, albeit less exciting, 442. It's not as if the 433 was ever a full time switch to set up like that every game.

You're all in denial. The lad wants to come home. One day, after he has eclipsed Shearer's Premiership goal record in our black and white shirt he will confess in his memoirs that it was all one big cunning Mike Ashley plan. The 35 million move, the disappointing performances in the red shirt of Lolerpool, getting Dogleash sacked in the process, refusing to go anywhere else but us, leaving Lolerpool no choice but to sell him back for 3.5 mill to get his wages of the books, and the subsequent re-emergence of the prodigal son. 443 goals in 12 seasons at Newcastle and a complete Premiership and Champions League winning team bought from the proceeds of his transfer, who'd have thought it possible..?

Amen brother. We'll probably get Andy for less than 10 million if he plays his cards right and he'll tear shit up once again for us, thus confirming the biggest legal con in football history.

I don't really grasp the hostility to resigning him. For all the trouser wetting about the price, nobody can come up with a suitable alternative who critically, wants to join Newcastle.

I get that we played well last year as a 433  but that was always seemingly a tactic against the lesser sides. When we play on the road or against better teams, it's clear that Pards will favour the more solid, albeit less exciting, 442. It's not as if the 433 was ever a full time switch to set up like that every game.

:thup:

Obviously then he's willing to come here or stay there (if playing) and probably nowt else. I don't think we'll do anything now until very late in the window. We've played our hand and we'll make them sweat.

I think the bigger debate here is why a number of people have lost faith with our buying policy now we're linked with a guy who has already smashed goals in for us.

Cost/tactics/attitude arguments are valid but ability/buying policy arguments are not.  A lot of people on here who watch every single game in Europe each week while still leading their team to glory on Football Manager time and time again have opinions that are there to be respected and admired but there you go.

Sewelly I'll believe in because he's just a daft football freak with a football illness and decent craic but these other ones can piss off.

Where are you from/based Mole_Toonfan?  I'd like to know.  Fed up with this now.

Your getting tired of what exactly? the fact i dont want him because he costs far too much and would rather someone who is versatile and fits more than one system and can play in more one position.

Dont see what the problem with that is.

Also why does where i'm from matter?

Also i dont even play football manager  :lol:

I think the bigger debate here is why a number of people have lost faith with our buying policy now we're linked with a guy who has already smashed goals in for us.

Cost/tactics/attitude arguments are valid but ability/buying policy arguments are not.  A lot of people on here who watch every single game in Europe each week while still leading their team to glory on Football Manager time and time again but there you go.

Sewelly I'll believe in because he's just a daft football freak with a football illness and decent craic but these other ones can piss off.

:lol: :clap:

Guest BooBoo

A striker who is versatile and plays more than one position.

Getting tired of this shit? Who is it you want? I think Robin van Persie is out of reach unfortunately.

Guest bimpy474

I'm getting fecked off with the total spackers on here who seem to think we will suddenly start hoofing it long as our only way of playing if he comes back.

They seem to forget we didn't play that way with him in our team at any stage when he was here. We had the option of going long when we needed it but we never blootered it all game.

Its all about price for me, anything around £12m or under sign him, its not rocket surgery.

Getting tired of this s***? Who is it you want? I think Robin van Persie is out of reach unfortunately.

I just stated the type of player that i'd like to see us go for, i don't have to state names because that isn't my job.

All i want is a forward who can play wide so we can stick to 4-2-3-1/4-3-3. Carroll can only play 1 position.

I have never been against Carroll's ability as a player and what he can bring i'm against his attitude, his tactical versatility and his price.

But because my opinion is different, i'm a football manager freak and a foreigner who has no right to give his opinion on the team he has supported since he was 4 years old.

Where are you from/based Mole_Toonfan?  I'd like to know.  Fed up with this now.

Your getting tired of what exactly? the fact i dont want him because he costs far too much and would rather someone who is versatile and fits more than one system and can play in more one position.

Dont see what the problem with that is.

Also why does where i'm from matter?

Also i dont even play football manager  :lol:

Where then?

Guest firetotheworks

Getting tired of this s***? Who is it you want? I think Robin van Persie is out of reach unfortunately.

I just stated the type of player that i'd like to see us go for, i don't have to state names because that isn't my job.

All i want is a forward who can play wide so we can stick to 4-2-3-1/4-3-3. Carroll can only play 1 position.

I have never been against Carroll's ability as a player and what he can bring i'm against his attitude, his tactical versatility and his price.

But because my opinion is different, i'm a football manager freak and a foreigner who has no right to give his opinion on the team he has supported since he was 4 years old.

Tbf, if you've only been supporting us for 10 years, you should be able to remember how good Carroll was. :lol:

I'm sorry, but that's not our job. You can't discount the opinion of anyone that disagrees with you because we are incapable of coming up with a viable alternative. I  am just confident we could do better.

I'm sorry, but that's not our job. You can't discount the opinion of anyone that disagrees with you because we are incapable of coming up with a viable alternative. I  am just confident we could do better.

Undermines the argument rather though, doesn't it?