West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Thought he was poor tonight (Allen) Ramsey should be starting ahead of him.

Didn't watch the game but i have seen enough for Swansea that shows his quality and unlike Henderson ( terrible comparison) he can actually pass forwards, create and dribble.

Henderson is just awful.

Besides i'm pretty sure most players look awful under the coaching of Stuart f*cking Pearce :lol:

Didn't watch the game but i have seen enough for Swansea that shows his quality and unlike Henderson ( terrible comparison) he can actually pass forwards, create and dribble.

Henderson is just awful.

Besides i'm pretty sure most players look awful under the coaching of Stuart f*cking Pearce :lol:

Tonight was my first real live watch of him, I expected more, but one swallow and all that.

Henderson is just awful.

This I wholeheartedly agree with.

Henderson is just awful.

That wasn't a direct comparison in terms of playing style btw, more of the fee's they paid and are looking to pay respectively.

I didnt realise the icelandics took over again, theyll no doubt match his wages and give him a 5 year deal, why worry to them itll only be 37 million quid, easily affordable.

What? They still own a stake, but Gold and Sullivan together are the majority shareholders

Henderson is just awful.

That wasn't a direct comparison in terms of playing style btw, more of the fee's they paid and are looking to pay respectively.

Ah i take that back then, the difference is that Allen is actually talented and can actually effect a game, while Henderson is just horribly awful.

I can see why Liverpool want him, but 15m as pointed out is well over the top but unlike with Henderson they are actually paying for someone with ability.

But i have always felt prices only matter when a player performs badly. If a player performs you could play 50m for him and it wont even get mentioned.

In anycase i will still laugh at Liverpool, because it's what i do  :D

Ya you must have been one of those who said that you wouldn't have sold him for any price when we did sell him. I would have been happy with 20M and since that time, his stock (and ability) has plummeted quite considerably.

What has Joe Allen done to achieve such a price tag though? 15 million is an outragous fee.

unlike Carroll he has ability

Daft thing to say really. I'm not really for the move, but he's no where near as bad as some people on here are making out.

Guest BooBoo

No issues with West Ham getting him. They are about his standards. We can do better esoecially for the price quoted.

There it is again.

Taking him on a years loan is a good deal. In 12 months time the SKY deal kicks in and lifts the money by a third of what Clubs will get this season. £17m in 12 months time will be less of an impact. Expet lunacy to reign when prices for average players go through the roof.

No issues with West Ham getting him. They are about his standards. We can do better esoecially for the price quoted.

There it is again.

Very little (if anything) in the last 18 months suggests Carroll is worth anywhere near the figures being discussed so it's perfectly logical to think we can do better, especially with the kind of players we're pulling out the hat these days.

I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way as far as perceptions of Carroll go.  He was never worth 35 but a bad season under the tutellidge of a certified loon (in which he steadily improved and ended up showing well at a major international tournament) doesnt mean he is worthless. 15m is a decent deal and if we keep ba and cisse too I'd welcome him back.

Guest BooBoo

I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way as far as perceptions of Carroll go.  He was never worth 35 but a bad season under the tutellidge of a certified loon (in which he steadily improved and ended up showing well at a major international tournament) doesnt mean he is worthless. 15m is a decent deal and if we keep ba and cisse too I'd welcome him back.

Sense amongst the madness.

Who though?

You can't just say "who though?". The club will obviously have a list of well scouted players who they'd want who most of us haven't heard of or haven't seen much of. Carroll being asked to pick up where he left off with us is as much of, if not more of, a risk than us signing an "unknown" from abroad.

Guest BooBoo

"The club will obviously have a list of well scouted players who most of us haven't heard of"

That is an incredibly naive assumption based on nothing.

"The club will obviously have a list of well scouted players who most of us haven't heard of"

It's also impossible to argue against. Could be the new messi could be the new Jeffers. What we do know though is that Carroll, though flawed of character, is a decent player who loves it here

Other than the signings we've made very recently who most of us haven't heard of? Bigi, Amalfitano and Good were all unknown to the vast majority.

Guest BooBoo

:lol:

Of course they're relatively unheard of, they are youngsters. For a forward we're looking for a more experienced player who can join the first team squad. It seems that de Jong was first choice but he's gone. In terms of looking for a player who's available and keen to join, it's naive to say there's a host of talented unknowns just waiting to be snapped up.