West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest rosstoon

A few things need to bear in mind here. NUFC have a 25% sell on so Liverpool will need to give them what is owed as well as 4.5m Based on a 18m fee. This will leave LFC with a bigger loss. If NUFC offer 14m then the offer in theory is more than the West Ham offer as no sell on fee will be returned. Ashley will pay 100% up front which will be favoured by LFC as they will have instant funds to improve their squad. Ultimately if local and national press are correct then AC wants to return and does not see West Ham as a viable Option

A few things need to bear in mind here. NUFC have a 25% sell on so Liverpool will need to give them what is owed as well as 4.5m Based on a 18m fee. This will leave LFC with a bigger loss. If NUFC offer 14m then the offer in theory is more than the West Ham offer as no sell on fee will be returned. Ashley will pay 100% up front which will be favoured by LFC as they will have instant funds to improve their squad. Ultimately if local and national press are correct then AC wants to return and does not see West Ham as a viable Option

You talk like you have seen all the details of the deal, how do you know we have a 25%sell on clause, its pure speculation mate.

:lol:

Of course they're relatively unheard of, they are youngsters. For a forward we're looking for a more experienced player who can join the first team squad. It seems that de Jong was first choice but he's gone. In terms of looking for a player who's available and keen to join, it's naive to say there's a host of talented unknowns just waiting to be snapped up.

If we keep Ba and Cisse, we don't need a top player to come straight in because he probably won't play much based on Pardew's comments recently about Ba being in a front 2. We can sign a young-ish striker and ease him in.

Guest rosstoon

Not saying that I have seen anything but we all work on Speculation and what has been reported. That is what I am basing my comment on. The whole transfer market is pure speculation.  I cannot imagine that there is NOT a 25% sell on as LFC were desperate an MA is a very good business man. If there is not then my statement is not correct. But basing this on the information in the press i believe that he will not join WHUFC and if interest from NUFC is real then he will do what he can to join

Who though?

You can't just say "who though?". The club will obviously have a list of well scouted players who they'd want who most of us haven't heard of or haven't seen much of. Carroll being asked to pick up where he left off with us is as much of, if not more of, a risk than us signing an "unknown" from abroad.

If someone says there are much better players around for £15 million, their argument somewhat flounders if they can't actually name a better player.

Who though?

You can't just say "who though?". The club will obviously have a list of well scouted players who they'd want who most of us haven't heard of or haven't seen much of. Carroll being asked to pick up where he left off with us is as much of, if not more of, a risk than us signing an "unknown" from abroad.

If someone says there are much better players around for £15 million, their argument somewhat flounders if they can't actually name a better player.

I'm not a scout who watches a few hundred games a year around the world. I don't watch any foreign football at all.

If you or anyone else really thinks Carroll is the best striker we can get for £15million then you must work for Liverpool in some capacity. That Maiga (?) who we almost signed went for £5million for example.

Guest icemanblue

It's fucking mental how Carroll's suddenly become the most useless laughing stock in the league to some people on here, hilariously short memories.

Yep.

It's f***ing mental how Carroll's suddenly become the most useless laughing stock in the league to some people on here, hilariously short memories.

Suddenly :lol: You haven't heard ANY of the numerous "Carroll is shit lol" jokes in the last 18 months? That horse falling over a ball gif maybe?

It's fucking mental how Carroll's suddenly become the most useless laughing stock in the league to some people on here, hilariously short memories.

Yep.

Dont think it is so much laughing stock.  I think it would be good to get him back, just not sure £20M is money we should be spending on him alone, especially considering the value we have managed to obtain elsewhere.  If we did spend £20M on him and he did not rediscover the form he was in whilst here before, he surely would become the laughing stock pretty quickly (at our expense).

Yep.

Dont think it is so much laughing stock.  I think it would be good to get him back, just not sure £20M is money we should be spending on him alone, especially considering the value we have managed to obtain elsewhere.  If we did spend £20M on him and he did not rediscover the form he was in whilst here before, he surely would become the laughing stock pretty quickly (at our expense).

I still think he's a good player, and will do well in the league, I just think we'd be better off moving on.

It's f***ing mental how Carroll's suddenly become the most useless laughing stock in the league to some people on here, hilariously short memories.

Not really he's never been a good footballer, he was good at being on the end the type of attacks we built during that time span but he was never a good footballer.

Also he's been awful for longer than he's been good.

Not really he's never been a good footballer, he was good at being on the end the type of attacks we built during that time span but he was never a good footballer.

:lol: This is the type of thing I'm talking about.  He was immense for us in 2010, you must have been in a coma during that period and compensated by having a flick through the book of football cliches.  What Ian W's saying is fair enough but comments like yours are ridiculous.

He's had a bad time at Liverpool but will be a good Premier League player.

It's not whether he's a good footballer, he was very good for us for a while and can, in the right system, be unplayable, it's whether he's anything more than a £10m footballer, and I don't think he's that. I don't believe we should be naive enough to think Ashley is willing to just splurge on him and not take that money out of whatever pot of money he has to fund transfers. He may be willing to push the boat out on occaision but surely that cuts the money to spend on other positions. We got Cisse for £9m and he's twice the footballer Carroll will ever be. I have to think there are footballers who suit us more for less out there. I'd be pretty gutted if we get Carroll for £15m and then a week later someone on a similar level to us gets Remy much cheaper.

:lol: :lol: So basically you have just admitted he was good then.

Guest icemanblue

I honestly don't think West Ham are even serious with this bid. Think it's probably a little bit of brinkmanship on his (dodgy as fuck) agents behalf, with the aim of raising his price.

:lol: This is the type of thing I'm talking about.  He was immense for us in 2010, you must have been in a coma during that period and compensated by having a flick through the book of football cliches.  What Ian W's saying is fair enough but comments like yours are ridiculous.

He's had a bad time at Liverpool but will be a good Premier League player.

He was good for 6 months and he's been awful the rest of the time. I have to believe it was a flukey run of form as in nearly 2 years since he hasnt come close to replicating the form not even once.

I realise he was really good in those 6 months when he had the entire team built for him, but before then and since then he hasnt shown anything to suggest it wasn't just a flukey run of form.

:lol: :lol: So basically you have just admitted he was good then.

Not what i meant by being a " good footballer " being a good forward and a good footballer is two totally different things.

For example Tim Cahill was a fantastic finisher but quite average in his general play so i wouldnt really call him a " great footballer"