West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I don't think people would be wanking their cocks off but if that good header that was excellently saved and that cracking shot that hit the crossbar had gone in he would get a lot less slack.

He is back up to Carroll for me at the moment but this season is when he should be judged. Coming in when Carroll (a forward who couldn't compliment best any less) was hitting top form wasn't a good thing for him.

I appreciate he has looked nothing special so far for Coventry and country, I dont see him becoming a prolific goalscorer but he could be a decent target man.

In all honesty I don't have great hope but he deserves a proper chance which I don't think he got last season.

He was always a shite signing, always going to struggle here and needs to be moved on asap.

Best doesn't "deserve a chance." We're a Premier League club, not Jim'll Fix It.

True - but 'we' bought him and gave him a long term contract so there are some obligations

Yes and God knows why but our obligation starts and ends at his payslip.

I don't think people would be wanking their cocks off but if that good header that was excellently saved and that cracking shot that hit the crossbar had gone in he would get a lot less slack.

The cracking shot that should have burst the net at Plymouth? You make your own luck.

I don't mean we should just give him a load of games and hope he turns out okay, I mean if for whatever reason he is in the team now is the time to prove himself instead of deciding he isn't good enough after a handful of starts last season.

Best doesn't "deserve a chance." We're a Premier League club, not Jim'll Fix It.

True - but 'we' bought him and gave him a long term contract so there are some obligations

Might as well give him try seeing as we're paying him though?

Eh, why? In an emergency when he's all we have, yes. He should be way way down the pecking order though.

Eh, why? In an emergency when he's all we have, yes. He should be way way down the pecking order though.

AS we're paying him£x a week and the guy who bought him is still in charge.  I think he's shite too and would rather we peddled him - but i'd hope dthat the days of lads idling on overblown salaries whilst never kicking a ball had ended with Xisco. 

Should have burst the net :lol:  he wasn't 6 yards out. I don't understand why people get so angry at the suggestion we might give players a chance. Good luck when you get fit Gosling :thup:

AS we're paying him£x a week and the guy who bought him is still in charge.  I think he's shite too and would rather we peddled him - but i'd hope dthat the days of lads idling on overblown salaries whilst never kicking a ball had ended with Xisco. 

So you'd rather we used him for the sake of it to the detriment of the team? ???

Should have burst the net :lol:  he wasn't 6 yards out. I don't understand why people get so angry at the suggestion we might give players a chance. Good luck when you get fit Gosling :thup:

Best has had a chance though, and at a lower level.

Why don't they give me a chance then? Or Joe Bloggs from Newcastle Blue Star?

Gosling's been playing regularly in the Premiership so it's a bit different.

AS we're paying him£x a week and the guy who bought him is still in charge.  I think he's s**** too and would rather we peddled him - but i'd hope dthat the days of lads idling on overblown salaries whilst never kicking a ball had ended with Xisco. 

So you'd rather we used him for the sake of it to the detriment of the team? ???

I'd rather we hadn't bought him in the first place.  But Clipboard must have seen something in him and he hasn't had much of a chance to prove what that soemthing was as yet. So I don't think that there is much harm in giving him the odd 20 mins to show what he might have.

Best was bought primarily to get us up as a guarantee of Championship goals (we didn't seem to notice that he'd been playing every week and not scored for three months) and he didn't manage one - now we should play him in the top flight? It's lunacy.

AS we're paying him£x a week and the guy who bought him is still in charge.  I think he's s**** too and would rather we peddled him - but i'd hope dthat the days of lads idling on overblown salaries whilst never kicking a ball had ended with Xisco. 

I'd rather we hadn't bought him in the first place.  But Clipboard must have seen something in him and he hasn't had much of a chance to prove what that soemthing was as yet. So I don't think that there is much harm in giving him the odd 20 mins to show what he might have.

Has he not had that chance? He made a fair number of CCC appearances and couldn't manage a goal against the shite in that league for the runaway leaders. Even his Championship record is poor.

Best was bought primarily to get us up as a guarantee of Championship goals (we didn't seem to notice that he'd been playing every week and not scored for three months) and he didn't manage one - now we should play him in the top flight? It's lunacy.

Giving him three (?) year deal if that was the rational for buying him was lunacy. We've got him now and we're paying him.  What harm 20 mins here and there?

Because you or Joe Bloggs aren't anywhere near the level Best is otherwise you would have been playing in the championship?  ???

Regularly? Wasn't it something like 9 starts in 2 years according to the Everton fans who don't really rate him?

How many games did he start for us? What is considered a chance these days? Not much apparently.

Giving him three (?) year deal if that was the rational for buying him was lunacy. We've got him now and we're paying him.  What harm 20 mins here and there?

If we have the luxury of being able to play a dud for 20 minutes here and there, fair enough. I think we're going to need all the minutes we've got this season. I suspect the days of being 3-0 up and coasting after half an hour that we enjoyed last season are over.

If we have the luxury of being able to play a dud for 20 minutes here and there, fair enough. I think we're going to need all the minutes we've got this season. I suspect the days of being 3-0 up and coasting after half an hour that we enjoyed last season are over.

I agree - but we've not (at present) got many other options.  Ideally I'd like us to buy  a new decent quick striker and Lovenkrands be our 'impact' player.  I'm not convinced that is going to happen and we'll have to us ethe resources we can caall upon.  Like it or not, Best is one of those resources and, rather than let him rot, I'd like to give him the occasional chance.

Because you or Joe Bloggs aren't anywhere near the level Best is otherwise you would have been playing in the championship?  ???

Regularly? Wasn't it something like 9 starts in 2 years according to the Everton fans who don't really rate him?

But similarly Best is nowhere near the level of the rest of the players. He's a Championship/League 1 player.

Fair enough, 'regularly' might be pushing it, but he has been playing in the Premiership and he is only 20. FWIW I'm not particularly excited by his signing.

Should have burst the net :lol: he wasn't 6 yards out. I don't understand why people get so angry at the suggestion we might give players a chance. Good luck when you get fit Gosling :thup:

How many games did he start for us? What is considered a chance these days? Not much apparently.

Wasn't he bought to basically guarantee us goals in the Championship and didn't manage one?

Should have burst the net :lol: he wasn't 6 yards out. I don't understand why people get so angry at the suggestion we might give players a chance. Good luck when you get fit Gosling :thup:

Six starts and seven appearances from the bench - one of which was from 14mins. Done absolutely nowt against shite opposition in a winning team playing good football by that point and coasting.

Like I said, I think Hughton will give him a few more games but I wouldn't.

Guest manomush

ok we should all take your crap and moan when he scores i hate people like

you

Wasn't he bought to basically guarantee us goals in the Championship and didn't manage one?

He was played with someone who didn't suit him at all (who he shouldn't partner again) and who was starting to get goals.

Pretty much the exact same scenario Carroll found himself in at the start of the season when he was being called worse than shit iirc.