West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The lad was unplayable today - as good a performance from a centre forward that I've as I've seen in black and white since a Mr Alan Shearer. :thup: Reminds me very much of a young Duncan Ferguson (which I've noted before) He's great in the air, strong, good left foot, good touch and a bit of pace. Still plenty of work for the lad to do - he needs to keep working hard and not get into bother off the pitch.

Do all those things and I think we might have found the latest answer to the great no.9 question. :)

He's a 10m rated striker on the strength of what I saw today. Really haven't seen anything like that in a long time from a rookie 21yr old English striker. An ablsolute masterclass in lone man forward play, made Carew at the other end look very very average. Think he'll be called up for Eng very soon. The real beauty for me was the last goal where he was so casual and showed so much composure it was unreal - just gliding the ball in with his left like was Mario Kempes or summink. The really exciting part is that he will improve, there is another 20% to come in all areas of his play. If he stays fit and confident I dare say a top 12 finish isn't beyond this side with Cheick yet to come in and probably one other.

The big thing for me is the massive improvement in his link up play. For long-periods last season his flick-ons seemed to have no direction or purpose - whereas today they were all measured and more often than not found the man he was looking for.

Happy to hold my hands up and say that this time last year I wasn't too fussed on him - the year in the Championship seems to have done him the world of good - and it's good to see somebody develop the way he has since January.

Just realised that I have Andy Carroll in my Fantasy League team.......

....but he was on the bench!  :doh:

Bloody Crouch and Tevez as starters.  :facepalm:

I switched him in for this weekend for a healthy 14 points :smug:

One thing I noticed today, even compared to last season, he is massive. When he first came through he was a bit lanky, but now he has filled out and he is beast. Hard as fuck even without a glass.

That is all.

One thing I noticed today, even compared to last season, he is massive. When he first came through he was a bit lanky, but now he has filled out and he is beast. Hard as fuck even without a glass.

That is all.

The guy's turned into a right monster. Huge bloke.

Not seen many people win the amount he does in the air. Good feet for such a big guy too. He causes such a problem that if we had a good mobile guy just off him then chances are they are both going to get a lot of goals. Bellamy would of been perfect!

Quality player - delighted he got a hat-trick - should comfortably get double figures this season

I take it there are not many haters left now?

Just wait till he goes 4-5 games without a goal then we'll be crying for the 'clinical finishing of Ameobi'.

He'd be such a good striker if he cut his hair.

Seriously though... Shearer at his best couldn't provide that assist for Nolan in the first half - he's just so, so good in the air. His finishing has improved twenty-fold, aswell. I also echo the comments about his size, he's an absolute fucking unit.

Not to take anything away from a side that scored six goals today, but he really really needs to have a consistently good strike-partner to fulfil what is enormous potential here. We haven't had anyone come through the ranks with such potential in the last ten years (atleast), i don't think.

It's immensely satisfying the way he's come on. He has not looked back since we signed best in January. He could have continued to wither away playing - to be fair - pretty poor football cos he was guaranteed a start. All that went out the window and i can't fault anything at all since then. He looks like he couldn't give a shit sometimes, but his application in the past eight or nine months has been second to none.

Long may it continue.

He'd be such a good striker if he cut his hair.

Seriously though... Shearer at his best couldn't provide that assist for Nolan in the first half - he's just so, so good in the air. His finishing has improved twenty-fold, aswell. I also echo the comments about his size, he's an absolute fucking unit.

Not to take anything away from a side that scored six goals today, but he really really needs to have a consistently good strike-partner to fulfil what is enormous potential here. We haven't had anyone come through the ranks with such potential in the last ten years (atleast), i don't think.

It's immensely satisfying the way he's come on. He has not looked back since we signed best in January. He could have continued to wither away playing - to be fair - pretty poor football cos he was guaranteed a start. All that went out the window and i can't fault anything at all since then. He looks like he couldn't give a shit sometimes, but his application in the past eight or nine months has been second to none.

Long may it continue.

Er, yeah he could. At his worst.

I assume you're taking the piss here.

Er (you fucking ponce), running away from goal at high speed + the precision? I dunno... Shearer was exceptional when it came to heading the ball at goal but

actually yeah. Shearer would have done that no probs probably. I'm bumming Carroll tonight though, so fucking happy.

Er (you fucking ponce), running away from goal at high speed + the precision? I dunno... Shearer was exceptional when it came to heading the ball at goal but

actually yeah. Shearer would have done that no probs probably. I'm bumming Carroll tonight though, so fucking happy.

:lol: :thup:

But i genuinely think Carroll is one of the best strikers, aerially, i've seen for us. I don't want to knee-jerk but i can't really fault him where that's concerned. Whether it's infront of goal/knocking it down - or even knocking it on (he's not only big but he's got a fair leap on him too)... his all-round aerial play looks excellent.