West Ham agree fee in region of £15m with Liverpool for Andy Carroll

Pilko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If he's going to cost £18m (or anywhere near that tbh) then I hope we pass and look elsewhere. There's got to be better value than spending that much on Andy f***ing Carroll ffs. 

Never in the world is he worth more than £10m

I wouldn't even go that high tbh but West Ham apparently agreed the £18m fee at the end of the loan. Bargepole time, no thanks.

That was before he went there and ruined the Andy Carroll myth though :lol:

I think he's a good Premier League striker, and being a local lad we can get the extra 10% out of him to make him a very good one.

Would happily pay 10 million to get him back, not sure he's worth much more than that.

If he's going to cost £18m (or anywhere near that tbh) then I hope we pass and look elsewhere. There's got to be better value than spending that much on Andy f***ing Carroll ffs. 

West Ham have been saying they are unlikely to buy him permanently but I wouldn't be surprised if they are talking dowm their interest in order to lower the fee.

I wouldn't even go that high tbh but West Ham apparently agreed the £18m fee at the end of the loan. Bargepole time, no thanks.

That was before he went there and ruined the Andy Carroll myth though :lol:

Think of the mediocre to good salable French players we can bring to the business that will very likely profit margins exceeded the original £18m outlay needed for Andy Carroll. Could probably get 5-6 for that price.

Haven't West Ham already said they won't be exercising the option they have on him?  He's not been a £9m player for them let alone £18m.

Guest neesy111

Haven't West Ham already said they won't be exercising the option they have on him?  He's not been a £9m player for them let alone £18m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21985131

Seems to me that people don't want to sign him largely because of the style of play it would imply. Personally I think he's exactly what we need. If we can sign him and a CB to replace Colo I'd be massively in favour.

Guest neesy111

Seems to me that people don't want to sign him largely because of the style of play it would imply. Personally I think he's exactly what we need. If we can sign him and a CB to replace Colo I'd be massively in favour.

At 18M?

£35m  :lol: Now and then that tickles me  :lol:

If we can get him for £8-9m then I think he'd be a good option to have. Still think we'd need some pace though, so if it meant him or pace, i'd choose pace.

Not just that but i'm absolutely convinced he's not good enough and doesn't score enough plus for the price mooted its a non starter.

At 18M?

I don't think he's worth that, if that's what you're asking, mate.

He'll be injured again before the season's over. Another thing to look forward to if we get him.

Who would you fancy if we were to bring in 1 or 2 forwards?

I'm the last person to ask about this stuff. I barely watch any football outside our games.

I just hope it's a player suited to whoever our manager is at the time as we've bought a few recently who don't seem to be.

Because all our excellent crossers of the ball are being wasted? ;)

If we're at all resigned to sticking with Pardew, he (or someone of a similar mould) and Cisse would be a decent option. Not great though.

With Debuchy, Santon, HBA and Gouffran potentially working the flanks I'd love for us to be getting in around defences and cutting back balls for Cisse / onrushing midfielders - moving away from our aerial-based "strategy". Debuchy has been promising in this regard so far.

If the price is right and the club don't feel they can get anyone better for cheaper, I'm at the point I'd take him back. I wouldn't expect any more than £10m mind.

I find it hard to believe we can't sign someone who has better goal return than 11 goals in 61 games since 2011 if i'm honest.

That is my biggest issue, not style of play the fact he has scored no more than Cabaye since he left.