Plastic Geordies

Guest Phil K

Sorry madras, I didn't post immediately as I was detained elsewhere, busy puking up my guts into the toilet, got a nasty winter virus at the moment. Otherwise I'd have been here ROFLing for Britain at your immensely witty repartee.

Sorry madras, I didn't post immediately as I was detained elsewhere, busy puking up my guts into the toilet, got a nasty winter virus at the moment. Otherwise I'd have been here ROFLing for Britain at your immensely witty repartee.

norovirus ? tis a bugger,had it before christmas. paracetamol and plenty of fluids.

anyway commonwealth games next up. you'll be representing scotland.

Guest Brazilianbob

Talk about being two faced and insular.  On the one hand the argument is you ain't a geordie unless you are from Newcastle, but then you all complain about the north/south divide.  The truth is, it is geordies who not only maintain this so called divide, they reinforce it by being so insular.  I think it's time the Jarrow March was put to bed don't you?

Talk about being two faced and insular.  On the one hand the argument is you ain't a geordie unless you are from Newcastle, but then you all complain about the north/south divide.  The truth is, it is geordies who not only maintain this so called divide, they reinforce it by being so insular.  I think it's time the Jarrow March was put to bed don't you?

You obviously don't understand the question. It's about people like Steve Bruce who pretend NOW to be diehard Geordie because it might suit him in the future, when in reality he is an absolute diehard Man U fan. That's plastic.

Insularity means something completely different.

Guest Brazilianbob

On the contrary I understand completely, but in my view, if a person is born in England but brought up in Australia he is still English, or at least has dual nationality, ergo if he is born in Newcastle he is a geordie regardless of where he is brought up and regardless of what team he grows up supporting.

• 5 months later...
Guest toonlass

Just thought I'd resurrect a (very) old thread, on the day that we crown a new king.

http://images.teamtalk.com/08/03/800x600/Steve_Bruce_732053.jpg

All hail King Broken Face - you two faced (at least), plastic cunt.

More Play-doh geordie when you look at his nose.

Guest getalife

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7711/jarrowcrusade.th.jpg

O0

I like how we love people like Rob Lee, Les Ferdinand, Philipe Albert for coming to Newcastle, falling in love with the place and becoming "adopted Geordies" yet when someone from Newcastle does the opposite they are scum.

Bit harsh.

I like how we love people like Rob Lee, Les Ferdinand, Philipe Albert for coming to Newcastle, falling in love with the place and coming "adopted Geordies" yet when someone from Newcastle does the opposite they are scum.

Bit harsh.

we dont make the rules, we just apply them badly.

edit, oh fuck i think ive just applied to be an mp.

On the contrary I understand completely, but in my view, if a person is born in England but brought up in Australia he is still English, or at least has dual nationality, ergo if he is born in Newcastle he is a geordie regardless of where he is brought up and regardless of what team he grows up supporting.

Most people born, brought up and living in Newcastle are not 'Geordies' - they are just people from Newcastle.  In the same way, most people born, brought up and living in London, are not 'Cockneys' - they are just people from London.

Like most people from here, I am VERY proud to be from Newcastle and am equally proud to support Newcastle United FC, having had a season ticket for most years, since season 1969/1970.

I am also proud to be English and British.

I do not see why we have to say that "someone is a whatever"  -  we are all just people from somewhere . . .

Just thought I'd resurrect a (very) old thread, on the day that we crown a new king.

All hail King Broken Face - you two faced (at least), plastic cunt.

I think he got that playing for Gillingham in the cup many years ago. Like most centre halves he was more comfortable using his heed than his feet, and tried to clear a ball in his own penalty area that was 6 inches off the ground with his heed and got a good kicking for his trouble.

Still, he was a player with a massive heart and he was a huge over achiever considering his abilities. I saw lads nutmeg him, run around and nutmeg him again when he was a kid, but he was very focussed and single minded and always tried to be the best he could be.

He'll make sure that there will be no passengers in the mackem squad and they'll more than just survive next season.

And all this talk of him being a "plastic geordie" is total bollocks. He's just maximizing his talent, as he's always done, and not trying to upset any club, or set of fans, that might progress his career in the future.

He's a very shrewd cookie making the best of what he's got, and that's to be commended.

I like how we love people like Rob Lee, Les Ferdinand, Philipe Albert for coming to Newcastle, falling in love with the place and becoming "adopted Geordies" yet when someone from Newcastle does the opposite they are scum.

Bit harsh.

bit off topic but thought Rob Lee would have learned how to say Newcastle properly after 10 years of living up here....he still says Nooocarsel!

All hail King Broken Face - you two faced (at least), plastic c***.

I think he got that playing for Gillingham in the cup many years ago. Like most centre halves he was more comfortable using his heed than his feet, and tried to clear a ball in his own penalty area that was 6 inches off the ground with his heed and got a good kicking for his trouble.

Still, he was a player with a massive heart and he was a huge over achiever considering his abilities. I saw lads nutmeg him, run around and nutmeg him again when he was a kid, but he was very focussed and single minded and always tried to be the best he could be.

He'll make sure that there will be no passengers in the mackem squad and they'll more than just survive next season.

And all this talk of him being a "plastic geordie" is total bollocks. He's just maximizing his talent, as he's always done, and not trying to upset any club, or set of fans, that might progress his career in the future.

He's a very shrewd cookie making the best of what he's got, and that's to be commended.

I agree. Think he will do well for the mackems.

Bobby Charlton has annoyed me ever since his interview in the Boro away dressing room after they beat us to the title. No idea if it makes him a plastic geordie, but I do think he's a cunt.