The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest Heneage

The hell with Manchester United, but I wish we gave our kids half as many chances.

Have to give Sir Alex a f*ck load of credit for that like. Chasing a goal to win the match with two kids who've hardly played in the Premiership, and look what happens.

He has belief in their ability and has the stones to whack them on.

He has massive balls, MASSIVE!

I don't know who was on their bench but I don't know what other options he had. He's naturally going to stick a forward or 2 on.

to be fair those were the only strikers on the bench.

Lets not forget when he flogged off Ince, Kanchelskis and some other goon who i forget now and went with his kids, Scholes, Beckham & Butt etc.  Went on to win the title did they not?

Big balls.

I agree with that, but in the context of today, it was more a last roll of the dice than anything else.

Guest Heneage

rooney back for sunderland, is he?

I believe so, as is Scholes Vidic is a no go though, as the first two, gained two yellows, Vidic was a straight red.

What a disappointing day.

Still glad MON didnt put more weight in the UEFA?

Yes.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, though, isn't it?

He had a difficult decision and he made the right one. It didn't work out the way he hoped it would do, but I think he made the right call at the time.

I thought we were very good today, but we need to f***ing shut up shop and defend a lead at times.

you defended the right way imo, from the front.

You defend deep and Man U will kill you man. They had to play through you today and tbf manged it, because of their absolute brilliance. The only way they were going to score two past you in the second half was by scoring two fantastic goals

I believe so, as is Scholes Vidic is a no go though, as the first two, gained two yellows, Vidic was a straight red.

Scholes go a straight red for handball on the line. I believe Vidic is back aswell as it's only a one match ban for denying a goalscoring opportunity, but he got a 2 match ban for it being his second red of the season. I've been speaking to PM too much...

Guest Heneage

Scholes go a straight red for handball on the line. I believe Vidic is back aswell as it's only a one match ban for denying a goalscoring opportunity, but he got a 2 match ban for it being his second red of the season. I've been speaking to PM too much...

I thought it was 3  going off Nolan? Well not for the last time I'm talking bollocks Dinho pal, all three will play. :lol:

I thought it was 3  going off Nolan? Well not for the last time I'm talking bollocks Dinho pal, all three will play. :lol:

Nolan's wasn't a professional foul.

Guest kingdawson

What a disappointing day.

Still glad MON didnt put more weight in the UEFA?

Yes.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, though, isn't it?

He had a difficult decision and he made the right one. It didn't work out the way he hoped it would do, but I think he made the right call at the time.

I thought we were very good today, but we need to f***ing shut up shop and defend a lead at times.

you defended the right way imo, from the front.

You defend deep and Man U will kill you man. They had to play through you today and tbf manged it, because of their absolute brilliance. The only way they were going to score two past you in the second half was by scoring two fantastic goals

Exactly exactly exactly. As i said before, Villas problem was that both Villas cm's are static, and neither of them gambled and made runs into the pen area. Anyone notice how many dangerous balls the wingers put into the 6 yard box, only for no one to get on the end of them. Barry was excellent for 60 mins, then he got sloppy, and Petrov was non existant.

I just can't understand people can enjoy the french league but we shouldn't go over this again :lol:

It's a damn good league. Los of great talents. Very competitive. Great title race this year too. Been a far superior league to the PL this year. Also I've followed Marseille since I was about four. But I guess it's not good enough because they don't have a four team CL monopoly.

I just can't understand people can enjoy the french league but we shouldn't go over this again :lol:

It's a damn good league. Los of great talents. Very competitive. Great title race this year too. Been a far superior league to the PL this year. Also I've followed Marseille since I was about four. But I guess it's not good enough because they don't have a four team CL monopoly.

Agreed. Imo its brilliant to see PSG back near the top.

No offence, lads. I suppose I'm just not a football fanatic like you lot. One of my mates can easily watch three games in a row on telly. I just can't, so boring it would kill me.

No offence, lads. I suppose I'm just not a football fanatic like you lot. One of my mates can easily watch three games in a row on telly. I just can't, so boring it would kill me.

I once watched football from 10am to 4am. Some on the telly, some online on naughty naughty stream sites. Nothing better than football. Nothing.

I once watched football from 10am to 4am. Some on the telly, some online on naughty naughty stream sites.

Fucking hardcore that.

Guest BooBoo

The winning goal for Man Utd today was absolutely amazing. Give the lad "Goal of the Season" right now because you wont find a better strike all year.

I once watched football from 10am to 4am. Some on the telly, some online on naughty naughty stream sites.

Fucking hardcore that.

:lol:

Pissed me off when Andy Gray said something like 'you can be the best player in the world, but...'

yeah Andy 'you can be the best player in the world, but, but? but? but you're not. Lionel Messi is. '

I said something similar to my dad when he said this. Im sure andy gray thinks not prem league teams only play in the champions league, nothing else.

f***ing hardcore that.

Yeah, that's a bit much tbh. :lol: I play more than I watch. I usually only watch the teams that I follow (Newcastle, Marseille, Nigeria), and ones that I'll think will be interesting. Between playing and watching I'm realising a whole lot of time is devoted to sport.