The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

No offence, lads. I suppose I'm just not a football fanatic like you lot. One of my mates can easily watch three games in a row on telly. I just can't, so boring it would kill me.

I once watched football from 10am to 4am. Some on the telly, some online on naughty naughty stream sites.

f***ing hardcore that.

Yeah, that's a bit much tbh. :lol: I play more than I watch. I usually only watch the teams that I follow (Newcastle, Marseille, Nigeria), and ones that I'll think will be interesting. Between playing and watching I'm realising a whole lot of time is devoted to sport.

Tbh, I'll normally watch any match that's on. If its boring as feck then I'll change and flick back onto it a couple of times....maybe. I quite like watching Spanish football and the lower English leagues. The Bundesliga highlights on Setanta Sports are ace!

Went through all of Sky's games today:

Cardiff V Swansea

Luton V Scunny

Man Poo V Villa

All very good games in fairness. I'd say the Luton game nicks it ahead of the Welsh derby, though.

Anyone else see the Cardiff game? Cracking match, like.

I just can't understand people can enjoy the french league but we shouldn't go over this again :lol:

It's a damn good league. Los of great talents. Very competitive. Great title race this year too. Been a far superior league to the PL this year. Also I've followed Marseille since I was about four. But I guess it's not good enough because they don't have a four team CL monopoly.

The French league in the main is dull,  I have switched over to watch La Liga.

YES! 1-0 Niang! Fully deserved, but a f***** stupid penalty to give away. I thought Sall was going to actually kill the ref though.

I just can't understand people can enjoy the french league but we shouldn't go over this again :lol:

It's a damn good league. Los of great talents. Very competitive. Great title race this year too. Been a far superior league to the PL this year. Also I've followed Marseille since I was about four. But I guess it's not good enough because they don't have a four team CL monopoly.

The French league in the main is dull,  I have switched over to watch La Liga.

La Liga is great, but I just never followed a team in that league, so I have nothing invested when I watch.

Been watching footy since I got up today!

Cardiff v Swansea

Luton v Scunthorpe

Man Utd v Aston Villa

Valencia v Getafe (2nd Half)

St-Etienne v Marseille

Guest Heneage

Marseille up 3 nil. Gomis subbed to a chorus of boo's. They'd be lucky to get £7 million for him now.

Marseille up 3 nil. Gomis subbed to a chorus of boo's. They'd be lucky to get £7 million for him now.

Gomis and St. Ettienne have both had spectacular falls from grace since the end of last season. The team might be relegated and the player isn't highly regarded at all by now.

Do you think Beye could talk Niang into coming to Newcastle Babatunde?

Seems a quality player like

I wouldn't think so. Marseille are in a good position to qualify for CL for he 3rd year running, so it'd be a step down. Then again, the Senegalese players respect Beye like a father and he has been linked with england before. So who knows. I'm not really his bggest fan though.

What you know about this Guillaume Hoarau guy Baba?

it is like i see him score 1-2 goals every bloody game

He's a very good player man. Is exactly waht we need to partner Oba/Owen. I would compare him to John Carew. Big and strong, but still decently skilled. It's funny though, because everyone thinks he's this young player, but he's actually older than Oba. The man is 25 years old and a great talent, but this is the first year he's been able to play at top flight club.

Guest Heneage

What you know about this Guillaume Hoarau guy Baba?

it is like i see him score 1-2 goals every bloody game

Not even funny how perfect he would be really.

Absolutely disgusting tackle by Carsley on Iwelumo. Looks like he has broken his leg. Straight red-card.

Carr actually having a good game at right-back!

Absolutely disgusting tackle by Carsley on Iwelumo. Looks like he has broken his leg. Straight red-card.

Was a horrible tackle, and Carr has never ran so much!

Guest kingdawson

Carr was immense when he was with us.

Carr was immense when he was with us.

Aye he was. Quality he was. He had 1 decent season with us and that was it, really. Shame, lots of players seem to do that at Newcastle United.

I remember being pretty optimistic about him when signed, and then scored that cracker down at Southampton in his first month or so. :lol:

I turned over as he was getting treatment, did they not show any replays of it?