The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Redknapp is a complete idiot, the stuff he comes up with in defence of his favourites is ridiculous

No mention of Chelsea being camped in their own half for the entire game at their home ground, the last 35 minutes of which were against 10 men.

Bulls*** tbh. Chelsea had many more chances than Barcelona. It's called counterattacking and they did it well.

I can sympathize with Drogba though. I'm happy Barca are going through but what the fuck does Chelsea have to do to get a penalty.

Most of those calls weren't even borderline, they were blatantly obvious pens.

He was an awful ref. He was ridiculously shit. Someone was going to be in his face after the match regardless of the result. The fact that it was Chelsea after all that just makes it funny.

Guest palnese

Norway was that a penalty.

The Pique handball- Clearly. The rest - seen them given

Drogba right in front of the camera "ITS A FUCKING DISGRACE!" :lol:

What's that Man United forum that always makes funny gif of shit that doesn't involve them?

Drogba right in front of the camera "ITS A FUCKING DISGRACE!" :lol:

What's that Man United forum that always makes funny gif of shit that doesn't involve them?

redcafe - the home of the gloryhunters?

The Pique penalty - seen them given on many occaisions.  Was more ball to hand but shouldn't have been doing an 'I'm a little teapot' in the penalty area.  The 'two in the first half' - nee chance.  Drogba's hissy fit on the second put Ferguson's in the FA Cup match to shame.  Haven't seen the one in the last few minutes again.

But the red card was a joke which put them a player down as well as the goal down.

Little Jamie says EVERY decision went against them though

Guest natolars

Redknapp - "Norwegians don't work..." :lol:

Half of this board is now offended

I'm not. :)

Guest kingdawson

Tell you what, if Drogba and Malouda (at least) don't get some pretty serious discipline from UEFA there's something wrong. An absolute joke that behaviour was.

Maoluda was holding Drogba off tbf. Terry was acting like an utter cunt as well.

Anyone else notice Andy Gray change allegiances and totally turn on Chelsea at the end?? Reminded me of the time Chyna gave Triple H a low blow and joined the corperation, after they were together for so long.

Redknapp is a complete idiot, the stuff he comes up with in defence of his favourites is ridiculous

No mention of Chelsea being camped in their own half for the entire game at their home ground, the last 35 minutes of which were against 10 men.

Bulls*** tbh. Chelsea had many more chances than Barcelona. It's called counterattacking and they did it well.

yep i disagree with that, funnily enough chelsea were doing more attacking than barca in the last 10 mins and throughout the match had a bucketful of chances on the counter. barca were appalling tbh. i think they'll win it now though, man utd have been a bit dodgy in some of the big matches this season.

:lol: what was hiddink thinking btw. barca lost 1 opponent he didn't keep the players to keep pressing barca. instead doing more defending. it is very shit tactic, considering the quality that chelsea had through the game. :lol:

Tell you what, if Drogba and Malouda (at least) don't get some pretty serious discipline from UEFA there's something wrong. An absolute joke that behaviour was.

Maoluda was holding Drogba off tbf. Terry was acting like an utter cunt as well.

Anyone else notice Andy Gray change allegiances and totally turn on Chelsea at the end?? Reminded me of the time Chyna gave Triple H a low blow and joined the corperation, after they were together for so long.

:lol: genius

most undeserved victory ever  :lol:

No way, dude. Barca have been the better team over the two legs. Chelsea scored one magnificent goal but never made any attempt to attack. Barca have played excellent football and as a football fan, I'm so glad that Barca have scored a goal that they thoroughly deserved.

what!? Barca had one shot on goal and in the 92nd minute! completely dominated by chelsea, messi, etoo etc were all shit. had their forwards been switched on and had the ref given the pen decisions they would've been a fair few goals clear. in the first leg barca were the better team but chelsea's defending was class which is just as much a part of the game as attacking and in the 2nd leg no contest. but you don't go through based on performances.

Bossing it meaning let the other team play in your half? Come on, man. Valdes had two saves to make (drogba freekick and drogba 1v1), so it's not like they peppered his goal, is it? They probably deserved one or two penalties (not the 5 or 10 that they were whining about) but hey, if that's what they were relying on then tough luck for them. Maybe they should actually try and score a few goals the next time around. Football won today, there's no doubt about that. Even though Chelsea defended magnificently over these two legs, good defending alone doesn't win you anything.

The Pique penalty - seen them given on many occaisions.  Was more ball to hand but shouldn't have been doing an 'I'm a little teapot' in the penalty area.  The 'two in the first half' - nee chance.  Drogba's hissy fit on the second put Ferguson's in the FA Cup match to shame.  Haven't seen the one in the last few minutes again.

But the red card was a joke which put them a player down as well as the goal down.

The handball was an absolute Pen. Pique being next to Anelka when he fell would have been harsh, but it's been given before. The last one would have been fucking unbelievable. No ref in the world would give that.

he sticks his fingers out to make sure he gets a touch imo, as blatant as they come.