The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest toonlass

Shocking result for Tottenham really. Pretty embarassing.

Yes 0-0 against Arsenal is really embarassing.

0-0 against a 10 men Arsenal with Adebayor limping off in the first half is not that great though is it?

Defoe and King would definitely start if fit and would definitely improve the Spuds.  O'hara and Hutton are also first teamers if not definite starters, Gomes is the only one out injured who definitely wouldn't start.

I didn't think about Arshavin by the way considering he's not really injured and in fact could have played at least some part of the game.  He's just not match fit and likely Wenger didn't think a derby would be the right time to make his debut anyway.

Thanks for that, you're spot on.

Disagree with you Kingdawson.

Defoe - Keane partnership is proven to be not productive.

O'hara is not a definite first team starter. There is no guarantee at all Harry will play him if he is fit.

Hutton has been poor. That's why Spurs went on to buy Corluka and Chimbonda.

Guest kingdawson

0-0 against a 10 men Arsenal with Adebayor limping off in the first half is not that great though is it?

No it's a bad result but is it "embarassing"?

Defoe and King would definitely start if fit and would definitely improve the Spuds.  O'hara and Hutton are also first teamers if not definite starters, Gomes is the only one out injured who definitely wouldn't start.

I didn't think about Arshavin by the way considering he's not really injured and in fact could have played at least some part of the game.  He's just not match fit and likely Wenger didn't think a derby would be the right time to make his debut anyway.

O'hara is not a definite first team starter. There is no guarantee at all Harry will play him if he is fit.

I've been impressed with what I've seen of Hutton (only decent Spurs player in the 1-4 for starters) he's just been out injured a lot. Defoe/Keane would have been the starting partnership up top without a doubt if Defoe had been fit.

Having watched that, whilst the sending off was the right decision (however Dean arrived at it) I think the ref seemed to be leaning towards Spurs a lot more. They got the vast majority of decisions imo.

Not embarassing but you have to question your team in a local derby, man advantage, plenty of possession, Arsenal fucking up every attack they had and yet you barely worked Almunia at all all day.

Guest kingdawson

You missed King?

Redknapp would have found a way to start Defoe, that's for sure. Think we bought Corluka because of his ability to cover cb more then rb tbh and it has nothing to do with Hutton being poor (which he has been this season but we bought corluka 2 or 3 games into the season).

Guest sicko2ndbest

I've been impressed with what I've seen of Hutton (only decent Spurs player in the 1-4 for starters) he's just been out injured a lot. Defoe/Keane would have been the starting partnership up top without a doubt if Defoe had been fit.

Having watched that, whilst the sending off was the right decision (however Dean arrived at it) I think the ref seemed to be leaning towards Spurs a lot more. They got the vast majority of decisions imo.

Clean Sheet Today so the King arguement is flawed

Defoe instead of Pav and Bent, maybe slightly, but i think a Pav/Defoe combo is going to be the best!

The managers are not impressed with Hutton though. Even if Hutton is fit - Corluka and Chimbonda will most likely be ahead of him in the queue.

Keane + Defoe would be Harry's first choice partnership - but they have not been proven productive in tandem in the past despite given many opportunities. I think it would be wrong to hypothesize that they will automatically turn good once touched by the "midas" that is Harry Redknappe.

You missed King?

Redknapp would have found a way to start Defoe, that's for sure. Think we bought Corluka because of his ability to cover cb more then rb tbh and it has nothing to do with Hutton being poor (which he has been this season but we bought corluka 2 or 3 games into the season).

I miss King because I do think he will improve the back 4  :razz:

But as someone just said, the fact of clean sheet sort of nullify any advantage of having a fit King and Hutton.

Guest toonlass

I would say embarrassing, in the fact that they are your local rivals. If Sunderland were to come to St James', lost their main striker before half time due to injury, replaced him with someone who wasn't match fit, and then one of their midfielders was sent off I would be gutted and embarrassed if we came away with a 0-0.

Guest sicko2ndbest

When you look at Spuds side:

..........................................................Cudicini/Gomes.......................................................

Corluka/Hutton/Chim.....................Dawson/Woody/King/Huddlestone...................Esso/Bale

Lennon/Bentley...........................Jenas/Modric/Zokora/Palacios......................Taarabt/Ohara

........................................Defoe/Keane/Bent/Keane.....................................................

It is a top 4 squad without a doubt

When you look at Spuds side:

..........................................................Cudicini/Gomes.......................................................

Corluka/Hutton/Chim.....................Dawson/Woody/King/Huddlestone...................Esso/Bale

Lennon/Bentley...........................Jenas/Modric/Zokora/Palacios......................Taarabt/Ohara

........................................Defoe/Keane/Bent/Keane.....................................................

It is a top 4 squad without a doubt

Is it better than any of the other top 4's like? No? Then it isn't a top 4 squad then.

Too many individuals in their team, they should have overloaded one side of the pitch with players, outnumbering Arsenal down one side and then the crossfield pass would have been on, but they all stick to their positions too much and there's zero interchangeability in their side.

Guest kingdawson

I would say embarrassing, in the fact that they are your local rivals. If Sunderland were to come to St James', lost their main striker before half time due to injury, replaced him with someone who wasn't match fit, and then one of their midfielders was sent off I would be gutted and embarrassed if we came away with a 0-0.

ermmmmm Sunderland, Arsenal,Sunderland,Arsenal, Sunderland, Arsenal

Yeh i see where you're comming from.

Guest toonlass

Spurs spend, Newcastle spend, Spurs spend, Newcastle spend, Spurs spend, Newcastle spend

Clearer for you?

Guest kingdawson

Spurs spend, Newcastle spend, Spurs spend, Newcastle spend, Spurs spend, Newcastle spend

Clearer for you?

WTF are you going on about ffs? what have Newcastle got to do with this?

clearly my point was that Arsenal are a far superior team to Sunderland so your example was pretty pointless.

mind, first time i've had chance to get a good luck at palacios...what a fuckin player, shame he went there really as he'll probably end up getting dragged down by wankers like jenas and bentley

looks in the mascherano class to me, maybe better in the long run

Clearer for you?

clearly my point was that Arsenal are a far superior team to Sunderland so your example was pretty pointless.

and her point is you've spent a fuckin fortune so should be doing better, whereas we've made money and have a shit squad and she'd be disappointed with the same result

it's not rocket science mini harry

Guest toonlass

Clearer for you?

and her point is you've spent a fuckin fortune so should be doing better, whereas we've made money and have a shit squad and she'd be disappointed with the same result

Exactamundo

Guest GAMMELL

Clearer for you?

and her point is you've spent a fuckin fortune so should be doing better, whereas we've made money and have a s*** squad and she'd be disappointed with the same result

:harry: :lol:

Guest kingdawson

Clearer for you?

and her point is you've spent a fuckin fortune so should be doing better, whereas we've made money and have a s*** squad and she'd be disappointed with the same result

Are you an idiot, or are you just slow?

Yes we've spent a fortune, yes we should be doing better, yes it's a bad result but when did this become a spurs vs Newcastle argument? why are you (and her) bringing up the value of Newcastles squad in a debate that has nothing to do Newcastle?

The question was whether todays result was embarrasing, which she has now somehow managed to add Newcastle in the equation. Yes i agree that a 0-0 at home to sunderland with them down to 10 men, would be bad (wouldn't even call it embarassing tbh), but Arsenal are in a different league to Sunderlans, so her argument holds no weight.

EDIT : The last bit of your sentence is innacurate anyway. She'd be dissapointed with the same result......AGAINT SUNDERLAND.

Irrespective of the fact that their your rivals and Arsenal are ours, the FACT is, Arsenal are about 30 times a better team then Sunderland, so the comparison is stupid. Now if our result was against West Ham, i could sort of understand but it wasen't.

Guest Heneage

Clearer for you?

Yes we've spent a fortune, yes we should be doing better, yes it's a bad result but when did this become a spurs vs Newcastle argument? why are you (and her) bringing up the value of Newcastles squad in a debate that has nothing to do Newcastle?

The question was whether todays result was embarrasing, which she has now somehow managed to add Newcastle in the equation. Yes i agree that a 0-0 at home to sunderland with them down to 10 men, would be bad (wouldn't even call it embarassing tbh), but Arsenal are in a different league to Sunderlans, so her argument holds no weight.

Being fair if you ignore the comparison with us compared to Arsenal you have invested a lot of money in players that really haven't performed.

Guest kingdawson

Agreed but again, what has that got to do with the result being embarrasing. You're stating something that the whole world knows.

Clearer for you?

correct me if i'm wrong but she drew a direct comparison between 2 derbies and the disappointment she'd have felt had sunderland came to SJP and had a man sent off & lost their man striker and we'd not won, never mind if we'd spent 40m or something in the january transfer window and still not won

that's why newcastle were involved, or are you slow?

for what it's worth i don't think it was an embarrassing result, and never said it was...i was trying to help you read what was fairly clear to me from the good lady's post(s)