The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Do we actually play the same sport as Brazil?  ???

I agree they're incedibly skillful.. but their showboating and lack of effort in the 2nd half nearly cost them the game.. and would have done for some piss-poor linesmanship and some  Ameobi-esc finishing

I wanted to ask, but didn't want to.

The gulf in the standard of play is so huge it genuinely looks like they're actually playing a different sport.  :blush:

What time is the USA-Mexico game on? Rather watch that then Spain-England, not that they'd be on at similar times.

Midnight England time

Love it if N.Korea got to the World Cup like.

Wouldn't mind that. Never gonna happen though.

Also, the spine of their team is now composed of children of immigrants to Japan who only nominally hold North Korean citizenship, so it wouldn't be the same kind of story it was in 1966.

Group 1  Team MP W D L GF GA Pts

Australia 4 3 1 0 6 0 10

Japan 4 2 2 0 7 3 8

Qatar 4 1 1 2 4 8 4

Bahrain 3 0 1 2 3 5 1

Uzbekistan 3 0 1 2 1 5 1

DetailsQuotesMatches

Group 2  Team MP W D L GF GA Pts

Korea Republic 3 2 1 0 7 2 7

Korea DPR 4 2 1 1 5 4 7

Iran 3 1 2 0 4 3 5

Saudi Arabia 4 1 1 2 3 5 4

United Arab Emirates 4 0 1 3 4 9 1

Iran currently 1-0 up v Korea Republic

Am I right in thinking that North Korea are on course to qualify for the World Cup? Wasn't expecting that, not sure what to make of it given the country's problems.

They'll be second in the group until about twenty minutes later.

It's not going to happen really. There's a fairly large gulf between us, Iran and everyone else in the group.

What time is the USA-Mexico game on? Rather watch that then Spain-England, not that they'd be on at similar times.

Midnight England time

Love it if N.Korea got to the World Cup like.

Wouldn't mind that. Never gonna happen though.

Also, the spine of their team is now composed of children of immigrants to Japan who only nominally hold North Korean citizenship, so it wouldn't be the same kind of story it was in 1966.

Ah, wouldn't be the same at all. If they were true N.Koreans it would've been interesting to see how they dealt with the western media & how they manipulated it etc. etc.

It's not going to happen really. There's a fairly large gulf between us, Iran and everyone else in the group.

Cool, I'd like to see South Korea do well again, enjoyed their exploits in 2002.

Group 1  Team MP W D L GF GA Pts

Australia 4 3 1 0 6 0 10

Japan 4 2 2 0 7 3 8

Qatar 4 1 1 2 4 8 4

Bahrain 3 0 1 2 3 5 1

Uzbekistan 3 0 1 2 1 5 1

We just defeatd Uzbekistan 1-0, funny as hell, they were attacking the whole game and missed 3 sitters, we just scored an impossible freekick in the 94th min to take all three points, for the last 4 years we've knocking them out of all tournments :lol:

Cool, I'd like to see South Korea do well again, enjoyed their exploits in 2002.

We've got a great group of young players and hopefully they'll mature before 2010 to save us from an utter embarrassment.

God we're s*** today. Seeing us trying to play carpet football makes you yearn for some good 'ol Big Sam style long ball.

EDIT: :lol: Jisung Park scored almost the moment I hit post