The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

The Italians seem to have lost the way a bit when it comes to defending. 10/15 years ago they were brilliant at defending, uncompromising bastards they were. Now all those players have retired or are winding down and they don't seem to have many coming through to replace them.

Guest Nufc4Life

Infact, something to mention on Zlatan, i dont get to watch alot of Serie A football, admittedly, but i've seen Inter a bit in europe over the years, and i don't rate him, at all. Am i missing something? I mean Jose in the week said he;s the best striker in the world, he must be alright for him to say something like that, but seriously, every time i've seen him he's been very poor

I don't like Zlatan but to state that you don't rate him is strange. Zlatan is a great player and probably best striker right now. Just look at him right now, look at his movement and look at his ability to hold up the ball, problem is there is no one out there who can provide some backing. Look at his header that hit the crossbar, he used a great technique.

'

Hes just to isolated.

He scores goals and has an extremely good games to goals ratio. In the elite.

He might not affect games too much but he scores plenty. A bit like Owen.

That's where i think you're wrong. Hes definetely not the goalscoring type,hes been banging them in but he provides more to the team than only goals. His assist ratio is great, his vision is absolutely fantastic.

Guest timmy boy

According to Martin Tyler he has never scored in 9 games against English opposition and never in the knock out stages. Strange really as in the league he looks different class. I hope he scores tonight to shut up Andy Gray who only has said negative stuff about him so far.

Guest Nufc4Life

I don't like Zlatan but to state that you don't rate him is strange. Zlatan is a great player and probably best striker right now. Just look at him right now, look at his movement and look at his ability to hold up the ball, problem is there is no one out there who can provide some backing. Look at his header that hit the crossbar, he used a great technique.

'

Hes just to isolated.

I see where you're coming from with his hold up play etc, but surely to be the best striker you do have to score alot of goals. I appreciate he can be a quality player without scoring, but when a strikers main objective is to score, and that striker doesnt do that enough, he can't be considered the best.

Also, to use that header to back up your point is strange, a ''top class striker'' should score there every single time.

Guest timmy boy

That's where i think you're wrong. Hes definetely not the goalscoring type,hes been banging them in but he provides more to the team than only goals. His assist ratio is great, his vision is absolutely fantastic.

I agree, Zlatan is nothing like Owen. His technique, control and touch is far superior. He offers far more outside the box as well.

but when a strikers main objective is to score, and that striker doesnt do that enough, he can't be considered the best.

Go check his stats. He still scores enough. 17 in 32 so far this season in Europe and Serie A.

I agree, Zlatan is nothing like Owen. His technique, control and touch is far superior. He offers far more outside the box as well.

Erm, I didn't say anything about Owen being like him in terms of quality, I said he can be ineffective, and as I posted above I meant to say only sometimes.

The Owen comparison was a mistake though, just wanted to compare him to a Newcastle player and he was the first one that came to mind.

Guest timmy boy

Erm, I didn't say anything about Owen being like him in terms of quality, I said he can be ineffective, and as I posted above I meant to say only sometimes.

Fair enough  :thup:

Another chance goes wide.

'

Hes just to isolated.

I see where you're coming from with his hold up play etc, but surely to be the best striker you do have to score alot of goals. I appreciate he can be a quality player without scoring, but when a strikers main objective is to score, and that striker doesnt do that enough, he can't be considered the best.

Also, to use that header to back up your point is strange, a ''top class striker'' should score there every single time.

Then you won't find many top class strikers my friend. name one except Henry and Ronaldo a couple of years ago who scores every single time. Did you see his ball to Stankovic.

Come on i dont like him, but as a player you cant deny he's one of the best strikers around right now.

Guest Heneage

Either way , watching Zlatan play, he does have one of the best close controls I've ever seen, he brings the ball down every time with ease.

I love watching Zanetti, but seriously except him no one is even trying to support Zlatan. Wouldn't surprise me if Vieira goes out for Adriano or Figo in halftime. They need to score and Jose knows that.

Guest Nufc4Life

'

Hes just to isolated.

Then you won't find many top class strikers my friend. name one except Henry and Ronaldo a couple of years ago who scores every single time. Did you see his ball to Stankovic.

Come on i dont like him, but as a player you cant deny he's one of the best strikers around right now.

What i meant was, to use that header as a case for why he's a quality striker is a bit off because, really it was a sitter and he missed it, but i can see what you mean though.

Was a quality ball to Stankovic, i have noticed more in this game his little touches and balls have been good, but the one time i've seen him in front of goal he should've scored.

To be fair like i say, ive only seen him on a few european games so maybe i am being really really ignorant to him here.