The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

I think Messi has more flow to his game. A lot of the things he does just seem to come randomly out of the pure talent that he possesses. Rooney on the other hand is without a doubt immensly talented, but he is only on top of his game when he uses his psychological strenghts and his will to succeed. I don't know exactly how to put it, but it looks to me as if Rooney tries harder than Messi.

Has more passion and desire to win. It's that instinct imo which makes him the great player he is.

Rooney has more passion to win?  Based on what?  The fact that he shouts at referees and gurns after missing chances?  I don't think you can get to where Messi has without a massive desire to win.

His body language. Rooney typically will hurt more after a defeat. He is a bad loser. I'm talking about the desire to win in match situations. There is no doubting Messi's dedication to his game and self-improvement! Afterall, he is the best player in the world, and I will not deny that at all. I just think some people under-estimate Rooney's immense talent because he's English and plays for Man Utd. I might be a bit more biased in favoring Rooney's style of play, as it is similar to how I wish I could have played football. Personally, I prefer the all-action, all over the park style that Rooney plays.

I think Messi has more flow to his game. A lot of the things he does just seem to come randomly out of the pure talent that he possesses. Rooney on the other hand is without a doubt immensly talented, but he is only on top of his game when he uses his psychological strenghts and his will to succeed. I don't know exactly how to put it, but it looks to me as if Rooney tries harder than Messi.

Has more passion and desire to win. It's that instinct imo which makes him the great player he is.

Rooney has more passion to win?  Based on what?  The fact that he shouts at referees and gurns after missing chances?  I don't think you can get to where Messi has without a massive desire to win.

His body language. Rooney typically will hurt more after a defeat. He is a bad loser. I'm talking about the desire to win in match situations. There is no doubting Messi's dedication to his game and self-improvement! Afterall, he is the best player in the world, and I will not deny that at all. I just think some people under-estimate Rooney's immense talent because he's English and plays for Man Utd. I might be a bit more biased in favoring Rooney's style of play, as it is similar to how I wish I could have played football. Personally, I prefer the all-action, all over the park style that Rooney plays.

Fair point.

Bayern have no defence.

They got humped 5-1 at the weekend by Wolfsburg n all although Grafite scored an unbelievable goal for one of them. Well worth watch at a popular video clip site.