The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Coloccini instead of Woodgate

Six months difference. :lol:

Boumsong instead of Colin Hendry.

How good is Iniesta?

I saw him play as a 16 year old at Durham and he was the best player in the Spain squad(which included Fernando Torres).

My favourite Barca player  :smitten:

Iniesta is so underrated on these shores, it's unbelievable.

So was Xavi until Euro 2008.

At the same time it's refreshing to see 2 players who are so good, yet so modest.  They don't care about getting media attention, they'd rather just get on with their game.

Very similar to the way Paul Scholes has been over here.

I'd have preferred Liverpool to win.  Partly because I hate Chelsea even more then Liverpool.  But also because I think it would help our chances against them if they were still in the Champions League, especially if they were out of the Premiership race by then.

I'd have preferred Liverpool to win.  Partly because I hate Chelsea even more then Liverpool.  But also because I think it would help our chances against them if they were still in the Champions League, especially if they were out of the Premiership race by then.

We have zero chance of getting anything out of that game tbh.

We have zero chance if they're out of the Champions League yes..  If they were out of the Premiership title race and still in the Champions League we'd have a chance.  Their Champions League game would be only a couple of days after our game and I wouldn't put it past Benitez to drop basically the entire first team in that situation :)

We have zero chance if they're out of the Champions League yes..  If they were out of the Premiership title race and still in the Champions League we'd have a chance.  Their Champions League game would be only a couple of days after our game and I wouldn't put it past Benitez to drop basically the entire first team in that situation :)

Wouldn't make any difference. Had all sorts of reserves playing when they fucked us up in December

Shakhtar 2 - 0 l'OM in the Waffa, think that should see them through

Wouldn't make any difference. Had all sorts of reserves playing when they fucked us up in December

Shakhtar 2 - 0 l'OM in the Waffa, think that should see them through

Dunno about that, we've got Shearer now whilst then we didn't. Reckon we could steal a point if we had a good day.

This game isn't in December though, its an entirely different game and I'd certainly rather play Liverpool's second time then their first team.

Come on Hamburg!

Didn't end up betting on them or anything, would just hate to see another English team win the UEFA Cup.  Jealousy and all that.  But especially one managed by that total cockend Mark Hughes.

Still feels weird to see him playing for them. Don't think I'll ever get used to it.

Same, hurts like a fork in the eye.

Weirdly the thing we probably miss most from him has been his quick distribution. Harper grows moss on himself he's so slow.

Guest toonlass

Still feels weird to see him playing for them. Don't think I'll ever get used to it.

Me too, feels like seeing your ex with a new partner