The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Hamburg dont seem anywhere near as good as the teams we used to play in the UEFA. Sporting Lisbon in particular. City have been pretty poor, nothing worse than seeing sloppy, simple passes.

Hamburg dont seem anywhere near as good as the teams we used to play in the UEFA. Sporting Lisbon in particular. City have been pretty poor, nothing worse than seeing sloppy, simple passes.

hamburg were much better than that lisbon side (and that lisbon side was,apart from monaco,roma and marseilles...the best side we played in the uefa cup. the vast majority of teams we played in that comp were very poor)

Hamburg look like a really strong side. Bit like Sevilla of old.

Hamburg dont seem anywhere near as good as the teams we used to play in the UEFA.

:lol:

Surprised by that comment, thought they were excellent, strength throughout the team, great work-rate and good football.

Guest firetotheworks

Could just be that Im overlooking their good points, but I thought they lacked craft, they were just functional at an alright level I thought. Very good at snapping at peoples heels, mind. But I thought Man City were really poor, I'll judge Hamburg when they come up against a better team, or at least a better performance from Man City.

Schneiderlin in the middle of the park for Soton is meant to be a cracking player.

Not really seeing much of it today as they're getting hammered but his touch and vision looks alright. Might be worth pilfering for a meagre sum now they're knacked.

Schneiderlin in the middle of the park for Soton is meant to be a cracking player.

Not really seeing much of it today as they're getting hammered but his touch and vision looks alright. Might be worth pilfering for a meagre sum now they're knacked.

Prefer Surman. Has been quality all season. Could be a good buy when we go down.

Prefer Surman. Has been quality all season. Could be a good buy when we go down.

He wouldn't. Overhyped, hasn't been quality all season - in fact has missed various sitters throughout the season and disappears in games. Apparently he hasn't recaptured the form he had at the end of the 06/07 season when he was called up for the U21s. And Schneiderlin has talent, but is constantly on the physio's bench; he's been unable to put a run of games together to enable him to really get going too. I wouldn't touch anyone at Southampton really, but Schneiderlin, Lallana, Surman and McGoldrick all have potential but it's not been actualised at all over the last season.

He wouldn't. Overhyped, hasn't been quality all season - in fact has missed various sitters throughout the season and disappears in games. Apparently he hasn't recaptured the form he had at the end of the 06/07 season when he was called up for the U21s. And Schneiderlin has talent, but is constantly on the physio's bench; he's been unable to put a run of games together to enable him to really get going too. I wouldn't touch anyone at Southampton really, but Schneiderlin, Lallana, Surman and McGoldrick all have potential but it's not been actualised at all over the last season.

Shows how "The Championship" can make a player look good. Can't be any worse than Duff

It was a hard tackle but he didn't jump in, didn't go over the top, and he most certainly won the ball. If the guy came off badly that's unfortunate but like I say, it wasn't even a free-kick IMO.