The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

A team's success in Europe has knock-on effects for the rest of the league. It ups the league's UEFA ranking, which determines how many places the league gets and also increases the ranking of the league's other teams. English teams' recent success in Europe would guarantee a European debutante from the PL seeding in the first or second qualifying round of the UEFA Cup.

That said, I almost always want other English sides to lose in European games.

Looks like a all Ukranian semi in the Waffa.

Kiev 2 - 0 PSG after 15mins.

What a foolish assumption. The Velodrome will be rocking tonight. This tie is not over by any means. Marseille shall prevail. This is nothing but a minor road block on the way to Istanbul.

Looks like a all Ukranian semi in the Waffa.

Kiev 2 - 0 PSG after 15mins.

What a foolish assumption. The Velodrome will be rocking tonight. This tie is not over by any means. Marseille shall prevail. This is nothing but a minor road block on the way to Istanbul.

That's quite the dynamic stadium.

I might be out the loop here...but WTF is up with the blow up bananas?  :kinnear:

They used to have bananas and other inflatables all the time in the early 90's. Was a bit of a fad then. They're just being self-consciously mad fer it tonight on their £5 tickets though.

What a hit from Elano  :kasper:

City are so frustrating to watch. A few good touches/ passes then someone screws up. Caicedo's been shocking and so has Dunne he's lucky to still be playing.

Caicedo is a total donkey.

£6m for an unkown striker who had hardly scored even in the Swiss league? I suspect some dodgy dealings went on there.

City should take him off, put Robinho in the middle and stick Petrov on the left wing. Dunne needs to come off before he gets a red card too, I'd drop Kompany back and put a more attack minded player in.