The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

Guest Chubby Jason

Shut up Ireland you f***ing gypo, who the hell wants to see his face so close to the screen? He's just awful, really can't stand him.

Why? I thought he'd played well this year.

I hate his face and his stupid little pikey beard, and the fact that he is probably the stupidest footballer of all time, just take a minute to absorb the gravity of that statement.

Shut up Ireland you f***ing gypo, who the hell wants to see his face so close to the screen? He's just awful, really can't stand him.

Why? I thought he'd played well this year.

I hate his face and his stupid little pikey beard, and the fact that he is probably the stupidest footballer of all time, just take a minute to absorb the gravity of that statement.

He has no chin. His neck simply merges with his face.

I thought yesterday, especially in the first half, almost every City move that involved about 11 touch and move passes broke down when Robinho tried to pass the ball. For someone they paid so much for, his distribution is fucking shite.

Caicedo's goal was a good take, although that sitter moments later from the corner was Shola-tastic :lol:

Fatty Dunne has always been an oaf, that booking he got after about 10 minutes for charging in and getting turned by Olic, you'd think he might learn, but no, later in the half he gets "dunne" in exactly the same fashion, in the same section of the pitch, by the same player, and was mysteriously ignored by the ref. So pleased we didn't sign him.

Burton Albion, at one stage 19 points clear at the top of the Blue Square Premier, look like they have to go to Torquay on the last game of the season next week and get a result to go up. :lol:

Also noticed after full-time they had Local Hero on over the tannoy.

Burton Albion, at one stage 19 points clear at the top of the Blue Square Premier, look like they have to go to Torquay on the last game of the season next week and get a result to go up. :lol:

Also noticed after full-time they had Local Hero on over the tannoy.

Lost their manager.

was looking forward to the arsenal chelsea game today and then what a surprise itv are showing there beloved manchester united tomorrow instead. now i know its one or the other but i just knew they wud be showing man u. has anyone seen that audi tv channel? i found it by accident once and there was a video on it with the itv presenter just kissing sir alex's ass for about 10mins clearly a big man u fan  :angry:

Howay Fulham, howay Bolton, howay Stoke and howay a draw between Hull and Sunderland (or a Sunderland win)!

Portsmouth and Blackburn aren't out of the woods just yet and anything less than a win for both of those sides today will keep the pressure on them big-style.

I would love it, love it, if none of them on 34 points or less won today like, but I still think Hull are our main hope of a team to catch ahead of all others though, based on their run-in and current form, and so a Sunderland win today wouldn't be too bad for us at all either (Hull have to play Liverpool and Villa afterwards...)

Guest Geordiesned

Howay Fulham, howay Bolton, howay Stoke and howay a draw between Hull and Sunderland (or a Sunderland win)!

Aye looking at Sunderland and Hull's remaining games a Mackem win might actually be best for us.

Aye looking at Sunderland and Hull's remaining games a Mackem win might actually be best for us.

It's a difficult one. A simple way of looking at it is that a Sunderland win puts them on 35 and Hull on 34, whereas a draw puts them on 33 and Hull on 35... obviously if we're taking both into account that's one less point for us to have to claw back on them.

Obviously it's not as simple as that like, not in any way, shape or form! I'm torn really because you figure to stay up the Mackems are going to have to win their home games. If they can't beat Hull at home after putting in a decent shift against Man Utd it could really unsettle them heading to face the Baggies away from home (who in fairness managed to hold Portsmouth at Fratton Park!)

If Sunderland fail to win today and then don't beat West Brom (even if they draw both games) then looking at their remaining 4 games you could say that they were DOOMED. It's not completely out of the realms of possibility...

Re: Sunderland, I don't agree with LeTiss when he said they need 6 points from their next 2 games otherwise they're down. I think even 3 would still give them a good chance, but realistically, getting less than 4 is going to give them a big challenge.

The problem with looking ahead to other fixtures is that teams with nothing to play for (but pride) will be playing teams that are fighting for their lives. We usually got a good result against Chelsea at the end of the last few seasons because we needed it more than them. See also West Ham beating Man U, Etc..

A draw would def be best to be e honest because we might need them both to go down. If boro win again today they might go on a little winning streak and they could still pull away. I know they have man u coming up, but they always seem to do well against them at home!

Hull's run-in is really, really hard... I have them going down with the BBC predictor..

I find myself hoping that Hull DO go down, even ahead of the Mackems, just to upset the horrible Phil Brown and Brian Horton. Wouldn't it also be ace to see the mighty Sam Allardyce relegated, the little sensitive flower that he has suddenly become.

Undecided about mackems/Hull. On the one hand, Hull have the hardest run in....so maybe them getting 3 points here isn't the end of the world as they might not get many more. The mackems however have games that are winnable, and this is their easiest fixture left - so losing it could well fuck them up.

Howay draw/Hull!

Undecided about mackems/Hull. On the one hand, Hull have the hardest run in....so maybe them getting 3 points here isn't the end of the world as they might not get many more. The mackems however have games that are winnable, and this is their easiest fixture left - so losing it could well f*** them up.

Howay draw/Hull!

I want Hull to win just to see the mackems lose.

If we win our games we'll be safe, simple as that.