The other games today - 2008/09

Dave

According to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/live_text/default.stm

Ronaldo wasn't cautioned for the Lennon thing.

If that is true, i'm even more disgusted then i was a few minutes ago. Does anyone remember that particular incident? he actually kicked/tripped up Lennon when he were attacking. It was so cynical, it was actually funny. How did he not get booked?. Ok for sure Webb was corrupt.

Not a massive Spurs fan KD, and would hate to see the bin dippers win the title

but

you were robbed today of a comfortable win

- how that was a penalty is beyond me

- Ronaldo takes his top off and petunantly kicks Lennon up in the air and only receives a yellow

The backlash from Liverpool supporters/ officials/ players will be extreme and rightfully so

You now have the makings of a top top side with Redknapp in charge and i would much prefer you to be the team challenging the top 4 than those money rich arabs from moss side

Good luck mate

Man, a pro spurs post on here? i really don't know how to react, except tell you that your analysis was spot on. Cheers mate :thup: :thup:.

Thing is KD, you've had the makings of a top 4 a side for a while now. What is there to suggest next season will be your season?

Nothing. I never once said we'll break top 4, and i don't think we will. I was agreeing with sicko2ndbest analysis of todays game.

Going back to the top 4 talk, i also don't think neither you nor Villa are equipped to break into it, without changes in the summer.

Just got to mention a pure fact, the only side that has really threatend what you can even call the "Top 2" in PREMIER LEAGUE history more then once is Newcastle and Blackburn, that pretty much sums it up how hard it is.

1993–1994: 1 Manu, 3 Newcastle

1995–1996: 1 Manu, 2 Newcastle

1996–1997: 1 Manu, 2 Newcastle

What does Everton and Villa have?

A couple of 4th and then 5-6 placed? is that challenging the "Top 4"?

Everton has a 4th spot as their high since 1992, Villa has a 2nd spot (too long time away for me to remember if they really challanged that year), but has any of them threatend for the title since then? never a chance, never close.

And what has Tottenham done, f*** s*** thats what! two f***ing 5th spots as their best, jeez.

Newcastle from 93 to 97 really threatend the first spot with concistency, the rest is history....

All this talk within the Spurs, Everton and Villa fans talking about taking on the Top 4, just remember you have never and probably never will be as close as us.

Back then I don't even think the term "top four" was actually even coined yet, so we didn't actually "break it". But still, good shout.

The top 4 never existed back in the day when you were challenging for Man Utd, so your point is completely void.

And "Spurs, Everton and Villa will probably never will be as close as us"? Cut down on the bitterness and stop trying to predict the future.

Guest ovesbar

According to: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/live_text/default.stm

Ronaldo wasn't cautioned for the Lennon thing.

If that is true, i'm even more disgusted then i was a few minutes ago. Does anyone remember that particular incident? he actually kicked/tripped up Lennon when he were attacking. It was so cynical, it was actually funny. How did he not get booked?. Ok for sure Webb was corrupt.

Not a massive Spurs fan KD, and would hate to see the bin dippers win the title

but

you were robbed today of a comfortable win

- how that was a penalty is beyond me

- Ronaldo takes his top off and petunantly kicks Lennon up in the air and only receives a yellow

The backlash from Liverpool supporters/ officials/ players will be extreme and rightfully so

You now have the makings of a top top side with Redknapp in charge and i would much prefer you to be the team challenging the top 4 than those money rich arabs from moss side

Good luck mate

Man, a pro spurs post on here? i really don't know how to react, except tell you that your analysis was spot on. Cheers mate :thup: :thup:.

Thing is KD, you've had the makings of a top 4 a side for a while now. What is there to suggest next season will be your season?

Nothing. I never once said we'll break top 4, and i don't think we will. I was agreeing with sicko2ndbest analysis of todays game.

Going back to the top 4 talk, i also don't think neither you nor Villa are equipped to break into it, without changes in the summer.

Just got to mention a pure fact, the only side that has really threatend what you can even call the "Top 2" in PREMIER LEAGUE history more then once is Newcastle and Blackburn, that pretty much sums it up how hard it is.

1993–1994: 1 Manu, 3 Newcastle

1995–1996: 1 Manu, 2 Newcastle

1996–1997: 1 Manu, 2 Newcastle

What does Everton and Villa have?

A couple of 4th and then 5-6 placed? is that challenging the "Top 4"?

Everton has a 4th spot as their high since 1992, Villa has a 2nd spot (too long time away for me to remember if they really challanged that year), but has any of them threatend for the title since then? never a chance, never close.

And what has Tottenham done, f*** s*** thats what! two f***ing 5th spots as their best, jeez.

Newcastle from 93 to 97 really threatend the first spot with concistency, the rest is history....

All this talk within the Spurs, Everton and Villa fans talking about taking on the Top 4, just remember you have never and probably never will be as close as us.

Back then I don't even think the term "top four" was actually even coined yet, so we didn't actually "break it". But still, good shout.

The top 4 never existed back in the day when you were challenging for Man Utd, so your point is completely void.

And "Spurs, Everton and Villa will probably never will be as close as us"? Cut down on the bitterness and stop trying to predict the future.

We did get 3. place in 2003.

Still, our ambition was to take the title, yours is "making the 4th spot to get to CL", what kind of ambition is that, and i wasnt only talking about "the top 4", it was about going for the title and showing ambition, wich we did and almost made.

This wasnt even meant to be some kind of attack on Spurs, Everton and Villa fans, it just annoys me when you guys come to an Newcastle website to argue about whos best and who is closest when none of you never really has been close (and doesnt look close) to breaking up the top teams like we did back in the days.

I dont even want to start with the Spurs fans, they are clearly living in a PL football world that the rest of us doesnt.

Pathetic

I'm not arguing you didn't get very close to the title indeed back in the day. But you must agree the PL was very different back then, when teams like yourself were in a good position to challenge the very top elite because of the open nature of the league. Of course we don't look close, because of the sheer quality and financial gap between them and us.

Still, our ambition was to take the title, yours is "making the 4th spot to get to CL", what kind of ambition is that, and i wasnt only talking about "the top 4", it was about going for the title and showing ambition, wich we did and almost made.

This wasnt even meant to be some kind of attack on Spurs, Everton and Villa fans, it just annoys me when you guys come to an Newcastle website to argue about whos best and who is closest when none of you never really has been close (and doesnt look close) to breaking up the top teams like we did back in the days.

I dont even want to start with the Spurs fans, they are clearly living in a PL football world that the rest of us doesnt.

Pathetic

The game has changed, gone are the days where you could spend a few bob and challenge for the title. Back in the day even the likes of the Norwich, fresh from promotion, had a shot at the big time. The financial boundries between the top teams and the rest of the league have widened. Your comparing two completely different eras of football, these days its all about progress and making baby steps up the league back then any old Tom, Dick or Harry could challange for the Premier League.

Pathetic

By God it's got me close to tears -- we were trying to to take top spot, now it's taking fourth through to fucking seventh.  No wonder I hate bastard fucking cunting football nowadays.  We, at least had some sort of ambition.

Pathetic

By God it's got me close to tears -- we were trying to to take top spot, now it's taking fourth through to f***ing seventh.  No wonder I hate b****** f***ing c***ing football nowadays.  We, at least had some sort of ambition.

Uh-oh.  :chomp:

Pathetic

By God it's got me close to tears -- we were trying to to take top spot, now it's taking fourth through to f***ing seventh.  No wonder I hate b****** f***ing c***ing football nowadays.  We, at least had some sort of ambition.

The smell of blood is in the air, returning from a couple of ales down the local, the troll returns to feast on his fresh prey.

I only caught one replay of it - but was that definitely the 'appalling' decision Lineker at all were going on about? Did Gomes definitely get a touch? ??? Didn't think so myself, i thought Carrick knocked it past him.

I only caught one replay of it - but was that definitely the 'appalling' decision Lineker at all were going on about? Did Gomes definitely get a touch? ??? Didn't think so myself, i thought Carrick knocked it past him.

As muh as I loathe the Cockerny Mancs, I've still got to say I've seen them given for less (through clenched teeth).  Mind it's still it's as funny as fuck to see the Totttingham blow another match against the Red Scum.

Guest Heneage

Pathetic

Uh-oh.  :chomp:

Bigger Uh-oh.

Are you on smack?

Guest firetotheworks

Never a penalty. I used to think Howard Webb was one of the better referees too, he's been shite lately.

Are you on smack?

I was only half-watching it tbh, which is why i asked. :razz: Saw it happening in the background and thought it was a penalty, but then whattheirfaces in the studio were saying it was an appalling decision.

Definite non-penno then? :dontknow:

It's true though lads - as much  as you like to talk about booze, trolling and letting the loony off the hook, we at least had some sort of ambition and we had a great crack, more than most clubs can ever have said.

In that case, let's invite Shepherd and Hall to buy back  the club and spend big again? It's just so simple!!

Are you on smack?

I was only half-watching it tbh, which is why i asked. :razz: Saw it happening in the background and thought it was a penalty, but then whattheirfaces in the studio were saying it was an appalling decision.

Definite non-penno then? :dontknow:

110%. Terrible decision.

Did Carrick touch it?

He did just before the impact, still Gomes got the ball before brining down Carrick. It was the wrong decision to give a penalty but in my opinion nowhere near the scandal people make it out to be.

Did Carrick touch it?

He did just before the impact, still Gomes got the ball before brining down Carrick. It was the wrong decision to give a penalty but in my opinion nowhere near the scandal people make it out to be.

If I'd made that decision in my game today I'd probably have been beaten up.

Guest getcarter

Did Carrick touch it?

Just imagine if we are 2-0 up on Pompey tomorrow and an incident like that happens and they go on to win. What do you think our reaction would be?

Of course, we'd have to score twice before them like.

Did Carrick touch it?

Yep. This idea that making a mistake means that the ref is incompetent is really tiresome. I can understand a manager getting annoyed but why the panel of so-called experts have to join in the dumbing down I don't know.

Did Carrick touch it?

under 9's ?

Did Carrick touch it?

Totally. Carrick knocked the ball past Gomes, and although Gomes got fingers to it, the direction of the ball didnt change, so I can see why he gave it.